2021-2022 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Verified 7/13 but still no secondary

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Was anyone able to go to the Competitive Application Workshop tonight? I wasn't able to make it, so it would be great if you could share any important info from the session :)

Was anyone able to go to the Competitive Application Workshop tonight? I wasn't able to make it, so it would be great if you could share any important info from the session :)
I went, they said they just barely started reviewing apps and talked mostly about LORs, sending updates, and academics. Anything specific you want to know?

Reactions: 1 users
I went, they said they just barely started reviewing apps and talked mostly about LORs, sending updates, and academics. Anything specific you want to know?
Got it, thank you! One thing I wanted to know is what does Drexel consider to be a highly competitive applicant? Like, do they focus more on research vs. community service, how much weight they put on MCAT, that sort of thing. Thank you for sharing.

What did they say about LORs?
just to make sure it's professors who really know you, and not just from a class you got a good grade in. you can send more letters through amcas throughout the cycle and they'll consider them as long as you havent already been decided on

Got it, thank you! One thing I wanted to know is what does Drexel consider to be a highly competitive applicant? Like, do they focus more on research vs. community service, how much weight they put on MCAT, that sort of thing. Thank you for sharing.
definitely community service, both clinical and non clinical volunteering. for how much weight on any certain part they just said they review apps holistically

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
just to make sure it's professors who really know you, and not just from a class you got a good grade in. you can send more letters through amcas throughout the cycle and they'll consider them as long as you havent already been decided on

Thanks for sharing :)

Members don't see this ad :)
definitely community service, both clinical and non clinical volunteering. for how much weight on any certain part they just said they review apps holistically
Thanks for sharing! Did they mention if they emphasize number of hours or quality of service more?

Thanks for sharing! Did they mention if they emphasize number of hours or quality of service more?
Honestly I dont remember them specifying but I feel like for most schools its probably quality over quantity

Application was complete on 7/15 and I received an email today that my application is "on hold"

Mhm I haven’t received a hold yet and I’ve been complete longer than you guys. Wonder if I’m just getting an R soon or what

Complete pretty early but still no word

It is still really early. Also, Drexel gets so many applications it will probably be a while.

fr im checking this 10 times a day
Oh me too, it's so bad. I check it when I wake up, when I'm at work, when I come home, before I go to bed... the med school application cycle is really something else.

It's gonna be a long cycle though so I know I need to pace myself. Working out helps me recalibrate whenever I'm going too stir crazy.

just an FYI, but I asked my friend who got an II from Drexel last cycle and he was never put on hold before receiving it. He got an interview in early September btw. so there may be hope for us who haven't heard anything yet?

Reactions: 3 users
just an FYI, but I asked my friend who got an II from Drexel last cycle and he was never put on hold before receiving it. He got an interview in early September btw. so there may be hope for us who haven't heard anything yet?
Did a lot of people get put on hold though?

Did he have pretty high stats?

From my understanding talking to students there and looking at previous threads, being placed on Hold is a soft Rejection

still silence for me

Second this question. I just got back that I scored 25-49 percentile (I only type at ~35 wpm, so I guess not a surprise) and I'm worried I won't have a chance here anymore
I scored in the same percentile so I feel you :/. But again its a holistic process and CASPER is just one component of it all!

It takes about a month for them to release scores. Pretty sure you get an email about it once they're released!
They released scores to my schools about 2 weeks before they released the quartile score to me.

They released scores to my schools about 2 weeks before they released the quartile score to me.
Correct! Yes, sorry didn't mean to confuse anyone. Its ~2 weeks for them to score it and send to schools, but about a month for the test taker to see their percentile.

Just as a heads up, this last year plenty of people got IIs in late March, interviews in April and still got in directly, the school just seems to take a while with their large number of applications.

Reactions: 4 users
I noticed on Altus Suite that it says my results were delivered but I can't find how I scored anywhere.
About 3-4 weeks after you take Casper, you will get an email saying your results are in. I took mine July 8 and got results on July 31. But before this, your scores will have already been delivered to schools

Is anyone else an MD-MPH applicant? If so, do you know if the 1-2 page essay they talk about in the app has to be submitted with the secondary materials?

Is anyone else an MD-MPH applicant? If so, do you know if the 1-2 page essay they talk about in the app has to be submitted with the secondary materials?
Yes, a box appears if you select MD/MPH.

You have to submit it at the same time. Tufts is the only school I've come across so far where you can submit your MPH essay separately from the rest of your secondary.