2021-2022 Iowa (Carver)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
AHHH CONGRATS TO EVERYONE!!!!!! YOU'RE ALL GOING TO BE AMAZING DOCTORS

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
YAY OOS peeps! Excited to see you this fall 💛 it’s been a long wait together

Reactions: 1 users
The OOS peeps offer both cultural and fiscal benefits.
The opportunity to interact with peers from different states and backgrounds is a valuable experience. The class will benefit from the diversity these nonresidents bring to campus to enrich the educational experience for all.
The reality is that nonresident students pay higher fees, supply needed revenue to help additional resident students, maintenance, equipment, and state retirement fund. We appreciate the benefits of more financially stable and culturally diverse campus.
The potential benefits for diversity and fiscal stability will impact on resident students in future. The presence and value of out-of-state students are more important than ever for the top universities.
Thank you all for your understanding, patience, help and support!

Members don't see this ad :)
The OOS peeps offer both cultural and fiscal benefits.
The opportunity to interact with peers from different states and backgrounds is a valuable experience. The class will benefit from the diversity these nonresidents bring to campus to enrich the educational experience for all.
The reality is that nonresident students pay higher fees, supply needed revenue to help additional resident students, maintenance, equipment, and state retirement fund. We appreciate the benefits of more financially stable and culturally diverse campus.
The potential benefits for diversity and fiscal stability will impact on resident students in future. The presence and value of out-of-state students are more important than ever for the top universities.
Thank you all for your understanding, patience, help and support!
Hmm... The arguments are very true. I thought of it as a benefit trade-off among multiple shareholders, and so also feel it is understandable. Maybe the time will come, while it is just a little bit late. I feel that people are trying to plan things well in a strategic way. I still feel positive things on all of us who are on the OOS list! :) Fingers crossed.

Reactions: 3 users
Me looking at my place on the atl list every morning

• Care
1652152058546.jpeg

“Dr. Smith, I can feel my turn far down to earth in your waiting room.”

“Time is healing.” Dr. Smith responded.

Has the OOS list moved for anyone? Does it usually take this long for movement? I know they said they the last ranked OOS person last year was rank 53 but given how slow it’s moving is that even possible this year 😬

Not since the movement last week. I know that applicants get two weeks to accept the spots

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
FYI for anyone lurking. IS waitlist moved another spot today. So 28 spots total as of now.

Anyone get accepted off of the OOS list since last week?

God please help OOS peeps feel positive like Whitebrush, confident like Ajk97(starting in 20s), welcoming like Tiredpotato, humorous like ICedSilver, optimistic like Questvine94, caring like Longhauler, helpful like Hoping_for_peds, graceful like Mdhopefultobe - the only OOS representative has been accepted according to threads. Thanks to all the others withdrew waitlist or acceptance - it is courteous and considerate of you to do so if you are not intended to attend, because other peeps need a time for housing and financing - OOS higher fees.

OOS peeps stay hopeful and keep faith, because you work with excellent, informative, understanding, fair, considerate, helpful, and supportive administration team, committee and staff coupled with the transparent system. Without their excellent, professional and hard work, a lot of peeps probably wouldn’t even be on waitlist due to the volume every year. Be thankful even during a rough time.

For future OOS applicants reference, Carver will attract even more high qualified applicants from different universities and states with diverse backgrounds in future.

God bless you all, God bless Carver, God bless America!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
God please help OOS peeps feel positive like Whitebrush, confident like Ajk97(starting in 20s), welcoming like Tiredpotopos, humorous like ICedSilver, optimistic like Questvine94, caring like Longhauler, helpful like Hoping_for_peds, graceful like Mdhopefultobe - the only OOS representative has been accepted according to threads. Thanks to all the others withdrew waitlist or acceptance - it is courteous and considerate of you to do so if you are not intended to attend, because other peeps need a time for housing and financing - OOS higher fees.

OOS peeps stay hopeful and keep faith, because you work with excellent, informative, understanding, fair, considerate, helpful, and supportive administration team, committee and staff coupled with the transparent system. Without their excellent, professional and hard work, a lot of peeps probably wouldn’t even on waitlist due to the volume every year. Be thankful even during a rough time.

For future OOS applicants reference, Carver will attract even more high qualified applicants from different universities and states with diverse backgrounds in future.

God bless you all, God bless Carver, God bless America!
GIF by Broad City

Reactions: 5 users
Withdrew my acceptance and scholarship offer off the OoS waitlist. Wish all of you the best of luck in your future medical careers.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
We pray for God’s hands of grace and mercy moving the OOS engine forward…

Not sure how optimistic I can be at this point but for future applicants – by May 25, I moved from the 70's of the OOS list to the late 20s.

Not sure how optimistic I can be at this point but for future applicants – by May 25, I moved from the 70's of the OOS list to the late 20s.
Started at 20 now I'm at 2, holding out hope now

Reactions: 3 users
Grateful and thankful for A to Carver - one of top medical schools with great admission team, excellent communication and helpful staff.

Keep praying for all on both IS and OOS waitlists. A good luck to everyone on waitlists.

Last edited:
darn. Hoping the best for both of you!

Iowa rules do not allow you to stay on the waitlist after CTE so I am sadly withdrawing my application. It was so much fun joking around with you all. Hope you all have a blessed life!

• Care
So do we know how many people have been accepted off the OOS waitlist so far?

For OOS, let’s guess:
  1. Ajk97 started at 20, now at 2. That means: 18 before either have left the waitlist or have been offered an acceptance.
  2. Questvine started at 70s, now at 20s.
  3. Based on the above ratio: about 10-13 people have left waitlist before 18, around 5 have been offered an acceptance.
For IS: The Iowa rule requires 70% resident students.

Carver admission team and staff have done a great job.

Sad to see ICedsilver to leave.

A good luck to everyone who is on the waitlist.

Just got the call this morning!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
So if we’re in the high teens on the OOS….is all hope lost by now?

posting for future applicants' reference-- I started in the mid-80s on the OOS waitlist and am officially withdrawing today in the mid-20s so i can commit to enroll elsewhere. I am actually quite surprised by how much it moved. So to future applicants: don't lose hope!

Wow I just got the call today! Accepted! Is there an admitted students facebook page?