2020-2021 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This entire thread has me ✨stressed ✨. Good-luck to everyone! I am still waiting to get an R or II.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 14 users
This entire thread has me ✨stressed ✨. Good-luck to everyone! I am still waiting to get an R or II.
Samesies. Complete in early Sep. The wait is killing me!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if Wake sends out application decisions in order of info-session date? If so, what info-session date are we on for decisions?
Had my info session last week and they said that ideally, we would know before winter break but if not, we should know within the first two weeks of January!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they send post II rejections before March?
During my info session, they said they would! You will either get an email saying you are waitlisted or an email notification from the application portal saying an update has been posted or something like that and the update will be an acceptance or rejection.

Does anyone know when Wake stops sending IIs?

Reactions: 6 users
Did anybody get this email? I don’t know if this is a good sign 😂
2D510BE8-BA85-44ED-9697-96CC3DA418BF.jpeg

Did anybody get this email? I don’t know if this is a good sign 😂
View attachment 324985
I want one!!! ...But first I need to get an II :lol:

Also don't think it means anything, to be honest. Seems to be a generic 'thank you' email they send out to applicants they interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else complete mid July and waiting to hear back about an II?

Reactions: 27 users
Can WF just start up another mass app execution, I just need to know if they're gonna interview me or hit me with the R - my hopes are up and I can't have that lmao

Reactions: 29 users
Can WF just start up another mass app execution, I just need to know if they're gonna interview me or hit me with the R - my hopes are up and I can't have that lmao

Same, the wait is the worst part for me. I want to just know one way or the other rather than waiting and hoping on tender hooks.

Reactions: 2 users
I saw people getting acceptances 2 days after their december interview in last year's thread and thought that would be the case this year with a pre-recorded Interview :clown::clown::clown:

I saw people getting acceptances 2 days after their december interview in last year's thread and thought that would be the case this year with a pre-recorded Interview :clown::clown::clown:
Same here :/

Anyone know when the adcoms take off for their holiday break? Trying to find out when I should give up hope of hearing back this year. Interviewed 12/2

Do they have specific days when they typically send out the decisions or interview invites?

Do they have specific days when they typically send out the decisions or interview invites?
Well not sure if there are specific days, but I've noticed a trend because I am pathetic. IIs seem to go out on Tuesdays/Wednesdays and Rs on Wednesdays/Thursdays (maybe Fridays?). But it's been a while since the last R wave, but I seem to recall like maybe one or two reported II around this time last week.

• Haha
Hi Everyone! Current MS1 here at Wake. Just wanted to drop by and say I know how exhausting this entire process can be and I'm here to answer/provide support if needed. Feel free to private message me if need be. Stay strong!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
12/10 virtual session. Assuming we don't get decisions before Christmas when do you guys think they'll get back to it in the new year?

12/10 virtual session. Assuming we don't get decisions before Christmas when do you guys think they'll get back to it in the new year?
I had my info session on 11/10 and received my acceptance letter the day before thanksgiving! I am sure they are going to do the same with christmas.

Anyone think they'll sound out more II's or rejections before Christmas?

Anyone think they'll sound out more II's or rejections before Christmas?
When I get bored at work I go snoop on previous year's threads. Last year Wake sent IIs on 12/20, 12/23, 1/10, and 1/22. Saw some R waves on 1/15 and 2/12. The earliest WL movement was on 2/19. Based on this I'm hoping we still have another month or so of IIs! Maybe longer if they're behind like so many schools are this year.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
God is good! I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna be a doctor! Info session 12/10

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 17 users
I just got my first Acceptance during another interview super happy!!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Just got accepted!! Information session was 12/2!!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
When I get bored at work I go snoop on previous year's threads. Last year Wake sent IIs on 12/20, 12/23, 1/10, and 1/22. Saw some R waves on 1/15 and 2/12. The earliest WL movement was on 2/19. Based on this I'm hoping we still have another month or so of IIs! Maybe longer if they're behind like so many schools are this year.
Congrats to everyone accepted today!!
Sending good vibes to everyone still waiting 😇

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed first week of December -- waitlisted about an hour ago! Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Sorry this is such a noob question (lol), but selecting Accept on the decision form isn't binding right? It's just to hold our spot?
not binding

Did anyone else receive a joint degree interest form after their interview??? I feel like this is a promising sign... "Interviewed" Dec. 17th

Is there any way to check your status? I have had silence since submitting my secondary in August

Did anyone else receive a joint degree interest form after their interview??? I feel like this is a promising sign... "Interviewed" Dec. 17th
I received that email a few days after my info session and was waitlisted last week...

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know where or when we will find out about scholarships or grants to help lower the cost of attending?

Current students or applicants that have insight on this:
When are we supposed to apply for loans? I have never taken out loans and I am not sure where to start in terms of getting loans and also fin aid.

Reactions: 1 users
Current students or applicants that have insight on this:
When are we supposed to apply for loans? I have never taken out loans and I am not sure where to start in terms of getting loans and also fin aid.
You should fill out the FAFSA as soon as you can. That’s a good first step. You add schools on there that you have been accepted to or that you think may end up as an acceptance down the road.

Does anyone know if a letter of interest is appropriate right now? I haven't received an II yet.

Does anyone know if a letter of interest is appropriate right now? I haven't received an II yet.
Yes, right now (before Christmas/New Year's) is good timing. I would get it in ASAP because apparently, January is typically a big "R wave" month for a lot of schools. I myself sent an update/letter of interest a few days ago. Good luck!

Yes, right now (before Christmas/New Year's) is good timing. I would get it in ASAP because apparently, January is typically a big "R wave" month for a lot of schools. I myself sent an update/letter of interest a few days ago. Good luck!
On the other hand, here is a remark that my advisor at Duke (who is on the Duke admissions committee) said: "There is no need, at this time, to write to the schools. First, most still have half of their interview slots available and are working to get through the applications. Second, letters of intent are just not helpful. Your intent is assumed by your application. If, on the other hand, you have an update to your file: scholarship, promotion at work, publication/abstract, etc., it is appropriate to get in touch with those respective schools. Otherwise, I would not recommend."

Reactions: 5 users

I could be wrong but I thought I saw on their portal that letters of interest were only for waitlisted candidates ?