2022-2023 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What a meme lol. WL today, II 3/16 or whatever, will be going to another school i was accepted at, goodnight america & bye felicia

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Its time to hang it up here for me- deferred months ago but really wanted to be in Philly. I guess I'll try again in residency

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Was there anyone who had avoided the WL wave and has still not received a post-II decision?

Seems like they are even more behind than last year :(

Anyone know what the latest decision we have seen go out? I have seen people note decisions between 4-5 pm but wasn't sure how late I should be sitting here waiting before CTE with another school lmao

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed November, Deferred December, moved to waitlist today. Idk if this helps anyone

Same, also just receive the waitlist email at 2:37 PM. Interviewed in February and deferred afterwards. I wonder if the waitlist size will be ~300 like last year? Or they just throwing all their deferred decisions into the waitlist at the moment.

anyone deferred in late-April who received the waitlist email today?

Same, also just receive the waitlist email at 2:37 PM. Interviewed in February and deferred afterwards. I wonder if the waitlist size will be ~300 like last year? Or they just throwing all their deferred decisions into the waitlist at the moment.
There might be more people on the waitlist this year compared to last year mainly because of how behind they are with decisions. It looks like they waitlisted everyone who had interviewed from mid March and onwards. And now, they seem to be waitlisting those who are still deferred. We’ll see what they’ll do, but I’m hoping that they begin to give out A’s soon as it’s been a while since somebody has reported on getting one

Just some info for everyone currently awaiting decisions/waitlisted/deferred, currently the groupme is at 251 members, of which include probably a couple admin and current students

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I really don't understand why they are gradually waitlisting deferred people now. They could just waitlist everyone who is deferred now and take people off the waitlist from there, it doesn't make a difference.

interviewed in October, deferred in December. No email since December deferral. I think they forgot about me

Submitted my primary for verification june 10 and retook the mcat june 3rd LOL. Getting in last minute would be awesome but the biggest troll of my life.

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 3/20, placed on WL 6/13, got the A 6/20. I called the admissions office and explained to them that I needed to know what was going on because I have to make plans to move my family on 6/13 and then got the acceptance email later that day. I don’t think my phone call had anything to do with the acceptance email, but just thought I’d throw that out there.

Moved to waitlist just now. Deferred 4/26. Time to retake my MCAT I guess

• Care
Do you guys think it’s a bad idea to call and see if my retake could be considered for this cycle?

Release date is July 6th

Worse they can say is no right?

Interviewed 3/20, placed on WL 6/13, got the A 6/20. I called the admissions office and explained to them that I needed to know what was going on because I have to make plans to move my family on 6/13 and then got the acceptance email later that day. I don’t think my phone call had anything to do with the acceptance email, but just thought I’d throw that out there.
Congrats!!! I am glad that it all worked out. Besides the phone call, did you send any update letters or a LOI to them after your interview?

What was their response when you called?

Also moved to the "dynamic" waitlist- thank God I have another acceptance but really wanted to be in philly

What do you mean by “dynamic” waitlist?
In this context, I would assume that they meant that the waitlist would consist of a lot of change and movement. However, based off of last year’s WL movement, only 60 people got of the WL out of ~300 applicants. Things could be different this year as they are behind with decisions, but that remains to be seen

Just a heads up for anyone like me. They will consider your mcat retake if your on the waitlist.

I don’t know how late but mine was June 3rd with a release date of July 6th.

I just had CTE for another school today, so will no longer be on the waitlist. Best of luck to those still in the running