2020-2021 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I GOT THE CALL FROM DR WARREN I GOT MY NUMBER ONE CHOICE :OOO
Congrats!! So happy for you!!! I'm hoping to be privileged enough to get an II here in the next month.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I got the call from Dr Warren this AM :) interviewed in early October, they spoke to my PI 2 weeks ago.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats. Shameless question. You guys and gals think they’re still sending interview invites? I feel like I should just expect the Pre II R soon, but there’s a part of me that thinks there’s hope lol

Congrats to everyone who got in :) could you please post when you get the acceptance email! I don’t have access to my calls from abroad and I’m waiting for the email :(

Last edited:
Congrats. Shameless question. You guys and gals think they’re still sending interview invites? I feel like I should just expect the Pre II R soon, but there’s a part of me that thinks there’s hope lol
Never mind my R legit just came through 🤣🤣🤦🏾‍♂️

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
best to think they are done with calls for today? Now waiting until march/april?
Hard to imagine they’ve contact everyone in the first round and only two reported, my guess is they’re probably still making some calls into this week. I remember some people earlier mentioning their pi got called so I’m expecting them to also report an A

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone who got in :) could you please post when you get the acceptance email! I don’t have access to my calls from abroad and I’m waiting for the email :(
Email just went out!

Here's hoping they're still going to send more A's out this week. PI got a call a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything :/

• Care
I got the acceptance call earlier today too, interviewed early November. So excited!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I mean I’m just curious how much longer they’re sending out IIs. Hoping that COVID’s forced them to push back interviewing season so that 1/28/2020 isn’t truly the last date......I still have hope lol
I got II yesterday, and the first day available was 2/04/2021 and last day available was 2/08/2021. But, if the second round of decisions are coming out in February idk if these days will even be considered until the waitlist begins.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got II yesterday, and the first day available was 2/04/2021 and last day available was 2/08/2021. But, if the second round of decisions are coming out in February idk if these days will even be considered until the waitlist begins.

When did you submit your app?

No calls today it seems. Looks like the wait till February is on.

Does anyone know how many people they ended up accepting in the December first wave? Also, was there anyone else whose PI got called but did not get a decision yet?

For those who interviewed already, were you grilled heavily on your research? Was there a PhD or MD/PhD interviewing you about research? Thanks!

For those who interviewed already, were you grilled heavily on your research? Was there a PhD or MD/PhD interviewing you about research? Thanks!
I had a PhD interviewer who lightly grilled me. They asked me more about experimental design than the results of my research.

Both my md and my mdphd asked me some good questions. Mdphd was there more in depth one

Thanks so much, will keep that in mind during interview prep! Also, quick question for those whose PIs were called: did they call your current PI or your past ones? (esp. if you had pubs in previous labs) Thanks so much!!

Thanks so much, will keep that in mind during interview prep! Also, quick question for those whose PIs were called: did they call your current PI or your past ones? (esp. if you had pubs in previous labs) Thanks so much!!
Called my undergrad one which is where I had a pub and is diff than my gap year one. You can dm me if you have any more q’s!

Hey guys! So sorry to stir things up in the thread again, but I was wondering if anyone knows whether the group activity on interview day is evaluated? (or is it just to let us know what PBL feels like?)

Hey guys! So sorry to stir things up in the thread again, but I was wondering if anyone knows whether the group activity on interview day is evaluated? (or is it just to let us know what PBL feels like?)
It is evaluated

Anyone know if we’re supposed to also be receiving anything in the mail for accepted applicants?

I saw that there is an interactive group activity during the interview day. Does anyone know what they usually do for the activity? How does it work?

I saw that there is an interactive group activity during the interview day. Does anyone know what they usually do for the activity? How does it work?
It’s similar to other schools that also do group activities where it’s like a practice pbl, no prep for it really just be able to communicate and interact well with others

Pre-II R :( It hurts but have to move on now.

• Care
Anyone who's interviewed already - do you stay in the main Zoom link and they assign you to breakout rooms, or do you use the "web interview" tab on the portal? Haha I think there's some conflicting instructions on the portal...

Anyone who's interviewed already - do you stay in the main Zoom link and they assign you to breakout rooms, or do you use the "web interview" tab on the portal? Haha I think there's some conflicting instructions on the portal...
You stay in the Zoom and they assign breakout rooms! Don't have to use the Web Interview tab

Any advice on where to submit a Letter of Intent? The portal, direct email, or both?

Any advice on where to submit a Letter of Intent? The portal, direct email, or both?

on my interview day, I think I remember them saying to upload everything to the portal! I doubt an email along with that would hurt though

I submitted mine on portal but not sure if it had any impact on my admissions decision

Does anyone know if it would be better to submit an LOI/update (recent publication) now before decisions are released or to wait to submit it after decisions in case I get placed on the waitlist?

Does anyone know if it would be better to submit an LOI/update (recent publication) now before decisions are released or to wait to submit it after decisions in case I get placed on the waitlist?
I got mine in before the december ranking meeting and was accepted in the first wave. My opinion is that it also showed interest in the program which helped.

Got my interview day coming up in a few days, any tips on what I should expect during my interviews? Since the program is so research-heavy, should I prepare for being grilled about my research?

Got my interview day coming up in a few days, any tips on what I should expect during my interviews? Since the program is so research-heavy, should I prepare for being grilled about my research?
its a blast, have fun with it and enjoy it. prep for research questions but also be excited about what you've done

every researcher asked about my research but it wasn't grilling - though my background is very much in the basic sciences and in a wet lab and i had a humanities faculty member, clinician faculty member, and student whose focus was dry lab

every researcher asked about my research but it wasn't grilling - though my background is very much in the basic sciences and in a wet lab and i had a humanities faculty member, clinician faculty member, and student whose focus was dry lab
+1 I had a very similar experience

definitely know your research; every interviewer brought it up.
its a blast, have fun with it and enjoy it. prep for research questions but also be excited about what you've done
Thank you all for your advice! Hope for you all to be my potential classmates :)

IT'S FEBRUARY EVERYONE WHO INTERVIEWED GOOD LUCK I'M STRESSSSSEDD

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Any recent interviewees have any information on an anticipated date?

My PI just got the email. Praying I don't get hit with the waitlist.