2022-2023 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will be withdrawing my A here. Hope it goes to some of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I got off the WL somewhere else so i will be giving up my A! Hopefully it goes to one of you ☺️

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing my A, hope it goes to one of you
🫡

Reactions: 4 users
Really hope mid march will hear back tomorrow, so mentally drained from checking my email every five minutes since last Monday...😭😭😭

Reactions: 1 users
Really hope mid march will hear back tomorrow, so mentally drained from checking my email every five minutes since last Monday...😭😭😭
+1. I was surprised that no decision was given to those who interviewed in mid-March last week. Hoping that they’ll release some decisions soon 🙏

Reactions: 1 user
Manifesting positive energy right now in hopes that we get decisions tomorrow :xf:

Reactions: 7 users
Checking my email and portal for any updates while also trying to go about my day:
IMG_1562.gif

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If it isn’t already obvious, DUCOM is super behind. There are people who received acceptances 1 month ago and have yet to receive their campus placement…

Reactions: 2 users
If it isn’t already obvious, DUCOM is super behind. There are people who received acceptances 1 month ago and have yet to receive their campus placement…
I hope the adcoms are okay seeing as how they are behind with decisions and campus placements. It is understandably difficult to go through many applications after having the assistant director of the medical school resign. But at the same time, there are a lot us that need to plan out on various aspects (e.g., housing and loans) but can’t move forward until they hear back or receive their campus placement. I want to stay optimistic and hope that they’ll send out more decisions soon, but there’s just a lot of uncertainty at this time.

Last edited:
I hope the adcoms are okay seeing as how they are behind with decisions and campus placements. It is understandably difficult to go through many applications and after having the assistant director of the medical school resign. But at the same time, there are a lot us that need to plan out on various aspects (e.g., housing and loans) but can’t move forward until they hear back or receive their campus placement. I want to stay optimistic and hope that they’ll send out more decisions soon, but there’s just a lot of uncertainty at this time.

Idk if this means anything but a huge wave of ppl joined GroupMe Tuesday afternoon. Maybe there was decision this week just not reported here. Also they say campus assignments given out after today will be final and no more appeals.

I hope the adcoms are okay seeing as how they are behind with decisions and campus placements. It is understandably difficult to go through many applications and after having the assistant director of the medical school resign. But at the same time, there are a lot us that need to plan out on various aspects (e.g., housing and loans) but can’t move forward until they hear back or receive their campus placement. I want to stay optimistic and hope that they’ll send out more decisions soon, but there’s just a lot of uncertainty at this time.

Also, many of us just received our campus assignments so I’m assuming they’re now probably able to fill the empty seats in either campus

Someone mentioned a few weeks ago the facebook group only had ~200 or so members. It sounds like with these recent acceptances it is now approaching 300/a full size medical class? Guess its approaching time to face reality and look towards next year

Someone mentioned a few weeks ago the facebook group only had ~200 or so members. It sounds like with these recent acceptances it is now approaching 300/a full size medical class? Guess its approaching time to face reality and look towards next year
I was thinking this too :/ hoping for the best but I’ve finally accepted i have to resubmit

I think more people would've reported A's on this thread and many haven't received a post II decision, so I don't think this is true. Also, class has been "full" since end of May. Stay hopeful!

I think more people would've reported A's on this thread and many haven't received a post II decision, so I don't think this is true. Also, class has been "full" since end of May. Stay hopeful!

Also don’t they accept around 40 applicants off the waitlist every year?

DUCOM in past years tends to wait until after traffic deadlines to give a lot of late spring interview post-II decisions because they have a LOT of movement (basically, a lot of people withdraw their acceptances). The people who remain waiting after traffic deadline are those who are either still strongly considering Drexel or don't have any other acceptances, making it easier to go through the list. Just my speculation, but Drexel's interview season historically runs a little later so it may be hedging on other schools having earlier waitlist movement to get withdrawals out of the way sooner so that they have a clearer picture of how many spots are left.

Like, 800ish acceptances they give out for 300ish seats - that's 500ish people who withdraw probably closer to April/May that they need to balance with giving out acceptances. Sucks that those who interview later are stuck in limbo with that balancing act, but hey that's rolling admissions.

Reactions: 3 users
Wanted to ask if anyone hasn't heard back from a February interview. I haven't heard back since my interview on 2/15 and wanted to see if I should reach out.

Wanted to ask if anyone hasn't heard back from a February interview. I haven't heard back since my interview on 2/15 and wanted to see if I should reach out.
Some people have reported hearing back during that time. So it seems unusual that you haven’t heard back yet. Definitely reach out and let them know what’s going on

Kinda skeptical they may just defer / WL all of us March people indefinitely, doesnt seem like they are in a hurry about us at all

Kinda skeptical they may just defer / WL all of us March people indefinitely, doesnt seem like they are in a hurry about us at all
I hope that isn’t the case but we’ll see.

On a side note, has anyone reached out to them recently? The silence is becoming deafening

Does any one know who is the Dean of Admission or Director of Admission for Philly campus? Can some one share his/her email address?

Just got a WL email, interviewed 03/13. Will be declining my spot, good luck to everyone else!

Nope, nothing so far. It sounds like they just created the WL though?
It’s crazy to think they’re going to be receiving primaries and secondaries soon for next cycle and a lot of us still don’t have an answer 😭 sending good vibes to adcoms, I’m sure it’s stressful!

Waitlisted just now. OOS, interviewed 3/20

• Care
It’s crazy to think they’re going to be receiving primaries and secondaries soon for next cycle and a lot of us still don’t have an answer 😭 sending good vibes to adcoms, I’m sure it’s stressful!
Hahaha right!! Seriously just submitted my primary to them again lmao

What time did you guys receive the email? Is it sent out all at the same time?

CTE deadline for another school is tomorrow and was deferred at the end of May. Everyone that heard today were initial decisions and no one who was deferred heard anything today? Really hoping to get a decision in the next 24 hours :/

It seems like everyone's decisions were WLs at this time. Hopefully there will be some movement in the near future 🙏

I wonder if there were any acceptances today? What would be the reasoning behind waitlisting everyone if there is still so many spots? I wonder if being on the deferred list is better or having a confirmed waitlist spot

I wonder if there were any acceptances today? What would be the reasoning behind waitlisting everyone if there is still so many spots? I wonder if being on the deferred list is better or having a confirmed waitlist spot

Someone has mentioned before, that all deferred ppl will have an actual decision (A,R,WL), before they start pulling from WL.