2021-2022 Charles R. Drew

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my primary verification email on 07/22 but still haven't received a secondary :( Has anyone who got verified after this date received a secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What are the typical stats for Drew applicants ? Would someone be willing to share that information?
I dont know if they're publicized anywhere... I've heard people affiliated with the school say that ucla requests stats from all the programs to be lumped together

Got my primary verification email on 07/22 but still haven't received a secondary :( Has anyone who got verified after this date received a secondary?
same. I heard they screen a ton, and only send secondaries to some. I feel like I probably got screened out by now...

Finally received a secondary today submitted my primary on the first day

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone know what the post II acceptance rate is?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone had their interview yet?
If im not mistaken, they do interviews really late and send acceptances even later. My old friend from college just graduated from there.

They are up there with Meharry and Morehouse in terms of doing this late, but I think they do things the latest of them all. I remember going to an open house there in the early spring of 2020 and they hadnt even sent acceptances out yet. I was sitting next to a girl who interviewed there in Dec and was only attending the open house to show face and incr her chances of acceptance lol.

If im not mistaken, they do interviews really late and send acceptances even later. My old friend from college just graduated from there.

They are up there with Meharry and Morehouse in terms of doing this late, but I think they do things the latest of them all. I remember going to an open house there in the early spring of 2020 and they hadnt even sent acceptances out yet. I was sitting next to a girl who interviewed there in Dec and was only attending the open house to show face and incr her chances of acceptance lol.
I wonder if they do it so late since they get grandfathered in with UCLA. So as UCLA get closer to understanding what their numbers look like maybe then Drew starts....but IDK this all speculation

Secondary Received 8:30pm EST !!! AMCAS primary submitted 8/19.

Anyone know what the post II acceptance rate is?
I also would like to know this, but I dont think there's any information on it, because everything gets grouped with UCLA is my understanding.

I haven't gotten a secondary and I'm IS. Any low mcat people get secondaries?

II received! OOS, URM, LM 74. The only interview slot available is in december, is that a glitch or do they really interview that late?

II received! OOS, URM, LM 74. The only interview slot available is in december, is that a glitch or do they really interview that late?

Congrats! Not a glitch, look at what posters above are mentioning :)

I wonder if they do it so late since they get grandfathered in with UCLA. So as UCLA get closer to understanding what their numbers look like maybe then Drew starts....but IDK this all speculation

Yes they are grouped with UCLA but they are even more specific in their mission and demographic. Im from south central LA, and live within a mile of campus. CRD means a lot to the community, and they even have a King/Drew Magnet school program starting at high school, which is located very close by.

The program is REALLY REALLY small, so tbh its probably also to ensure that they are getting the applicants that actually want to go there and fit with the mission. Not just the students who are using it as a safety school. Like i said before, this school has STRONG ties to the south LA community.. they want to make sure that their students actually want to be here. I know hella people from my youth who have gone through the King/Drew school system. Look into history of who Charles R Drew was, what he meant to black people, and how much this school means to the area. There's a reason there are so few interview slots

I've met people in my UG who applied to Drew treating it like the other "HBCU" med schools, thinking its a low stat safety school, and then they never even get a secondary, let alone an II.

I am not faculty or a student there. Im just a South central native who has been to so many of their open houses and other events and have a plethora of conversations with the faculty members. This could all be conjecture, but I am only basing my assumptions off what I've been told over the 5+ years ive been speaking with people from there

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
I haven't gotten a secondary and I'm IS. Any low mcat people get secondaries?
me either. But I think its because my MCAT score isnt in yet LOL. It gets released tomorrow so hopefully I get a secondary soon.

II received today! Complete 7/27. IS/URM/low stats. This is my dream program so it feels surreal to get an invite here. Good luck to everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II received today! Complete 7/27. IS/URM/low stats. This is my dream program so it feels surreal to get an invite here. Good luck to everyone!
congrats! its my dream program as well. Best of luck with with the interview!

Got my II in August and my options were 1 date in October or 1 in November. Not sure if there was a September date, but they definitely schedule far in advance. I’m guessing that is due to a small number of interview slots.

II received!!!! OOS, URM. I feel so blessed and excited considering UCLA/Drew's applicants:II ratio. Hopefully the interview goes well because their post-II acceptance rate is relatively low as well. They're probably my top choice!

Reactions: 3 users
I signed up for an interview date on October 16th!

+2, primary verified 7/23 and still no secondary :(

II recieved today! OOS, URM. 3.48 cGPA, 3.24 sGPA, 3.9 SMP, 511 MCAT.
Secondary received 07/28, complete 08/25
Absolutely ecstatic to interview for this program.

II recieved today! OOS, URM. 3.48 cGPA, 3.24 sGPA, 3.9 SMP, 511 MCAT.
Secondary received 07/28, complete 08/25
Absolutely ecstatic to interview for this program.
Congrats!!!

Still waiting on my Secondary :'(((

Yup. I think I got screened out. I’m IS, low Mcat, and ORM
When did you submit?

My primary was verified 8/30 and my MCAT was sent 9/14/21.

There's still hope. They dont move on the same timeline as other schools.

When did you submit?

My primary was verified 8/30 and my MCAT was sent 9/14/21.

There's still hope. They dont move on the same timeline as other schools.
July 30 was added and my app was already verified

Finally received a secondary 2 min ago! So excited!

Reactions: 4 users
Verified 8/27. Im ORM so probably dont have much of a chance here
where else did you apply? is your app service focused? CDU accepts ORM so long as it fits the mission. I know hella ORMs who've gotten into CDU,Morehouse, Meharry, Howard, etc

where else did you apply? is your app service focused? CDU accepts ORM so long as it fits the mission. I know hella ORMs who've gotten into CDU,Morehouse, Meharry, Howard, etc
Yes, app is heavily service focused with Peace Corps and other similar experiences. I apply pretty broadly - mixture of midtier schools and service-oriented ones with a sprinkle of dream schools. Got secondaries from all the UCs but been silent here. LM 73 IS for context

Yes, app is heavily service focused with Peace Corps and other similar experiences. I apply pretty broadly - mixture of midtier schools and service-oriented ones with a sprinkle of dream schools. Got secondaries from all the UCs but been silent here. LM 73 IS for context
Hell yea thats awesome bro. Im pretty much in the same boat. Except I took a lot more dream school shots cause I swore I was gonna get 528 on my MCAT :rofl:.

I got secondaries from all the CA schools except the holy trinity (SF, SD, LA) , but if you got them then theres no way you wont get CDU's. it's only a matter of time my man

Hell yea thats awesome bro. Im pretty much in the same boat. Except I took a lot more dream school shots cause I swore I was gonna get 528 on my MCAT :rofl:.

I got secondaries from all the CA schools except the holy trinity (SF, SD, LA) , but if you got them then theres no way you wont get CDU's. it's only a matter of time my man
Lol I dont blame you. Gotta take your shot haha. Thanks for the encouragement man. Good luck. I hope you get into the school of your choice.

• Care
When you graduate, do you get the distinction of CDU on your diploma/transcript or is it UCLA? I've seen answers for both so just wondering. Thanks!

When you graduate, do you get the distinction of CDU on your diploma/transcript or is it UCLA? I've seen answers for both so just wondering. Thanks!
I think it will say CDU.

From what I remember, the diploma will have the seals of both schools on it

II received!!!! OOS, URM. I feel so blessed and excited considering UCLA/Drew's applicants:II ratio. Hopefully the interview goes well because their post-II acceptance rate is relatively low as well. They're probably my top choice!
Congrats!! I was just wondering where you found the info for their Post-II acceptance rate though. I've only been able to find the stats chart for their PA program but nothing on the UCLA/Drew MD one

Congrats!! I was just wondering where you found the info for their Post-II acceptance rate though. I've only been able to find the stats chart for their PA program but nothing on the UCLA/Drew MD one
So, my mentor is actually an M1 at UCLA/Drew and I recently spoke them. They said the numbers for the PA program are very similar to the numbers for the MD program. I’m not sure about how many OOS were accepted, but they are also the only OOS M1 in their class.