2021-2022 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haven't heard a single PEEP from this school and I honestly resigned myself to a rejection a long time ago, but hearing they interview until March has piqued my interest...

giving me false hope again lmao
i havent heard a peep from any school lmao and everyone's so nice like no news is good news!!! but nah that was the case till like december/january now it feels so late

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
i havent heard a peep from any school lmao and everyone's so nice like no news is good news!!! but nah that was the case till like december/january now it feels so late
I relate to this so freaking hard. I missed this R wave but I don't want to get my hopes up because chances are I'll catch the next one

😭

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
I relate to this so freaking hard. I missed the R wave but I don't want to get my hopes up because chances are, I'll catch the next one

😭

I feel like they have an r wave, send out zero IIs, then have another r wave. I refuse to believe there are premeds that are not on SDN lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
3F77E5C6-B886-468A-96E0-A50275770506.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
I truly, with all of my heart, hate the weekends.

• Care
  • Haha
withdrew my II/app from here today :) i hope it goes to one of y’all!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Based on last years thread, has anyone else in the deferral boat been able to find how long until deferred students typically hear back?

Members don't see this ad :)
from last years thread i saw that deferred students just got put on the waitlist and idt there was much movement last year

Reactions: 2 users
^ or you can be rejected in april instead of being put on wl. Most likely tho it seems you are put on wl and there usually isnt a ton movement but still a chance- seems like boston track movement is more but that is pure conjecture.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
I can also confirm that after some digging in the 2020-2021 thread, I found no one that reported being deferred and accepted, only waitlisted. I couldnt even find any deffered applicants report recieving ANY news before April. A HUGE wave of WL's for deferred applicants came on April 15th. Maybe some people that never posted heard otherwise, but maybe this is atleast reason to suspect that deferred --> A or hearing anything back before April is rare.

Also, I dont recomend wasting time digging through the previous years thread, I've found out the hard way that it only brings pain o_O

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I can also confirm that after some digging in the 2020-2021 thread, I found no one that reported being deferred and accepted, only waitlisted. I couldnt even find any deffered applicants report recieving ANY news before April. A HUGE wave of WL's for deferred applicants came on April 15th. Maybe some people that never posted heard otherwise, but maybe this is atleast reason to suspect that deferred --> A or hearing anything back before April is rare.

Also, I dont recomend wasting time digging through the previous years thread, I've found out the hard way that it only brings pain o_O
Last year I was deferred in January, added to the waitlist in April, then rejected in July... It was ridiculously drawn out. When I was added to the waitlist in April, there were a bunch of rejections at that time

deferred in october for maine track and just want a decision so badly.... trying to send them updates but feeling discouraged....

Hellllooooo Tufts, long time no see!!

For admitted applicants, there has been like......zero communication, right? Like.....we got the financial aid forms about 2 months ago and the thingy about the children's hospital.....

Does anyone know where we can go to verify they got all of our financial aid documents? When the Health Justice scholars application opens up? When we hear back about financial aid? Inc=formation for specifics on second look......all that fun stuff......

For admitted applicants, there has been like......zero communication, right? Like.....we got the financial aid forms about 2 months ago and the thingy about the children's hospital.....

Does anyone know where we can go to verify they got all of our financial aid documents? When the Health Justice scholars application opens up? When we hear back about financial aid? Inc=formation for specifics on second look......all that fun stuff......

I’m not an admitted student but I’m in a program through their SOM and can say that in general their financial aid office is really helpful! I’ve been in a similar situation with FA with them and they’re very transparent about their processes and very happy to help answer questions.

They’re quick to respond to emails but I usually call them:

(Note: tufts is closed today due to weather)

Reactions: 1 users
complete mid/late September and still nothing

Reactions: 4 users

I just emailed them asking them to confirm they got my FA materials and they got back to me super quickly and confirmed! I also contacted admissions and we should be getting invited to accepted student groups later this week!

Soo is the general consensus Tufts is probably done sending interviews?

Reactions: 1 user
II just now!!!! Any advice from past interviewees is welcome!

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Congrats!!! I would suggest really just reflecting on your journey thus far. How did medicine become a thought, what was the path that transformed that thought into action, what are you looking for in a medical school (and how does Tufts’ mission and resources relate to this) and where do you see your future in medicine. I think exploring this in depth really helps prepare you to answer a variety of questions in an interview.

Most importantly, show off your people skills and personality. Smile. Be normal (or weird if you’re weird!… just not too weird). Ask your interviewers how their days are. Both of my Tufts interviewers were kind, engaging people; I’d imagine they really just want to see that out of their prospective students, as well. Be confident but humble; professional but warm and welcoming. You’re going to do great!

Last edited:
  • Love
congrats! You're going to do wonderfully! Would you mind saying your complete date/stats?

As someone who missed the R wave, I have regained a shadow of hope with your post.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
congrats! You're going to do wonderfully! Would you mind saying your complete date/stats?

As someone who missed the R wave, I have regained a shadow of hope with your post.
Also would you mind sharing your interview date as well? I hope that wasn't the last II wave because I also missed the R wave. Good luck with your interview!!

Reactions: 6 users
Also would you mind sharing your interview date as well? I hope that wasn't the last II wave because I also missed the R wave. Good luck with your interview!!

Complete 8/8. II dates available 3/14, 3/16, 3/21, 3/23.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
There isn’t one yet lol. I’ve been accepted since October and have checked Facebook periodically and nothing. In the past groups have been created in December or January so I have no idea why there isn’t one yet :/
The Class of 2026 Facebook group is up and running! Just received the email from Admin.

thinking about sending a letter of intent to another school that i do really like and already interviewed at, but I would choose tufts over them given the option. crazy to find out II’s still going out here - do people think its worth holding out much longer??

thinking about sending a letter of intent to another school that i do really like and already interviewed at, but I would choose tufts over them given the option. crazy to find out II’s still going out here - do people think its worth holding out much longer??
I would say that if you have another acceptance, hold out for Tufts. But if you do not, then do your absolute best to get into at least one school. Because the worst thing would be to miss your chance at the other school and Tufts doesn't send out anymore II's.

I’m not an expert, but I’d say yes (at least that’s what my adcom friend told me). He says April is go-time for LOI’s due to the waitlist movement ramping up. This month is probably last month for II’s at Tufts.

Almost got a mini heart attack when I got the “Tufts MC Candidate Application Survey” notification

at a time where my hope has been down, the knowledge that this school is still offering interviews brought it up some lol
If it makes you feel better too, I called Tufts the other day and they said they're still sending invites Mon and Wed, until March 31st

Reactions: 10 users
Anyone have an idea whether we can call the admissions office at this point and ask what we could improve on for our application for next year? Just trying to plan for the worst case scenario :/