2022-2023 Iowa (Carver)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know its early after the April 30 deadline, but in the years prior has there been more movement by now when significant WL offerings occurred?
Just quickly going back to last year, seems like things didn't really happen until noon and on. But also, last year's peeps seemed surprised that things weren't moving as many spots as they expected? More things moved overnight into the second/third days. So, maybe today is the day, maybe it isn't??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
In-state: Just committed to enrolling! Been waiting to do this since I got my acceptance Oct 17.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
might be wrong but it seems like their pte deadline for accepted students is 5/1, so they may be giving accepted students until the end of the day to pte and then get a final count for waitlist availability and start waitlist movement tomorrow. Movement today may or may not be people withdrawing from the waitlist

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like in the past people moved a couple of spots on the CTE day, but up to 20 or more spots within the week afterwards.

Looks like in the past people moved a couple of spots on the CTE day, but up to 20 or more spots within the week afterwards.
So, what you're saying is, we have to keep waiting... Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Hahaha

I feel like I'm usually reassuring other nervous people, but now that we are well into the afternoon and there has been zero movement I am starting to feel rather nervous.

• Care
I feel like I'm usually reassuring other nervous people, but now that we are well into the afternoon and there has been zero movement I am starting to feel rather nervous.
As one of the people who is usually nervous, welcome to the jungle, comrade. This seems very different from what previous threads have described...

M3 at CCOM and long time lurker on this thread around this time. Mainly out of boredom and also to procrastinate. Even though today is the day waitlist starts to move, you won’t see any major movement overnight. Typically the numbers slowly start moving over the next couple of days and the bulk of the movement happens over the next week and then some more slowly trickle in over the next month-ish

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone OOS taken a look at last years page? Looks like there was hardly any movement for OOS until mid June-July. Just trying to set some realistic expectations for myself here lol. Looks like IS moved a lot more spots and a lot quicker than OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't believe we've only moved 3 spots. There was one outlier year where it only moved 12 spots total, and even in that year, there was more movement in the first few days than we've seen. I feel like we're about to set a record low this year.

I can't believe we've only moved 3 spots. There was one outlier year where it only moved 12 spots total, and even in that year, there was more movement in the first few days than we've seen. I feel like we're about to set a record low this year.
That's what I'm afraid of. I know Carver can be slow at a lot of things, but this seems so out of the norm. Last year, someone in the mid-teens got in on either Tuesday or Wednesday (can't remember off the top of my head). I would think we would hear something by now...

Maybe we could call and see haha? nose goes
1683132560576.png

Not it!

• Haha
it looks like last year the first oos person was admitted on friday 5/6, while the deadline for PTE was monday 5/2. so it might not be super abnormal for OOS yet given that it is only wednesday

Could there have been movement but the number we see in the portal does not reflect it until manual changes occur? Does that WL number we have change in real time you think?

No idea. I would hope that over the next couple of weeks, people who are on waitlists for other institutions will be getting acceptances and hopefully withdrawing their acceptances/waitlist positions from UI too.

from waitlist support thread: "There appears to be a glitch in the CYMS tool for schools. This is likely to slow processing of alternate lists until it is fixed.:("

• Okay...
from waitlist support thread: "There appears to be a glitch in the CYMS tool for schools. This is likely to slow processing of alternate lists until it is fixed.:("
There's always something with the cash-sucking monster that is AAMC...

this page has some more info

Withdrew my OOS A and scholarship just now. I love Carver but I got a better deal elsewhere. I hope the A to one of you!

IS has moved 4 more spots today, just not sure how much to trust it, since there has been a glitch with the CYMS tool reported lol

IS has moved 4 more spots today, just not sure how much to trust it, since there has been a glitch with the CYMS tool reported lol
I haven't seen anything since yesterday, must have been people withdrawing from the WL? (Currently sitting at 12)

Update: everything has refreshed and I'm now sitting at #8

Last edited:
Just got the call today!! :soexcited::banana: I was #8 IS. Best of luck to everyone else!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
great news for IS! OOS has not moved for me <23 … someone W/D last night but it has not moved, could they be focused on IS now?

great news for IS! OOS has not moved for me <23 … someone W/D last night but it has not moved, could they be focused on IS now?
That's my guess, honestly. And their IS pool is just larger than the OOS. I think it's like a 2/3 to 1/3 split of IS/OOS

Does Carver have a IS requirement for the number of students? Was it 70% IS?

Does Carver have a IS requirement for the number of students? Was it 70% IS?
I know at one point the state board of regents was discussing creating an enforceable IS requirement, but I can't remember if that passed or not. I think the 2/3-1/3 split is a general guideline.

according to waitlist support thread, the glitch has been resolved... hopefully there is some movement tomorrow for us OOS folks

It's literally moved like 25 spots the past several years. It HAS to move more than 9 spots this year what is this :cryi::cryi::cryi::cryi:

It's literally moved like 25 spots the past several years. It HAS to move more than 9 spots this year what is this :cryi::cryi::cryi::cryi:
Maybe Monday we'll see some more movement? It's nice out today so maybe they just decided to torture us and they all went home

Did everyone just get that email???

Reactions: 3 users