2021-2022 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I need a bit of advice for the first prompt: If you are a recent graduate, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation. If you have not yet graduated, please discuss your current activities and engagements. We understand that it may have been difficult to obtain clinical or volunteer service experiences during the pandemic; therefore, be sure to discuss any traditional and /or nontraditional clinical exposures and volunteering experiences that you have done during this time.

I am not a recent graduate (worked within engineering for four years). I talked about all of my work experience on my primary application of course. I also discussed my post-bac work and clinical experience/research/volunteer I completed once I decided I wanted to apply to medical school. Should I just pick something meaningful and expand upon it as to not be repetitive because they specifically said do not repeat primary application material? I will start a new research job soon that is not on my application; maybe I should discuss that?

Thank you! I appreciate all feedback

Members don't see this ad.

I need a bit of advice for the first prompt: If you are a recent graduate, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation. If you have not yet graduated, please discuss your current activities and engagements. We understand that it may have been difficult to obtain clinical or volunteer service experiences during the pandemic; therefore, be sure to discuss any traditional and /or nontraditional clinical exposures and volunteering experiences that you have done during this time.

I am not a recent graduate (worked within engineering for four years). I talked about all of my work experience on my primary application of course. I also discussed my post-bac work and clinical experience/research/volunteer I completed once I decided I wanted to apply to medical school. Should I just pick something meaningful and expand upon it as to not be repetitive because they specifically said do not repeat primary application material? I will start a new research job soon that is not on my application; maybe I should discuss that?

Thank you! I appreciate all feedback
I graduated in 2020, so I am answering it as if it is recent. I think its up to you, 4 years could still be recent in their eyes. Maybe call?

Anyone have the issue on the portal where it says CASPER hasn't been received yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have the issue on the portal where it says CASPER hasn't been received yet?
+1 definitely an issue on their end, I have been complete at most of my other schools for awhile now

anybody here is OOS and still hasn't received anything? should I email them?

Hi guys. Did Drexel recently change their LOR requirements? Their website now says letters from 4 individuals with whom the applicant has had a recent professional relationship are needed. Does this mean 3 letters specifically from faculty are no longer required?

What are y'all talking about for the second essay? I spoke about COVID-19 impact, but that only really filled up 200 words or so. Should I add my diversity essay in there? Or why us? Or just submit.
Honestly, whatever you want, or whatever you think is more important that they should know. I'm using mine as a why us essay since I have strong ties to the area and connections. But if you think covid hit you hard, go for it, I wouldn't mix topics.

As a grad from 2020, I feel like COVID-19 impacted my activities which influenced what I have been doing since I graduated. In this case, I am talking about COVID-19 in my first prompt, maybe even more than the second prompt. Do you think this will be acceptable?

Just submitted and had my Casper scores sent a while ago. Portal marks them as not recieved. Is it still like that for everyone here?

Just submitted and had my Casper scores sent a while ago. Portal marks them as not recieved. Is it still like that for everyone here?
big time (I applied ~11 days ago). I sent an email yesterday and still no response :(

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else get an email about a virtual open house series?

Reactions: 4 users
Is it appropriate to write "Why Drexel" for the "What else do you feel is important for us to know about you?" essay?

Maybe they wait to load in Casper scores for people as they submit? I'm unsure tbh
For those still waiting to be marked complete:
I emailed admissions and just got a reply saying they are experiencing technical issues and working to get things fixed right now.

I was marked complete overnight. Submitted 07/04.

Anyone know how they take the Casper exam into consideration when reviewing applications? Like is there a certain percentile cutoff you need to hit or anything like that?

Anyone know how they take the Casper exam into consideration when reviewing applications? Like is there a certain percentile cutoff you need to hit or anything like that?
Second this question. I just got back that I scored 25-49 percentile (I only type at ~35 wpm, so I guess not a surprise) and I'm worried I won't have a chance here anymore

Second this question. I just got back that I scored 25-49 percentile (I only type at ~35 wpm, so I guess not a surprise) and I'm worried I won't have a chance here anymore
Same. I scored 0-25 percentile. But all my mentors say I'm very empathetic.

On your drexel portal, does everyone have "your application is ready" or some other message?

I'm kind of confused about the first essay question. I graduated in 2020, so the stuff I did since then is pretty much on my AMCAS already. I was thinking about putting my plans for next year down, but the second question already says "You can use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application." TBH I'm probably just overthinking it, but I'm sure what else to put down for the first question aside from rehashing what's already on my primary.

If you are a recent graduate, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation. If you have not yet graduated, please discuss your current activities and engagements. We understand that it may have been difficult to obtain clinical or volunteer service experiences during the pandemic; therefore, be sure to discuss any traditional and /or nontraditional clinical exposures and volunteering experiences that you have done during this time.

What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? You can use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application. You can also talk about how COVID -19 impacted you. For example, it may have caused disruptions or changes in your plans. If there is something you would like to share regarding how this event impacted you, share that information here.
What are my fellow non-trads writing for the first prompt? I am definitely not a recent graduate. Should I just write about what I'm doing currently?

Is the second prompt optional? I wasn't super impacted by COVID so I'm not quite sure what to put here.

Reactions: 1 users
What are my fellow non-trads writing for the first prompt? I am definitely not a recent graduate. Should I just write about what I'm doing currently?

Is the second prompt optional? I wasn't super impacted by COVID so I'm not quite sure what to put here.
Personally I used it as a space for a diversity essay 🤷🏽‍♀️

i wrote what i'm doing this year in-between now and hopeful matriculation next year. i'm doing research full-time for an orthopaedic research foundation so i wrote about the projects / publication in-press / etc.

Just got put on an interview hold. Anyone know what that means?

On hold, to my understanding, basically means that they don't want to reject you, but they don't yet know if they want to interview you. So, your application has probably been reviewed by the committee—they'll return to it later. Someone please correct me if that's incorrect!

when were you complete? did you get an email? where did you see this?
Complete email received 7/9. Submitted secondary basically day after we got it forget when, can't find the email.

Complete email received 7/9. Submitted secondary basically day after we got it forget when, can't find the email.
did they email you about the hold or where did you find it?

And yes I got an email just now from Drexel saying I was on an interview hold. Literarily 20 minutes ago.

Has anyone heard of what the movement off the hold list is like at this school. Last year seemed to get some movements but the year before was really bad. I am not sure how to feel right now.

wow you must have been one of the first apps they reviewed! at the open house on monday they said they hadn't started reviewing apps yet

I added Drexel on 7/19. Anyone else added after they already sent out secondary invites? Wondering when approximately I should be expecting one.

Did other people already hear back?

i didn't hear anything today.
+1, remember peeps, it's a long cycle. Take a break from SDN, etc. People get interviews throughout this whole thing.

Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone had any luck getting in contact with the admissions office? I sent an email about 10 days ago now and have called a few times without a response. I don't really want to email again and sound annoying if they're just behind....

Has anyone had any luck getting in contact with the admissions office? I sent an email about 10 days ago now and have called a few times without a response. I don't really want to email again and sound annoying if they're just behind....
I emailed them Monday morning and they responded the same day! But I had also sent them an email 1 months ago to which they never responded (that's why I re-sent my email this week). I would resend the email and make sure you put "current cycle" and your AMCAS ID in the title of the email.

I submitted on 6/30. Was marked "Complete" on 7/2. Still no "Hold" or anything. Not sure if they're bouncing around or how they look at apps or if rolling admissions really matters here