2021-2022 Iowa (Carver)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Check your spam folder! Out of 30+ secondaries, Carver was the only one that got sent to spam on gmail for me.
I'll check again! What email address did they send it out of?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary 7/24, but my LOR are still pending verification... anyone else wait 10+ days for them to verify their letters I want to make sure this is normal or should I be concerned

I submitted my secondary 7/24, but my LOR are still pending verification... anyone else wait 10+ days for them to verify their letters I want to make sure this is normal or should I be concerned
Took 13 days for my LORs to be verified, so hang tight!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, everyone, my letter imported in 07/27, and the it is still pending, I am a little worry about it, should I contact the admission office?

Hi, everyone, my letter imported in 07/27, and the it is still pending, I am a little worry about it, should I contact the admission office?
Mines were imported 7/20 but it is still pending, so you are not alone. Did anyone's letters get imported before 7/20 and are still pending review?

Mines were imported 7/20 but it is still pending, so you are not alone. Did anyone's letters get imported before 7/20 and are still pending review?
Mine were imported also on 7/20 and still pending

edit: mine just got verified 8/9

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone still waiting for secondary? Primary verified 7/23 and haven't received it yet

Is anyone still waiting for secondary? Primary verified 7/23 and haven't received it yet
Are you OOS? But It shouldn't take so long even for OOS, I am IS, my primary verified 7/22, got my secondary like 07/26. I knew they don't accept international students if you are not a citizen, permanent resident, or asylum status. They also have 123 subsections cut off, I don't remember the overall cutoff, maybe like 500? If you fulfill all requirements, you should receive a secondary, if not, call the admission office.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was verified 7/8 and finally got the secondary invite on 8/3. Not sure why others got it before me, but just be patient. If they don't get it to you within a month then I would shoot the ADCOMS an email.

+1 for not receiving secondary. I did add this school pretty late but I didn’t expect it to take this long to receive the secondary.

Updated, verified 07/22, got secondary and submitted it on the same day 07/26, letter imported on 07/27, letter verifed on 08/10, Application marked completed on 08/10, seemed like I got my secondary faster than others, didn't understand the application system. I am IS. Good luck for everyone!

if we're entering ongoing activities what should we list the end date as? i want to show them this is an ongoing activity (i think) so i wouldnt really want to put today's date but i don't want them to think im forecasting hours if i put a date next year?

if we're entering ongoing activities what should we list the end date as? i want to show them this is an ongoing activity (i think) so i wouldnt really want to put today's date but i don't want them to think im forecasting hours if i put a date next year?
I forecasting hours in my AMCAS activities list, but only put completed hours in their secondary. Because it clearly states that it only wants "Completed hours". Plus they gave your updated spaces to write about any new activities if you want.

I forecasting hours in my AMCAS activities list, but only put completed hours in their secondary. Because it clearly states that it only wants "Completed hours". Plus they gave your updated spaces to write about any new activities if you want.
but what did you write for the end date for ongoing activites?

Just got the secondary this afternoon! Verified 7/15, OOS

For the activities question, I put the end date as the actual end date; however, I did not forecast hours. Did I do it wrong? woops.

Finally received OOS secondary, I added Iowa to my school list on 7/24. Was verified 6/27

Anyone know when carver starts sending out interview invitations?
Their website says that interviews start "in September", so based on the trend from other schools that I've experienced, I would have to guess in the next week or two.

I'm a reapplicant and the II's I received were consistently between two weeks and a month ahead of when the interview was going to be, though this only applies if you interview early in the cycle (from what I heard from others, if you interview in the winter/spring, your interview date may be a couple months out from your invite).

Hey! Any OOS still waiting for a secondary? I meet all their requirements and got verified July 27. I'm a re-applicant and got a secondary with a 503 MCAT last time. I have a higher MCAT score now (received yesterday) but no secondary. Should I reach out to them?

II just now, OOS!! Complete 7/12, 519/3.7! I'm so happy!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
II just now, OOS!! Complete 7/12, 519/3.7! I'm so happy!!
Congrats!! Now just show them how amazing of a personality you have!

Now this is my sign to unwatch this thread until I get my II (IS) hahhaaha going to be completely neurotic.

• Care
Congrats!! Now just show them how amazing of a personality you have!

Now this is my sign to unwatch this thread until I get my II (IS) hahhaaha going to be completely neurotic.
Don't worry, I am sure yours is on the way!

• Love
Did it say "Complete" right after you all paid the application fee? It's been 24 hours and mine still says "Not Recieved" but everything else is complete.

First II of the season! OOS, LM 75.2, submitted 7/10. Can't wait!

Reactions: 4 users
II earlier today! OOS LM 73, complete 7/14, currently v i b r a t i n g. Best of luck to everyone!

Can someone explain how you know if your application is complete? I submitted the payment but it's saying that it takes a couple of days to register the payment. If my primary and supplemental apps are done, and I've paid their $60 app fee, am I essentially complete? My letters of recommendation still say "pending" for whatever reason, even though I submitted them to AMCAS. I'd appreciate any insight on this.

Can someone explain how you know if your application is complete? I submitted the payment but it's saying that it takes a couple of days to register the payment. If my primary and supplemental apps are done, and I've paid their $60 app fee, am I essentially complete? My letters of recommendation still say "pending" for whatever reason, even though I submitted them to AMCAS. I'd appreciate any insight on this.
Yes, my application has a big green box at the front page that says complete. The fee and letters must be manually approved and then your portal will be updated

Another check for people still waiting on a secondary. Do you think it’s worth reaching out? Or should I just wait a bit longer. I don’t see any point in applying if I receive it much later.

II from Carver this morning:) after being final pooled and getting the R last cycle, I'm excited and hoping for the best!!