2020-2021 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Damn kinda nervous because the FB group already has around 220 members and they usually accept 270, so i’m not sure how full their class is
The Facebook group also has current students in it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Finally got the pre-II R today for the MD-PhD! Complete 8/22, stats in signature - best of luck to the rest of y'all!

• Care
II today! Complete in September (forgot the exact date)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an II! Any advice for this interview? I would appreciate it for the rest of my life 🙃

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Do you all know if there's any push by students/faculty to move away from "Geisel" given that his a lot of his work was incredibly racist?

• Okay...
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone interviewed for the MD/PhD program this cycle and not heard back anything yet? I've seen some post-II rejections but haven't seen anything about WLs/As.

Has anyone heard about financial aid/know when they'll star to release packages?

Finally got the R- complete August 11.
I gotta say, I'm grateful for this school because it kept me hopeful for an II because I dodged so many R waves until now that I always believed I would eventually get an II. I kept hope until I got my one and only MD II and acceptance from another school!! So gluck everyone else!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Were the Geisel conversations relaxed? Like can I just show up with a couple of casual questions I have or do I need to prepare in any way? And are the students different from the ones who are doing interviews?

Were the Geisel conversations relaxed? Like can I just show up with a couple of casual questions I have or do I need to prepare in any way? And are the students different from the ones who are doing interviews?
Yes, different students. There is no pressure to do absolutely anything. It is not evaluated. It’s simply a chance to get your questions answered if you have any, or just listen to the answers for other people’s questions.

And are the students different from the ones who are doing interviews?
As an FYI on this point - I later talked 1:1 with a med student from one of these sessions and she told me that she literally just responded to an email asking if current students were willing to chat with prospective students and has zero connection to the admissions process. I know students always tell us that they have no say in our status, but I think many of us still have the feeling that these sessions are sort of an extension of our interviews. However, at least at Geisel (but I think prob in general) these sessions REALLY are just to gain info and get a feel for the student body! Just putting this here for anyone who needs to hear it (or who was on the fence about asking about the small goofy things that will actually affect our lives like idk the parking situation or free coffee or something haha).

Does anyone know when they’ll start reaching out to students who interviewed earlier? Interviewed end of Jan and haven’t heard anything :(

So they're releasing decisions finally? Interviewed early November and haven't heard a peep!

Reactions: 4 users
WL via email. Interviewed 09/10/20. Kinda surprising, thought I butchered this one lol.

Is the lack of a WL a silent R for those who interviewed a while ago?

Interviewed in mid October and still nothing, my god this is torturous.

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly felt like this was my worst interview of the cycle. Won't be surprised if this silence turns into a post-II R 🥴

Waitlisted and withdrawing. Interviewed in September, glad to finally get a word on my app. Congrats to those accepted and GL to everyone else :)

Reactions: 3 users
WL earlier today and withdrew, interviewed in October

YO! this waiting is eating up my bones😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone who interviewed on 2/4 or later heard anything yet?

Got hit with the WL as well. Not sure what to think. MSAR has very promising numbers but it seems like no one got in off it last year. Also who knows what to think during this year, they’re probably waitlisting way more people than usual

• Care
+1 WL. Interviewed early december

• Care
If we interviewed a few months ago (before Feb) and we haven’t been hit with a WL could it mean post II R or possible chance of acceptance?
So exhausted with this process...

It looks like last year there was a huge acceptance wave on the first Friday in March (since the adcom apparently meets every Thursday). Let’s see if that holds true this year!

A !!!!! WOW!!!!!! Interviewed mid-Feb!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
WL, interviewed 9/17

• Care