2022-2023 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you who already interviewed, how was it? Did they ask more behavioral questions, questions about research, etc? Tips?

For those of you who already interviewed, how was it? Did they ask more behavioral questions, questions about research, etc? Tips?
My interview was pretty low stress. Just be prepared to talk about your research and why you'd be a good fit for CCLCM. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview was pretty low stress. Just be prepared to talk about your research and why you'd be a good fit for CCLCM. Good luck!
I second, really tried to push how they want to get to know you better, but they did drill me about my research. Best of Luck!

Thanksgiving has passed. Considering how small this class is and thus how small the interviewee population is, should I expect a rejection at this point?

Thanksgiving has passed. Considering how small this class is and thus how small the interviewee population is, should I expect a rejection at this point?
I mean I got an interview a week ago, and I'm OOS ORM. I wouldn't bank on it, but it's not over till it's over.

Reactions: 1 user
I tried to look into when and how they send out their first batch of acceptances. I see that they send them in December but that they call our PI before notifying us if accepted. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

I tried to look into when and how they send out their first batch of acceptances. I see that they send them in December but that they call our PI before notifying us if accepted. Can anyone confirm if this is true?
Yes. But you can be accepted without having your PI contacted and i also saw somewhere that a call to your PI doesnt necessarily mean an acceptance will come either (it is definitely good tho)

Yes. But you can be accepted without having your PI contacted and i also saw somewhere that a call to your PI doesnt necessarily mean an acceptance will come either (it is definitely good tho)
Awesome thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how long after the phone interview you should expect to hear back?

Does anyone know when they release decisions? I only remember hearing that the first batch will come sometime in December, but not sure if they shared the specific date or timing, like mid or late Dec.

Does anyone know when they release decisions? I only remember hearing that the first batch will come sometime in December, but not sure if they shared the specific date or timing, like mid or late Dec.
I guess sometime soon, before Christmas.

Reactions: 1 user
The silence with them is absolutely killing me. Every time my phone rings I get way too excited and set up for disappointment.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I saw in a previous forum that they sent acceptances after Christmas, near new year. Maybe they are running late this year.
Does anyone know if they usually email or call? If call, will they email if you can’t pick up or call back?

Are we sure that the 1st round / December acceptances haven't gone out yet? With only 16 calls, I'm wondering if they've given acceptances but no one has posted?

They’ve called on the 29th in previous years, so hoping that today will be the day!

Got the call today!! Still in shock, thank God!!

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Any other A's? I feel like more people would be reporting on here despite the small class size.

Does being rejected from CWRU mean anything for the College Program?
I wasn't even given an interview at CWRU. Accepted to CCLCM. The the two programs look for very different things in candidates from what I've seen.

Is it possible for a Sept interviewee to get A in Feb?🥲
I was accepted off the waitlist in May (I think) of my cycle but had my interview in September. It ain't over til it's over.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed in September but haven't heard a decision yet. I emailed the school last week and this is what they said:

Thank you for your continued interest in the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine! I have included our timeline below:

For applicants who interviewed September 1st – November 17th, those being considered for an acceptance offer and those no longer being considered will be notified by January 3rd. Applicants not in one for these two groups will be considered for acceptance offers made in February. If applicants do not receive one of the 32 spots, they will be considered for the Waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users