2020-2021 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Daughter got a pre-II R earlier today. OOS, ORM, LM 74, Complete July.

Members don't see this ad.

Kind of want it just to get it over with, rip the bandaid off. Last time I got hopeful after being mid-July, LM 73/4 and missing the initial R wave, Georgetown laid the hammer during an exam lmao

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete late September and still radio silence. I was obsessively checking my email today during my workday breaks because of this ongoing tsunami of pre-II Rs that started on Wednesday. BIG HUGS and positive thoughts to those who caught the R - I know y'all will get in somewhere that is a great fit!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Wake really woke up and chose violence yesterday

• Haha
Reactions: 49 users
As I'm waiting for the hammer to drop I noticed that for some reason my answer to the "Are you a permanent resident of the US" question on the secondary didn't save when I submitted earlier in August. I emailed them about it and am hoping they can update that but do current students know if that mistake will make a big impact on decisions or not? I'm hoping they'll be able to tell from the rest of the application that the answer was an obvious yes :cryi:

Reactions: 1 user
As I'm waiting for the hammer to drop I noticed that for some reason my answer to the "Are you a permanent resident of the US" question on the secondary didn't save when I submitted earlier in August. I emailed them about it and am hoping they can update that but do current students know if that mistake will make a big impact on decisions or not? I'm hoping they'll be able to tell from the rest of the application that the answer was an obvious yes :cryi:

Same with mine - it shouldn't matter though as you checked off US citizen (I'm assuming)

Are you a green card holder or a citizen? I am assuming the question only matters for non citizens who have green card. If you are citizen, they probably disregarded it for you

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone from 11/18 info session also dying of anticipation?

Last edited:
If I did not receive a rejection last week, does that mean there is still hope for me to receive an II? Complete early August, LizzyM ~67.

Reactions: 5 users
If I did not receive a rejection last week, does that mean there is still hope for me to receive an II? Complete early August, LizzyM ~67.
Just my $0.02 - I think every dodge of an R wave is a small win. I have seen people on here with similar complete dates as I get II and pre-II Rs, so I'm assuming there's still hope for people waiting to hear back either way. Don't count your chickens before they hatch!

Reactions: 9 users
I was complete mid august and people who were complete the same day as me got R’s but I didn’t get one. Fingers crossed we still have a chance!!

Reactions: 2 users
I am in the same boat as you! Hoping they send out some II and As this week after the huge R wave last week. Fingers crossed!!
Skirted the R wave and really hoping for an II soon as well! Also so relieving to see that I'm not the only one who didn't apply to 20-30 schools, I've really been worried about not applying broadly enough!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Do they have a published list of interview dates or this unknown? waiting for an II.

Im so confused about the interviews? I am reading on here that it is just an info session, but I got the impression that they also have one-on-one interviews on interview day.

Im so confused about the interviews? I am reading on here that it is just an info session, but I got the impression that they also have one-on-one interviews on interview day.
No one-on-one interview. Juuuuuust information. Which never made much sense to me.

What has been their average time in getting back to those they have interviewed? My interview is in 2 days and I am afraid I wont hear back till after the holidays.

Last edited:
What has been their average time in getting back to those they have interviewed? My interview is in 2 days and I am afraid I wont hear back till after the holidays.
I was told at my information session (11/10) that we would hear back mid December but I heard back 11/25!

I was told at my information session (11/10) that we would hear back mid December but I heard back 11/25!
Wow that's a nice a turnaround time! But if the interview is just an info session, then why does it take them that long to make the decision? Cause they instructed for us to turn in vita before interview day anyways.

The average was 15 days for the first couple cycles. My info session was 11/18 and I haven't heard back, and I think the people from 11/12 are still waiting to hear back too. But that is with Thanksgiving in the mix

Wow that's a nice a turnaround time! But if the interview is just an info session, then why does it take them that long to make the decision? Cause they instructed for us to turn in vita before interview day anyways.
They consider your entire interview process finished after VITA and info session are done. I had my info session 11/18 and they said that our group would be reviewed early December (so I’m guessing they review candidates in cohorts based on their info session date). But I still haven’t heard back, which probably means that there was a delay due to Thanksgiving!

They consider your entire interview process finished after VITA and info session are done. I had my info session 11/18 and they said that our group would be reviewed early December (so I’m guessing they review candidates in cohorts based on their info session date). But I still haven’t heard back, which probably means that there was a delay due to Thanksgiving!
so there is no participatory activities at all in the info session? you literally just watch presentations?

so there is no participatory activities at all in the info session? you literally just watch presentations?
The first part is interactive in that everyone answers a fun question and the dean responds. Then throughout the rest of the session there are pauses for questions

II received today. Complete second week of September. Scheduled for early Jan. OOS, URM for some schools (Caucasian & puerto rican), average MCAT and GPA. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 9 users
I hope Wake is sending IIs in waves like they did with Rs :oops:

Reactions: 10 users
II received today. Complete second week of September. Scheduled for early Jan. OOS, URM for some schools (Caucasian & puerto rican), average MCAT and GPA. Good luck everyone!
Thanks so much for sharing, complete early October and was losing hope for a II. Good luck!

could you humor me with stats + is/oos? and congrats!!
Sure! OOS (but first 2 years of undergrad in NC idk if that made a difference as far as close ties), undergrad GPA: 3.0 :( grad GPA: 4.0 :) MCAT 507

But I don't know about you guys, WF's secondary was actually my favorite one. I felt like their questions were unique and brought out some stories I had yet to share in any others and I felt like their questions allowed me to show a well-rounded picture of myself. I was really really happy with how it came out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Thanks so much for sharing, complete early October and was losing hope for a II. Good luck!
hang in there! I thought I was really in trouble around a month ago. Luckily, things have changed big time since then!

Might be a dumb question but for those of you receiving ii’s now, did you already complete vita?

Might be a dumb question but for those of you receiving ii’s now, did you already complete vita?
No, I received an invite from another school but that interview isn't until Jan. 20th. So, I was gonna do it around then. But the WF Info session is next week (Dec. 17th) so I need to get on that ASAP!

No, I received an invite from another school but that interview isn't until Jan. 20th. So, I was gonna do it around then. But the WF Info session is next week (Dec. 17th) so I need to get on that ASAP!
there is only one option for the info session?

there is only one option for the info session?
No there were four but I don't remember the other dates. I know it definitely went until February, but I can't recall whether or not I saw dates past that.

Yes I completed VITA about a month ago. Coincidently, the interview for the school that requested it is the day after wake.

Anyone receive a II today? Dodged the last R wave, feeling very anxious seeing some people yesterday received.

Reactions: 11 users
Does anyone know if Wake sends out application decisions in order of info-session date? If so, what info-session date are we on for decisions?

Does anyone know if Wake sends out application decisions in order of info-session date? If so, what info-session date are we on for decisions?
They have been sending decisions on a couple info sessions at once.
Waiting on 11-18 and I think 11-12, idk about any after that