2021-2022 Quinnipiac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II last night (2/23)! OOS complete mid-July. Multiple interview days available in March.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Haven’t heard a peep from this school since applying. 😞

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Haven’t heard a peep from this school since applying. 😞
Have you sent them an update letter with the things you've been doing since finishing your application? I hadn't heard anything from them until about this time last year but was then extended an interview following an update letter I sent in mid/late February. This, of course, is only useful if you've been actively improving your resume, but can be a great way to express continued interest at this point in the application cycle.

Have you sent them an update letter with the things you've been doing since finishing your application? I hadn't heard anything from them until about this time last year but was then extended an interview following an update letter I sent in mid/late February. This, of course, is only useful if you've been actively improving your resume, but can be a great way to express continued interest at this point in the application cycle.
Yeah I sent an update like two month ago. Don’t really have anything else to send. I’m taking a few classes rn but won’t have grades until May.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I sent an update like two month ago. Don’t really have anything else to send. I’m taking a few classes rn but won’t have grades until May.
That’s fair - I just wanted to make sure you’d exhausted your options at least. It took me two cycles, I know how agonizing it can be. Hang in there.

Do you guys think some acceptance calls will be made today? Has anyone who interview 1/28 heard back yet?

Do you guys think some acceptance calls will be made today? Has anyone who interview 1/28 heard back yet?
A an hour ago, Alxamdulilah!!! Good luck to you all! Interviewed 1/28.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a Facebook group for accepted students?

idk if this has any meaningful value but it looks like on last year's thread IIs were being sent out end of March with the last II post on 4/1 🤷‍♂️. Anyone brave enough to contact admissions? 😅

idk if this has any meaningful value but it looks like on last year's thread IIs were being sent out end of March with the last II post on 4/1 . Anyone brave enough to contact admissions?

When I emailed them, they said they would be sending out interviews through mid March

Reactions: 3 users
Haven't heard anything from this school since applying. Was complete in July.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Is there a Facebook group for accepted students?
There is a facebook group, the link should be in the accepted student information that you received/will receive shortly after being accepted.

There is a facebook group, the link should be in the accepted student information that you received/will receive shortly after being accepted.
Do you have to accept the acceptance first? I haven’t gotten an additional email, only my acceptance email.

Do you have to accept the acceptance first? I haven’t gotten an additional email, only my acceptance email.
I’m not too sure about that, I’m an M2 and materials were mailed to me back when I was accepted so I’m not sure what the procedure/timeline is now. I’d recommend emailing admissions and asking for the link to the Facebook group if you haven’t received it yet.

Just got an II!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Has anyone sent a letter of intent to this school post-interview? It's only been ~3 weeks since my interview, debating whether to send one or wait until I hear back (if waitlisted, it might have more impact?).

• Hmm
just received an II, super unexpected! will most likely be turning it down tho

Last edited:
  • Love
Anyone gotten any financial aid information yet or a second email with more information?

Does anyone know of any places/areas Netter students typically live in?
I’d say the majority of students live in either East Rock, Hamden, or North Haven. At least that’s my observation anyway. I lived in Hamden this year and am moving to North Haven for next year. Both of those two towns are pretty quiet suburbs, with North Haven being a little closer to campus. East Rock is a neighborhood of New Haven that is generally a little more bustling, so if you’re into the social scene of being close to the city that’s probably the best bet.

Officially turned down my interview here. hope it goes to one of you!!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Do they do pre-II Rs here? I got nothing yet and I don't know if I can be hopeful

Reactions: 6 users
Withdrawing from an interview here fingers crossed it goes to one of you lovely folks!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Any current students who can speak to their MeSH and clerkship experience at Netter? Any information is much appreciated!

Do they do pre-II Rs here? I got nothing yet and I don't know if I can be hopeful

This is a good question. Has anyone gotten a pre-II R yet?

Like I sent you $100 nearly 8 months ago. Just reject me you cowards so I can gray you out on my Excel sheet. You're one of only 3 schools that have been complete radio-silence for me and it's unprofessional stop wasting my time and very limited brain space omg I'm so over this process can you guys tell lol

• Care
Just an update on the II situation-- multiple days available in April as well. Got an II 3/17 a few days after emailing to see if my app was still on file (silence since July before this). ORM, 518, 3.7. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 9 users
Just an update on the II situation-- multiple days available in April as well. Got an II 3/17 a few days after emailing to see if my app was still on file (silence since July before this). ORM, 518, 3.7. Good luck everyone!
In your email, did you basically just ask if you're still being considered for an interview?

Can anyone give any feedback on the interview experience here?

Can anyone give any feedback on the interview experience here?
Mine was a while back but this is what I remember: It was a group interview day. It started with a welcome from the dean, introduce yourself, student panel, school info, etc. Then, you had two faculty interviews. After your interviews, you go back and learn more about the school (e.g. financial aid, curriculum, etc.) and have a talk with Dr. Yeckel. The panel with Dr. Yeckel isn't an interview - it's just for everyone to get to know each other a little better.

The interviews were very conversational and laid-back. They definitely make you feel welcome. I feel like the interviews were more so you could learn about the school. They asked a few traditional interview questions (Tell me about yourself, why medicine, why us, etc.) but nothing even remotely close to difficult.

Edit: Everything except the faculty interviews was done as a group. Faculty interviews are one-on-one but your peers are present for everything else.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Mine was a while back but this is what I remember: It was an interview day. Started with a welcome from the dean, introduce yourself, student panel, school info, etc. Then, you had two faculty interviews. Then, you go back and learn more about the school (e.g. financial aid, curriculum, etc.) and have a talk with Dr. Yeckel.

The interviews were very conversational and laid-back. They definitely make you feel welcome. I feel like the interviews were more so you could learn about the school. They asked a few traditional interview questions (Tell me about yourself, why medicine, why us, etc.) but nothing even remotely close to difficult.
Thank you!! Do you know how long it takes to hear back from them after the interview?