2021-2022 Oakland (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any II or R’s ? Very quiet here.

• Hmm
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Any September complete dates get any II or pre-II R? If yes, stats and IS or OOS?

II received today but I am withdrawing my application. I hope it goes to someone waiting! Complete 7/23, OOS, URM, 3.77, 511

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
does oakland reject you pre-II, or wait until spring to reject everyone? OOS complete mid-july, and the silence is deafening.
Oakland adcoms have said that they will update you once they have made a decision. If they aren't interested, you'll get the pre-II R. They have also said no news is good news as that means your app is still under consideration.

Reactions: 1 users
Oakland adcoms have said that they will update you once they have made a decision. If they aren't interested, you'll get the pre-II R. They have also said no news is good news as that means your app is still under consideration.
That's good news! I wish more schools were upfront about this. Thank you for the info!

I'm not sure but it wouldn't hurt to reach out to see if they do. Just send a nice-sounding email and be respectful of their time if they say no.

Does anyone know if they give feedback after R?
Last year after I was rejected to every school I reached out to a couple of Michigan med schools to ask for feedback. OUWB was the only school that really tried to help me out and they offered me a 30 min advising appt with an adcom member. Not only was this meeting the most helpful thing to happen to me, but this cycle OUWB was my first II and acceptance as well :)

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
Can any current student touch on whether the exam questions are NBME or professor-made?
It is 100% professor written now. That being said with P/F Step 1 more schools will likely go that direction because the NBME service is expensive investment for a low stake exam

Anyone who interviewed on October 29 heard anything?

Last edited:
Waitlisted on 11/29. Interviewed 10/15. Anyone else hear back from this interview day? Have not seen As or waitlist comments.

Waitlisted on 11/29. Interviewed 10/15. Anyone else hear back from this interview day? Have not seen As or waitlist comments.
Interviewed 10/29. Haven’t heard anything yet. Anyone know if they group interview dates for releasing decisions?