2021-2022 Iowa (Carver)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So do we think this will still be today?

Members don't see this ad.

Application status updated to final pool. No email yet, but it's on the portal. OOS, 516, 3.93, interviewed late September

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Final pool for me too. Interviewed mid-November - LM 70. Good luck everyone we got this :')

Application status updated to final pool. No email yet, but it's on the portal. OOS, 516, 3.93, interviewed late September
+4.... OOS 3.6, 517, URM, Interviewed Early december. can't catch a break man.....

Just got the email for the Final Pool Party.

I'll bring the margaritas. And tears.

Reactions: 1 user
Going swimming in the final pool as well!! Definitely was expecting it though!

Just got the email for the Final Pool Party.

I'll bring the margaritas. And tears.
I hope they release decisions in February or something so we’re not all vomiting and canceling meetings on the week of March 15. Please, Carver, do something kind for the people during your decision making process! 🤣

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like this was the only option. Final pool or accepted earlier. I almost wish they'd send out some post II rejections along the way so I wouldn't have to wait so long only to be disappointed.

I hope they release decisions in February or something so we’re not all vomiting and canceling meetings on the week of March 15. Please, Carver, do something kind for the people during your decision making process! 🤣
We will likely get decisions on Wednesday, March 9. If I recall correctly, they always release their final pool decisions on a Wednesday (but definitely don't quote me on that).

Last edited:
Pool party time! Interviewed 9/10, IS. 516 MCAT, 3.7 graduate GPA (let’s not talk about undergrad lol).

Reactions: 2 users
Is final pool just a delayed rejection or is there still a chance of getting in? OOS 510 3.94

I'm shoook with all the high IS stats that got final pooled....Makes my chances seem pretty slim :oops:

I'm shoook with all the high IS stats that got final pooled....Makes my chances seem pretty slim :oops:
Literally same. Seeing the MCAT scores for everyone else in the final pool party is giving “I’m in danger” meme

Reactions: 3 users
Pool party hayyo! For real though what does this mean? 510, 3.7, interviewed 11/22. Idk if I should be disappointed or just meh…..?

C’mon carver just reject me and get it over with, don’t prolong the pain.

Pool party hayyo! For real though what does this mean? 510, 3.7, interviewed 11/22. Idk if I should be disappointed or just meh…..?

C’mon carver just reject me and get it over with, don’t prolong the pain.
Don’t be disappointed. The final pool is exactly what they stated it to be: reviewing your application again! You could very well secure an A in March

Anyone know how heavily they weigh the interview? Felt like I nailed mine but I’m worried my low stats are going to hold me back as an OOS student.

Literally same. Seeing the MCAT scores for everyone else in the final pool party is giving “I’m in danger” meme
Made an account just to maybe relieve some anxiety. I had a 50th percentile MCAT, 3.54 undergrad GPA, +OOS, applied to Carver since it's a dream school not even thinking I would get a secondary, let alone an interview and still shocked to not be flat out rejected yet (I made final pool). Anything can happen and I don't think they weigh MCAT and GPA has heavily as we think they all do. So no one give up hope yet!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Thanks! I still call the admission office to confirm, is true that some speeding ticket will show up in background, in Iowa it will be called simple misdemeanor, the admission office told me that they are aware of that, and if it is a speeding ticket, they don’t care, and will just ignore it. So anyone else who worry about this matter should get a rest now :)
I have a speeding ticket in Iowa, and it doesn't even show up in my background report....The admission will look at your whole application, and no one will reject you just because of a speeding ticket, let alone I doubt it would even show up in your background report......

Has anyone OOS that interviewed in January been accepted outright? I interviewed mid-Jan. but it's not clear to me if we were all defaulted to the final pool or not. (versus a select few being given outright A's and the rest deferred).
I interviewed early Jan and was told everyone from that day would be in the final pool so I doubt anyone got accepted outright :/

Do they reject or does everybody OOS get to final pool? don’t know if this is a positive or negative

It's positive... I interviewed in october and was rejected yesterday. If they weren't still considering you, you'd be out. best of luck

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 13 users
It's positive... I interviewed in october and was rejected yesterday. If they weren't still considering you, you'd be out. best of luck
Thank you for letting us know. I'm sure everyone appreciates that. Best of luck to you.

Reactions: 8 users
Thanks so much for letting us know that. I'm sorry you got rejected :( hope other good things come for you

Any other reapplicants swimming in the final pool again? 😬

What percent of OOS get in from final pool? Is there anything I can do in the meantime to improve my chances?

Made an account just to maybe relieve some anxiety. I had a 50th percentile MCAT, 3.54 undergrad GPA, +OOS, applied to Carver since it's a dream school not even thinking I would get a secondary, let alone an interview and still shocked to not be flat out rejected yet (I made final pool). Anything can happen and I don't think they weigh MCAT and GPA has heavily as we think they all do. So no one give up hope yet!
I LOVE THIS!! Congratulations!! That's amazing! Not to mention you are OOS. You must have something very special about you!

So how many from the final pool end up getting accepted

So how many from the final pool end up getting accepted
From what I understand a significant portion of each year’s class comes from the final pool. I’ve heard as much as 70% of the class comes from the final pool, in fact, although this is just from word of mouth.

Reactions: 3 users
From what I understand a significant portion of each year’s class comes from the final pool. I’ve heard as much as 70% of the class comes from the final pool, in fact, although this is just from word of mouth.
70!?!?!?!? talk about procrastination lol

Does anyone know when they start sending out the financial package? My parents (very low income) wont be able to contribute any, and I really worried about cost

Does anyone know when they start sending out the financial package? My parents (very low income) wont be able to contribute any, and I really worried about cost
Hello! My UI has a financial aid offer already. Not sure if it’s the final offer but it’s under the financial aid tab.

I received my financial offer in the UI too! Any M2, M3, M4 know are the grands and scholarships renewable every year?

I received my financial offer in the UI too! Any M2, M3, M4 know are the grands and scholarships renewable every year?
M4 here. I’ve had the same grants all 4 years. They only change if your financial situation changes. The only scholarships I received were ones I had to apply for each year. There are a lot of scholarship opportunities you can apply for once you are a student. Usually they require an essay on a topic. Congrats on getting accepted. Carver’s great!

M4 here. I’ve had the same grants all 4 years. They only change if your financial situation changes. The only scholarships I received were ones I had to apply for each year. There are a lot of scholarship opportunities you can apply for once you are a student. Usually they require an essay on a topic. Congrats on getting accepted. Carver’s great!
Thanks For clarification!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone,
I'm starting to overthink my chances of getting in lol but does anyone know if Carver views reapplicants favorably? I talked to them during my last app cycle, got feedback on my app and basically addressed what they asked me to. But I was looking at last year's thread and I feel demotivated lol

Last edited:
Hey everyone,
I'm starting to overthink my chances of getting in lol but does anyone know if Carver views reapplicants favorably? I talked them during my last app cycle, got feedback on my app and basically addressed what they asked me to. But I was looking at last year's thread and I feel demotivated lol
Hi! Don't give up on hope!!! I am a reapplicant and non-traditional student. I have talked to them about my application because I worried about my age and being a reapplicant. They told me that age is essentially a non-factor and they do look at reapplicants favorably if it shows improvement. As long as you are making progress, you should be totally fine! I didn't even have an interview last time but got accepted very early this cycle. One day, people will thank you that you didn't give up now!

• Care