2021-2022 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You have to submit it at the same time. Tufts is the only school I've come across so far where you can submit your MPH essay separately from the rest of your secondary.
UMiami as well!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got it, thank you! One thing I wanted to know is what does Drexel consider to be a highly competitive applicant? Like, do they focus more on research vs. community service, how much weight they put on MCAT, that sort of thing. Thank you for sharing.
I know service in underserved populations is important to Drexel.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an email that I was placed on a hold. Complete 7/28

Edit: Just = 10 AM PT

Reactions: 1 user
on the upload section of the secondary, it offers the option to upload a CV. Has anyone done this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys if you haven't heard anything yet I wouldn't stress. Most schools are not going to start reviewing in full gear until after labor day. Worrying about it now is most likely going to only stress you out unnecessarily.

Reactions: 8 users
I'm at an interview tips session right now for Drexel. The speaker (who is on the adcom) said they are screening rn and IIs will go out next week or the week after! Manifesting good vibes for you all.

P.S. Here is your reminder to drink water, unclench your jaw, and step away from SDN for a bit ❤️

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
I'm at an interview tips session right now for Drexel. The speaker (who is on the adcom) said they are screening rn and IIs will go out next week or the week after! Manifesting good vibes for you all.

P.S. Here is your reminder to drink water, unclench your jaw, and step away from SDN for a bit ❤️
What events does Drexel have?

If you check your communication status on your portal, it should be there
What should be there? The info about the events? Mine just has the checklist :/

Edit: Never mind I found it haha

Last edited:
What should be there? The info about the events? Mine just has the checklist :/
Left side > Status > Communication status > Virtual Open House Series: Drexel University College of Medicine
1628821071234.png

+1 Pre II hold. Does anyone know if Drexel has interviewed people on their hold list in the past?

+1 Pre II hold. Does anyone know if Drexel has interviewed people on their hold list in the past?
I saw at least one person on last year's thread say they got off the hold but didn't dig much deeper in that thread

I submitted my secondary, got an email it was complete, on 7/10. Has anyone else not heard back and also applied early?

Reactions: 5 users
I submitted my secondary, got an email it was complete, on 7/10. Has anyone else not heard back and also applied early?
Complete 07/01 and haven't heard back yet. There was a poster above that said an adcom member stated IIs will start coming out next week or the week after.

What are my fellow non-trads writing for the first prompt? I am definitely not a recent graduate. Should I just write about what I'm doing currently?

Is the second prompt optional? I wasn't super impacted by COVID so I'm not quite sure what to put here.
Might be a bit late to ask especially since my AMCAS app was held up for quite a bit but for the first prompt.

I am a nontraditional (graduated 2016) who worked as an MA for quite some time for years till now. This is written in my work/ experience so I'm wondering if the first prompt applies to me at all or if i should write "N/A"?

Is the second prompt also specific only to COVID? I do have some other things I wanted to talk about that is not really related to COVID.

They might just be going overtime since they're probably trying to get the IIs out starting this week
Yeah I'm trying not to stress because it's early but it's so hard not to keep checking emails.

I submitted 7/3 but only got the completed email on 7/17 due to waiting for Casper score. Still haven’t heard anything. I have very strong ties to the school though so I’m not sure if not hearing anything yet is a good or bad thing.

Had two friends placed on Hold at Drexel last year and the only correspondence they received after that was a Rejection in the spring. Looking on threads from previous years and it doesn't look like people get taken off Hold for the most part. This is probably because as more applications become available and they fill their class, they have less seats available to take people off Hold from or the waitlist

• Sad
Had two friends placed on Hold at Drexel last year and the only correspondence they received after that was a Rejection in the spring. Looking on threads from previous years and it doesn't look like people get taken off Hold for the most part. This is probably because as more applications become available and they fill their class, they have less seats available to take people off Hold from or the waitlist
Sooo it's better to have no communication than to be on hold?

Is it possible to apply for the MD MPH while attending school at Drexel, or is that something you need to have decided 100% as an applicant? I have this question about a LOT of schools actually and wondering how schools usually approach it

Is it possible to apply for the MD MPH while attending school at Drexel, or is that something you need to have decided 100% as an applicant? I have this question about a LOT of schools actually and wondering how schools usually approach it
Pretty sure you have the opportunity to apply until the end of M1, but not too sure

Approximately how long after verification did you all get the secondary? Added DUCOM to AMCAS recently, so I was wondering what the wait would be.

Approximately how long after verification did you all get the secondary? Added DUCOM to AMCAS recently, so I was wondering what the wait would be.
Within 1 hour of adding them to my school designations (did so during business hours)