2021-2022 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Seems that all post-interview decisions are Alternate list right? No rejections? Looked back a few years in the threads and it seems that sometimes people got an R email and then immediately got an alternate list email afterwards. Don't seem to be R's after interview

Seems that all post-interview decisions are Alternate list right? No rejections? Looked back a few years in the threads and it seems that sometimes people got an R email and then immediately got an alternate list email afterwards. Don't seem to be R's after interview
From last year's thread, I can see at least 7 post-II Rs.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
From last year's thread, I can see at least 7 post-II Rs.
Yea I looked at 2018-2019 and 2019-2020, commented here, and then looked at last years. Probably should've gone backwards first huh? Neuroticism superseded logic for a few lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
+1 Post-II R.

Fine with me because I already have multiple MD-PhD As. Good luck to everyone!

• Okay...
Reactions: 4 users
Post II R, expected - good luck all!

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know what % of applicants get accepted, alternate, or rejected after interview?

anyone know what % of applicants get accepted, alternate, or rejected after interview?
Dunno about Alternate and rejection, but they made it seem like they only extend 32 acceptances initially and take from alternate after that. Given that they usually interview only 200-250 of the applicants, flat out acceptance rate seems to be 14%. Seems that an equal amount of alternate v rejections were reported here, but SDN population might not be the most representative. Who knows?

Just like to say that every year is different, I was one of those applicants that was waitlisted, wasn't invited to second look, but taken off the waitlist in May.

Have other accepted students been able to join the class of 2027 facebook page?

Have other accepted students been able to join the class of 2027 facebook page?
It took them a few days to accept my request but I was able to join!

I am also wondering if anyone has received any further information about scheduling an in person tour with CCLCM?

It took them a few days to accept my request but I was able to join!

I am also wondering if anyone has received any further information about scheduling an in person tour with CCLCM?
Ah OK, I was accepted in February, but my request has still been pending for over a week. Excited to meet other prospective students, so I might reach out to them to see if they can add. I haven't heard anything new about in person tours yet.

• Love
I'm very excited to share that I got off the waitlist last Friday afternoon! I was so shocked to receive the call. Best of luck to others on the waitlist...don't lose hope!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Was anyone else's PI contacted? Mine got an email from the school this week asking about my interest in research. Has that happened to anyone else still on the WL?

Was anyone else's PI contacted? Mine got an email from the school this week asking about my interest in research. Has that happened to anyone else still on the WL?
Not mine. But that's a good sign for you! ☺️

• Love
Mine was also contacted. Hoping that means we're still in the running! Good luck!

So what's up with second look? CCLCM website lists it has being April 7th/8th but no one has posted about it. Did anyone on the WL get an invite?

Last edited:
Dunno about WL invites but CCLCM did tweet about it and it was virtual, might be why there were no posts about it/WL invites

Second look was last Thursday/Friday but accepted applicants are able to schedule a campus visit to sit in on lectures and PBL

Second look was last Thursday/Friday but accepted applicants are able to schedule a campus visit to sit in on lectures and PBL
Do you know if any alternate list folks were invited to SL, or was it accepted people only?

Do you know if any alternate list folks were invited to SL, or was it accepted people only?
Not sure, unfortunately :( only accepted people have been in the lectures though

As someone on the WL, that curriculum change email gave me a heart attack

• Haha
The alternate list update email made my heart stop for a second :’) good luck to everyone also still waiting

Y'all think it's overkill to re-express interest in response to that if we have nothing substantive to update on?

Edit: I think it is, but just wanted to ask the fellow neurotics

JUST GOT THE CALL FROM DR. WARREN!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
HUGE CONGRATS!!! Did you ever send an LOI/was your PI contacted?
Thank you so much!! I honestly could not believe it when I saw a phone call coming in with the Cleveland area code and thought it might have been spam.
I did send LOI and updates, which I think helped, but I don't think my PI was ever contacted!

• Love
Received a phone call this morning that I got off the waitlist!

Does anyone know if there is a separate Facebook or GroupMe for CCLCM accepted students? Thank you

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Don't forget to join the GroupMe and Slack via the links that should on your incoming class Facebook page!