2021-2022 Carle-Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wish there were more programs like this. Carle and Harvard HST are the only ones I know

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh not at all! If anything, I feel like they may have received fewer complete applications (people with completed competency checklist + extraordinary secondary). Yet, this is just a hunch. There could be many reasons as to why they are changing things up this cycle and I should not speculate.
If that is the case, you're saying they pushed back the showcase because they dont have enough qualified applicants? That would be great, but I feel every year crazy pre-meds will find about this school and take those pre-requisites to qualify 🥲

Also ya'll... Every other med school and their mother seems to be behind schedule from some of intel from other threads so it might simply be that the Carle admissions office might be a tad behind schedule (like in that one episode of Spongebob). We will know soon enough hopefully. You are all rockstars and I am proud of all of you.

8597d3e1-82d1-45ea-bf97-97e49715d1b1

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh not at all! If anything, I feel like they may have received fewer complete applications (people with completed competency checklist + extraordinary secondary). Yet, this is just a hunch. There could be many reasons as to why they are changing things up this cycle and I should not speculate. Also, you may also know, primary to secondary conversion rate at Carle weren't really high for the first two cycles. However, these are just guesstimates to where people may be standing in the applicant pool wrt chances. Here are two articles you may find interesting.

Wow, only ~30% of applicants who submitted a primary ended up sending in secondaries?

To fill a total number of 48 seats, my guess is that they will need to send out at least ~150 offers. If you do a rough calculation, their actual acceptance rate is about ~150/700 = 20%?

These are indeed very interesting data to read and think about. :)

Is this the first year tuition is not free? Or was that last cycle? Curious if that is affecting application numbers.
Only their first class was offered full scholarship because they wanted to create incentives for people to apply for a new med school.

With that being said, I believe I read somewhere on their website that a majority of matriculants were offered some scholarships...

i thought today was going to be the day we heard something from Carle but here we are.... still waiting

• Sad
  • Hmm
Received. But it doesn’t have details right?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
how many people generally receive the showcase invite?
Edit: it says top 10% of the applicant pool

Is the showcase the 30 min session with staff or is that separate?

SHOWCASE MOTHER FATHERS!!!

Also ya'll, take note that the time is in CST.

Last edited:
  • Love
Congratulations! Does it say if there will be more showcase invites or is it just one?

Anyone know around how many people is top 10%?
last year 2830 applied. And apparently not everyone submits the secondary. So maybe 250 people got the invite. And they plan to accept at least 64 students

were any of you that received a showcase invite complete the end of september? trying to figure out if they didnt reach my application or if i didn't make the cut lol

Congratulations! Does it say if there will be more showcase invites or is it just one?
A few things:
  1. It says they will finish the initial review of all applications in December
  2. There are many different days to sign up for the showcases - there were at least 10 different days to sign up for and go through the end of February
  3. It seems to be less of a "big showcase" and more of two smaller showcases; there is a student session and a staff session, and they can be on different days

Also invited for the showcase! Very excited for this one.

+1 showcase! I appreciate the flexibility they offer. Complete 8/13

For everyone who received a showcase invite. When were you complete?

+1 for a showcase invite. Complete 8/24. Absolutely so stoked, love the idea behind this school

Congrats to everyone who received a showcase invitation! I have a question regarding meeting Carle Illinois' prerequisites. So the website states that you have to complete 9 out of 11 prerequisite courses to receive a secondary. In order to be considered for acceptance, I have to complete all 11 right? The only class I have not taken is linear algebra, but I am wondering if I need to take it.

We finally made it, +1 on the invite 😭 Now to get that acceptance...

Did anyone who submitted the secondary on or after 8/31 get a showcase invitation? Anxious to know if they just haven’t gotten to my application yet or if I didn’t make the cut?

Did anyone who submitted the secondary on or after 8/31 get a showcase invitation? Anxious to know if they just haven’t gotten to my application yet or if I didn’t make the cut?
feel you on this, i submitted the middle of september and am wondering the same thing

Congrats to everyone who received a showcase invitation! I have a question regarding meeting Carle Illinois' prerequisites. So the website states that you have to complete 9 out of 11 prerequisite courses to receive a secondary. In order to be considered for acceptance, I have to complete all 11 right? The only class I have not taken is linear algebra, but I am wondering if I need to take it.
My understanding is that you only need 9 out of 11 for acceptance. I only meet 9 and I am a nontrad, not planning to complete any more coursework prior to matriculation (which is very clear from my application). I also received a showcase invite today so I think my understanding is correct!

guys does this mean there will be no more showcase invites? I thought they send out invites in 3 rounds? Wasn't that how it was last year?

guys does this mean there will be no more showcase invites? I thought they send out invites in 3 rounds? Wasn't that how it was last year?
Nobody knows. Things are obviously different this year but hopefully they will send out more.

Yes I submitted early Sept.

to my other fellow Carle Illinois loving applicants who didn't hear anything on friday, I did reach out and ask about showcase invites (good or bad idea I'm not sure yet lol) but they did say applications are still being reviewed and that they will send out showcase invites as they review them. Good luck to everyone still waiting and congratulations to everyone who received an invite!

Reactions: 8 users
last year they sent them out in 3 batches with dates assigned, each batch having less than this last batch. So it seems this year they sent out one massive batch (so far).

to my other fellow Carle Illinois loving applicants who didn't hear anything on friday, I did reach out and ask about showcase invites (good or bad idea I'm not sure yet lol) but they did say applications are still being reviewed and that they will send out showcase invites as they review them. Good luck to everyone still waiting and congratulations to everyone who received an invite!
Yeah don't worry, it looks like half the showcase dates still have open seats

Showcase invite today! :love: Complete 12/1.
Congratulations! You must be an excellent candidate for them to send an invite in 2 weeks. Im here dying from anxiety as I submitted 8/8 and no invite yet :'( pray for me yall.

Congrats! Wow, they finished reviewing your application in 2 weeks? This got me really anxious since mine was complete 12/04.
Thank you! When I logged onto the portal, there are still a lot of dates available for the showcase. It looks like they hold the showcase (faculty & students) several times in one day. I believe in you!

Congratulations! You must be an excellent candidate for them to send an invite in 2 weeks. Im here dying from anxiety as I submitted 8/8 and no invite yet :'( pray for me yall.
Thank you! I would say this school fits me. I was surprised to see that a place like this existed. Have faith friend. I'm praying for you.