2021-2022 Carle-Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the showcase considered a ll?

Members don't see this ad.

Is the showcase considered a ll?
It's not an II exactly, but it's the closest thing Carle does to one. I THINK they send out showcase invites to their top 750 applicants (250 each event, 3 events total) and then you just get an acceptance or rejection in your email some time in the Spring. I believe that's what happened last year at least.

It's not an II exactly, but it's the closest thing Carle does to one. I THINK they send out showcase invites to their top 750 applicants (250 each event, 3 events total) and then you just get an acceptance or rejection in your email some time in the Spring. I believe that's what happened last year at least.
Thanks, that’s good to know. I have a computer science background and really love their focus on tech. Not getting my hopes up, but I guess you never know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, that’s good to know. I have a computer science background and really love their focus on tech. Not getting my hopes up, but I guess you never know.
Yeah I went to Illinois for my undergrad and I love everything about the campus. Ultimately, this one is a bit of a reach for me as I have 0 engineering/tech experience whatsoever.

Just want to wish everyone the best as we anxiously wait and hoping the first wave of showcase invites come soon!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
same! it'd be cool haha, but I noticed most of their class majored in BME. i feel like they're more into hard engineering than computing and informatics
I promise they are also into computing and informatics, don't worry.

If they said mid-nov for showcase invites, it has to be by the end of this week right?

So if a showcase will take place this year, it'll be within the next 4 weeks. Which means an invite MUST be coming soon. RIGHT!? The suspense is killing me. :help:🙃

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Have a weird tingly sensation in my left pinky toe that today will be showcase invite day

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
So they're...uh...not sending out anything in November, then, huh?

Even though this thread has only two pages so far, this is the best content of all the 2021-2022 cycle threads.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Even though this thread has only two pages so far, this is the best content of all the 2021-2022 cycle threads
Best case scenario: we are all classmates next year. Clearly we, the participants of this thread, have great synergy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
It could be possible that showcase invite recipients haven't posted? I have received a number of interview invites on days where there have been no other posts in school-specific threads, although it would be strange if a large quantity were sent and no posts were made.

It could be possible that showcase invite recipients haven't posted? I have received a number of interview invites on days where there have been no other posts in school-specific threads, although it would be strange if a large quantity were sent and no posts were made.
that makes sense, but like you said if they typically send out a large quantity of at least 100 showcase invites I would hope someone would post something. Honestly, you never know lol

And here I was thinking today would be the day. For some reason, I’m more hopeful for Thursdays than any other day.

• Sad
  • Hmm
By this time last year there were already 2 rounds of showcase invites. Odd.

• Hmm
By this time last year there were already 2 rounds of showcase invites. Odd.
when i emailed them they said the showcase would be different this year... idk what that means but maybe it has something to do with it?

• Hmm
when i emailed them they said the showcase would be different this year... idk what that means but maybe it has something to do with it?
Do you think they probably changed the showcase to accepted students only? Even though that doesn't make a lot of sense :/

Last edited:
woah i didn't even think of that... maybe? since technically they don't use the showcase to evaluate right?

Is it okay to send them an email and ask again? Its literally december. Don't people normally get invites a few weeks before the actual event takes place? We only have 3 weeks until this year is over. They said one showcase would take place this year, so its weird that they are so late at sending out the invites :'(

Is it okay to send them an email and ask again? Its literally december. Don't people normally get invites a few weeks before the actual event takes place? We only have 3 weeks until this year is over. They said one showcase would take place this year, so its weird that they are so late at sending out the invites :'(
With only a few weeks until the holidays, if they are planning a showcase for prospective students I'd expect it to be after the New Year.

Do you think they probably changed the showcase to accepted students only? Even though that doesn't make a lot of sense :/
This is what I’m thinking. And then maybe they would do it on campus instead of virtual 🤔

Guys I emailed Dr. Few. Lets see what she says.

Reactions: 7 users
Based on their website, I’m now thinking one showcase mid to late-January and acceptances mid to late-February.

+1 also wondering this. I've searched the website long and hard looking for showcase info and there's not much.
Agreed! The only information I found was in the admissions FAQ that they anticipate the offers to go out in Feb 2022. It doesn't say anything about the showcase timeline

Guys I emailed Dr. Few. Lets see what she says.
any update on your end?
Michael-scott.png

any update on your end?
Michael-scott.png
no 😭
The last time I emailed her, she replied a week or two later so we have to wait a bit I guess. But I can't get over the fact that this med school has been completely silent to all applicants. Somehow feels a little illegal as other med schools are halfway through interview season.

no 😭
The last time I emailed her, she replied a week or two later so we have to wait a bit I guess. But I can't get over the fact that this med school has been completely silent to all applicants. Somehow feels a little illegal as other med schools are halfway through interview season.
Yall shoulda saw toledo last year. Didn’t have a single interview till the new year I believe, and they were doing actual interviews not showcases. It was nuts.

Yall shoulda saw toledo last year. Didn’t have a single interview till the new year I believe, and they were doing actual interviews not showcases. It was nuts.
Toledo didnt even send me a secondary this year 🥲😂💀

Not sure what it will be for 2026 but the 2025 class size was only 47 students. Couple that with a very streamlined application, absent entirely of interview--and I think you'll find Carle is on an entirely different timeline than most other schools.

I think earlier in this thread, someone mentioned that Carle Illinois is planning to take ~64 students this year. I'm not sure about the source of that info, but if that's true, it means we're more likely to get a seat than last year if the total number of application they received this year is not significantly higher...

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I think earlier in this thread, someone mentioned that Carle Illinois is planning to take ~64 students this year. I'm not sure about the source of that info, but if that's true, it means we're more likely to get a seat than last year if the total number of application they received this year is not significantly higher...
They are taking in 64 students for class of 2026. However, likelihood of getting a seat depends not only on the number applications received, but also the quality of the applications. In a more competitive pool, likelihood of getting a seat may be lower regardless of the number of applications. This year seems to be significantly different than their previous admission cycles. I hope we start receiving the showcase invites soon.

They are taking in 64 students for class of 2026. However, likelihood of getting a seat depends not only on the number applications received, but also the quality of the applications. In a more competitive pool, likelihood of getting a seat may be lower regardless of the number of applications. This year seems to be significantly different than their previous admission cycles. I hope we start receiving the showcase invites soon.
So you think the reason they still haven't sent out showcase invites yet is that they're receiving more qualified applications this year and can't decide who to invite?

So you think the reason they still haven't sent out showcase invites yet is that they're receiving more qualified applications this year and can't decide who to invite?
They're probably just behind schedule / decided to change up the showcase timeline

Oh not at all! If anything, I feel like they may have received fewer complete applications (people with completed competency checklist + extraordinary secondary). Yet, this is just a hunch. There could be many reasons as to why they are changing things up this cycle and I should not speculate. Also, you may also know, primary to secondary conversion rate at Carle weren't really high for the first two cycles. However, these are just guesstimates to where people may be standing in the applicant pool wrt chances. Here are two articles you may find interesting.

Last edited: