2021-2022 Mayo Clinic, Rochester (Alix)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get an email from a dean after already having sent a letter of intent?
No I got one after sending a letter of interest

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What was the text of this letter? I got something similar, though not as enthusiastically worded. Also from a dean.
Basically that they love my application and to send a letter of interest or letter of intent if I’m still interested in the school.

Interesting, that explains the difference. Mine was after an LoI and they said they were excited about my interest
Well i had already sent a letter of interest but not a letter of Intent when I got the email

Well i had already sent a letter of interest but not a letter of Intent when I got the email
+1, 2+2 program. Basically said they would be in touch and are excited to see interest, not as personalized as “loving my application” though

• Love
Ooh guess it is the highly ranked replacement this year? Anyways, nothing received on my end so I’m ready for my Valentine’s Day R 👍🏽

Reactions: 5 users
Ooh guess it is the highly ranked replacement this year? Anyways, nothing received on my end so I’m ready for my Valentine’s Day R 👍🏽
same. woof

Reactions: 1 user
Again, just a friendly reminder to not take these communications too seriously :)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
In FluffyCat1212 we trust 🥲
Bahaha, I'm honored. No insider knowledge, apart from my own experience. I got a love letter from Mayo in early Feb last year, then was promptly waitlisted lol. I honestly don't know why they do these communications or what they mean, but the previous years' forums show that they aren't 100% predictive! Take a deep breath! This process is awful, but you will be fine! :)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They should at least wait until the 15th my GAWD 😮‍💨

I don't want to get my hopes up, but it seems like these emails only went to people who had not yet sent letters of intent?

Reactions: 5 users
I don't want to get my hopes up, but it seems like these emails only went to people who had not yet sent letters of intent?
I already sent in my letter of intent. Just playing with my heart at this point.

Bahaha, I'm honored. No insider knowledge, apart from my own experience. I got a love letter from Mayo in early Feb last year, then was promptly waitlisted lol. I honestly don't know why they do these communications or what they mean, but the previous years' forums show that they aren't 100% predictive! Take a deep breath! This process is awful, but you will be fine
lol not my anxious self taking this to mean that if you haven't heard anything you're doubly screwed

lol not my anxious self taking this to mean that if you haven't heard anything you're doubly screwed
I’m equally as anxious as you are (and many others here), but I’m trying to stay hopeful. In previous Mayo threads there have been people who claimed to have been accepted without any “love letters” from Mayo.

Whatever the verdict is on Feb 14 is now out of our hands. We all put our best foot forward in applying/interviewing and that’s what matters most imo. Best of luck to you all, I’m taking a break from SDN until then 😂.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I’m equally as anxious as you are (and many others here), but I’m trying to stay hopeful. In previous Mayo threads there have been people who claimed to have been accepted without any “love letters” from Mayo.

Whatever the verdict is on Feb 14 is now out of our hands. We all put our best foot forward in applying/interviewing and that’s what matters most imo. Best of luck to you all, I’m taking a break from SDN until then 😂.
THIS ^^^^

lol. This is probably the best pre-med advice I've gotten since Anki. See you all on Valentine's Day <3

Are the letters people are talking about are different than the application update email sent about a month ago? It was generic and I sort of assumed everyone received it.. now I'm second guessing lol

Are the letters people are talking about are different than the application update email sent about a month ago? It was generic and I sort of assumed everyone received it.. now I'm second guessing lol
Yeah it’s different. Everyone got the application update email I believe

Historically acceptance calls have been spread out across many days, so we also should not expect that all of the initial acceptance offers will be made on February 14.

The less great part is that we won’t know about whether we’re rejected or an alternate until March 5th I think?

Well ya'll, it's been a great journey, but my mental health is more important than SDN. Signing off until after March 5th.....at least that's what I tell myself.

The less great part is that we won’t know about whether we’re rejected or an alternate until March 5th I think?
The email sent on January 11 says, "Alternate list offers and initial rejections will be sent by March 4 via email." Notifications could come before or on March 4.

What times will calls go out today most likely?
So sad, I didn’t receive any type of highly ranked email! But I’m still keeping my hopes up today.

What times will calls go out today most likely?
So sad, I didn’t receive any type of highly ranked email! But I’m still keeping my hopes up today.
I’m not sure. Think they started around 8 in the last few years. And remember they liked your application enough to give you an interview, so you are still in the runnning!

A this morning. My interviewer called me. MN campus.

EDIT: Didn't have any personalized post-II communication from Mayo, no high rank email or whatsoever.

EDIT2: Did send a short letter of interest in December.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
A this morning! Call from Rochester, MN from my faculty interviewer

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
A! Received call around 11am from interviewer (Rochester, MN). Sent interest letter in January. MCAT 52X, GPA 3.9X.
Did not receive highly ranked email.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Has anybody in the 2+2 track received a call yet?

A! Received call around 11am from interviewer. Sent interest letter in January. MCAT 52X, GPA 3.9X.
Did not receive highly ranked email.
Congratulations! What campus of you don’t mind sharing.

1644860792548.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
How late do calls go out until? Also is it just today?

How late do calls go out until? Also is it just today?
Calls go out all week

EDIT: or at least it's implied that calls don't go out today alone—"Acceptance phone calls will be made starting February 14" per their email (emphasis mine)

Good news, bad news

Good news: got a call from the Mayo med school campus
Bad news: Was at work and had my phone off...fml!! But also best day ever lol

UPDATE: Interviewer called me back and I got in!!!!!! Long hard road but we made it lol

Last edited:
  • Love