2021-2022 Oakland (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Cancelled my II today. Good luck everyone and Merry Christmas! 🤍

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone who interviewed 12/3 hear back yet? I believe they said we would hear something by January first

Members don't see this ad :)
you’re tellin me 0% attendance with 95% in the course = honors? That’s great!

Would you say its easy to score well without going to class? Is everything recorded online?

Everything is recorded. I would say it's relatively easy to pass. Getting honors is a different story. Pretty difficult during the first semester with AFCP and BFCP but when you switch over to organ systems it gets much easier. Some blocks a fair chunk of the class getting honors.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who interviewed 12/3 hear back yet? I believe they said we would hear something by January first
I haven't yet, either, but I don't remember even hearing of any estimated response time.

When is the committee gonna meet again to review applicants?
I believe someone said they meet the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays of the month. For those waitlisted, do they send an email/update the portal? Are only acceptances via phone call?

II just now. LM 74, OOS. earliest dates are early February

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
II just now, LM 69, OOS! Complete 08/04...really did not expect this II, but very happy!!! :)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I believe someone said they meet the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays of the month. For those waitlisted, do they send an email/update the portal? Are only acceptances via phone call?
I got an email when I was placed on the waitlist. And yes I believe they only call for acceptances.

Only for certain lectures. Attendance is no longer required for honors during preclinical years.

In terms of OUWB, no news is considered good news and that you're still in the running.
Question - What are the kind of lectures that would require attendance - ex. anatomy/physiology? How many days a week would required lectures be?

Pre-II R received yesterday afternoon. Complete 8/23 and update letter sent about a month ago. GL everyone else!

• Care
Complete early August, IS, no word yet!

Reactions: 1 users
Question - What are the kind of lectures that would require attendance - ex. anatomy/physiology? How many days a week would required lectures be?
I have this question as well.

Also wondering how significant of a factor professor-based exams should be in choosing OUWB over another school without those exam types?

It would be the TBL sessions and dissections for anatomy. The school is really good about grouping things that require attendance on the same day. I would say not more than 2 days a week usually. That being said, most people end up hanging around or studying on campus to build a sense of community.

Pre-II R just now, complete late August, IS, LM 69, good luck to those left!!

• Care
Anyone know how many seats are left in the class?

What patient populations does OUWB serve? Like what is the patient population like, are the majority of patients underserved or from vulnerable populations?

MSAR says "OUWB provides a full-day interview program that includes two 30-minute individual interviews, medical school tour, hospital tour, a Team-Based Learning exercise, an overview of the school, and opportunities to speak with current medical students, faculty, and staff"

Do we do a TBL exercise during the interview day?

MSAR says "OUWB provides a full-day interview program that includes two 30-minute individual interviews, medical school tour, hospital tour, a Team-Based Learning exercise, an overview of the school, and opportunities to speak with current medical students, faculty, and staff"

Do we do a TBL exercise during the interview day?

You do not. I imagine that's a hold over from the pre-Zoom interviews.

II received today! OOS ORM LM 69 but I have pretty strong ties to Michigan. The earliest date to schedule is actually 2 days from now. Anybody who interviewed can you give me any tips?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Pre II R just received, LM 72, OOS, early August submission with update letter sent last week

• Care
Also just caught the Pre-II R. OOS, complete 8/13 with an update in October. They were about to get another tomorrow, but oh well.

Heard they have a med school intermural volleyball team! Can't wait to face them soon enough!!! ;)

• Care
I think they just lost my application 😩.
I was complete in July and no II or R

Just got the A!!! The Dean was so niceeee.

• Love
Post-II Rejection via email...

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Got waitlisted today, anybody know what the waitlist movement is like?

Withdrew my interview, hope one of y'all has some luck!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I WonDeR iF I’Ll geT aN INterViEw?

Just send the rejection already lolz.

Got waitlisted today, anybody know what the waitlist movement is like?
Same got waitlisted, im wondering how much of a chance we have to get off the waitlist. Waiting till April is soo long omg

Hi. For those that have already interviewed, does the "Start Virtual Interview" button next to your interviewers names in the portal not show up until the day of?