2022-2023 Iowa (Carver)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What email? I don't think I got anything.
Greetings from Iowa City!

We understand that being on the waitlist can be stressful, so we’d like to help. Beginning on Monday, May 8th, if you would like to make an appointment to discuss your application with a member of our Admissions team, please contact us. You may reach out to Deb Henricks at (319) 335 – 6703 to schedule.

Reactions: 1 user
Well they offer one-on-ones with admissions for people who get rejected, so the can discuss their app in detail. I'm guessing they just want to offer the same thing really to anyone who did not get accepted immediately, I'm sure that both people who got rejected and those who got waitlisted have wondered at length about why they did not get an acceptance and what kind of applicants got acceptances over them. I'm normally cautious when it comes to things like this, but Carver is the one school that I am 100% willing to take at its word.

Also these meetings opened up in March, for rejected applicants. I'm guessing the reason we get this offered to us now, a little bit later, is because they are at this point done meeting with the rejected applicants, who would have been given priority for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well they offer one-on-ones with admissions for people who get rejected, so the can discuss their app in detail. I'm guessing they just want to offer the same thing really to anyone who did not get accepted immediately, I'm sure that both people who got rejected and those who got waitlisted have wondered at length about why they did not get an acceptance and what kind of applicants got acceptances over them. I'm normally cautious when it comes to things like this, but Carver is the one school that I am 100% willing to take at its word.

Also these meetings opened up in March, for rejected applicants. I'm guessing the reason we get this offered to us now, a little bit later, is because they are at this point done meeting with the rejected applicants, who would have been given priority for it.

Can confirm the meetings are offered to anyone that was rejected or waitlisted. I was waitlisted my first cycle - unfortunately it was the year it only moved 12 spots. I met with Amy, fixed the things adcom mentioned about my app and got in the next cycle

Got the A from the WL yesterday! I will be withdrawing my acceptance, so another candidate can get it!

Is it fair to say that years where 20-30 + movement happened for IS and OOS, this is not one of those years based on trends thus far?

Is it fair to say that years where 20-30 + movement happened for IS and OOS, this is not one of those years based on trends thus far?
Maybe?? I feel like it’s hard to say with the issues CYMS had at the outset. It’s discouraging that things haven’t moved since Friday (for IS at least), that’s for sure.

Withdrawing my OOS WL. Current position 15. Godspeed to y'all

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone called to schedule a chat and just "happened to ask" about WL movement?

• Haha
Has anyone called to schedule a chat and just "happened to ask" about WL movement?
I had a meeting a little while back, and it was in reference to out of state. I started WL at around 30, and 3 out of the 5 years my number has been called. But the most recent two years it has not. I do not know about in state. But, the recommendation I got was to give it until the end of May and by then it is unlikely to get much more movement. Overall, helpful meeting though.

I had a meeting a little while back, and it was in reference to out of state. I started WL at around 30, and 3 out of the 5 years my number has been called. But the most recent two years it has not. I do not know about in state. But, the recommendation I got was to give it until the end of May and by then it is unlikely to get much more movement. Overall, helpful meeting though.
Interesting... Very interesting... And by interesting, I of course mean brutal. Because this wait is absolutely killer

Not a drill people, IS just moved another two spots!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I just wonder at what point movement halts dramatically? I thought it would be end of last week
Its hard to say. I am meeting with an admission member tomorrow and will hopefully get a better idea of what to expect.

It’s hard to say. I am meeting with an admission member tomorrow and will hopefully get a better idea of what to expect.
That’s great, I am curious if they have any insight at this point how likely it is for OOS around 15 (assuming you are around there) to get off the WL

OOS has been so unpredictable in the past. I've heard depending on the year, it's been anywhere from single digits to 70s.

Would anyone who's been accepted off the waitlist be willing to share how long y'all have to accept or decline the A? Just wondering when we might see more movement.

Does decent WL movement occur the last two weeks of May? Or is it time to lose hope here

Reactions: 1 users
OOS waitlist moved another 2 spots!

Just for future analysis: I started on the OOS waitlist at #41, was at #29 around May 1st, and am now sitting at #16!

Is it safe to assume the class is full at this point? and any open spots for WL movement are people W/D A's?

Is it safe to assume the class is full at this point? and any open spots for WL movement are people W/D A's?
Depends where on the list you are. Im waitlisted here and got off a few waitlists at other schools last week. But each school gives me like two weeks to decide. Sometimes people hold on to their A and then will reject it later because they dont know where they want to go yet. So I'd give it until end of May early June. Some people may be weighing their options still. Also some people will get off the waitlist this week and decline because they're already accepted to schools they prefer over this one. Personally, I am gonna give it until first week of June. If you're close to getting off I would not give up yet. Good luck!

To be incredibly neurotic, has anyone else's "withdrawal" button on the portal changed color from yellow to red???

Lol yeah I was wondering that too, part of me thought I might've accidentally clicked it

Lol yeah I was wondering that too, part of me thought I might've accidentally clicked it
I started panicking and thought maybe I clicked it or it means something deeper. Now, I'm thinking that someone (or a couple of someones) clicked it on accident, so they wanted to make it stand out lol

• Haha