2020-2021 Missouri - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been to several; can confirm it is a BLAST.
Hell yeah. You a chiefs fan?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow! That is big time. Hope you get to go to Mizzou, you'd be 2 hours from HOME games. Super cool dude
Yeah for sure. I am from the Springfield area so I'd also get the huge benefit of being home for MS3 and MS4. Mizzou has always been my top choice, but opening the SGF Clinical Campus really cemented that for me.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So far it doesn't seem anyone has gotten any updates. We still have the afternoon, but since others have mentioned phone calls usually come in the morning and emails around noon, I'm wondering if we are on a Friday wave this month.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Missed a phone call just now!!!!

turns out it's a damn spam....

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I'm thinking Friday

• Dislike
  • Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone! Hopefully they start rolling out for you now!!!

• Love
Still waiting for the status unchanged email🥲

• Care
If we haven't gotten the status unchanged email yet maybe it means that all the calls haven't gone out yet?

At this point I just want March to be here so the final wave of acceptances comes in. But based on last year's SDN, many students were accepted from the top-third and even mid-third of the waitlist. Interviewed early December....nothing yet.

At this point I just want March to be here so the final wave of acceptances comes in. But based on last year's SDN, many students were accepted from the top-third and even mid-third of the waitlist. Interviewed early December....nothing yet.
Do you feel that no more acceptances will be given out for January or December interviewees until March again?

Do you feel that no more acceptances will be given out for January or December interviewees until March again?
Maybe, if you are on the top of the list. But, I feel like the bulk of it will come out around March. They only decide on like 10-15 students per month. The rest of the students are informed in Spring time. So basically ~40 students have already been accepted another ~100 will be informed later on and out of that a few students did not accept their offer and they choose another ~10-20 students from the waitlist.

The way I recall Blair explaining it is that the list is fluid and constantly changing, so when you interviewed is not very important. So let's say you interviewed in October and based on your interviews and apps, you were put at rank #30 on the list, a list which includes everyone who interviewed with you AND before you. Then November interviewees come along and let's say one of them was amazing so they got ranked #1. You are now rank #31 (assuming none of the other interviewees got ranked 2-30). Then they admit 10 people at the end of November, those ranked #1-#10. They also send out some rejections for people ranked in the bottom 10-15. Now, you're rank #21. Repeat with December's interviewees and so on. The list is never static and you're grouped with everyone, not just people you interviewed with or in the same month as. In March, they'll total seats available (128) minus current # of acceptances (~50) and admit that many people starting with rank #1. So probably ~70 or so people get admitted in March.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
The way I recall Blair explaining it is that the list is fluid and constantly changing, so when you interviewed is not very important. So let's say you interviewed in October and based on your interviews and apps, you were put at rank #30 on the list along with all the people who interviewed with you AND who interviewed before you. Then November interviewees come along and let's say one of them was amazing so they got ranked #1. You are now rank #31 (assuming none of the other interviewees got ranked 1-30). Then they admit 10 people at the end of November, those ranked #1-#10. They also send out some rejections for people ranked in the bottom 10-15. Now, you're rank #21. Repeat with December's interviewees and so on. The list is never static and you're grouped with everyone, not just people you interviewed with or in the same month as.
Yess! That too! So maybe we are not at the top of the list but hopefully, we are up high enough to get an acceptance by March haha.

The majority of applicants are accepted in March, don't lose hope! Although there is a possibility this "wAvE" could go into tomorrow since the status unchanged email hasn't gone out yet!

gotta confess I definitely cried on the phone when Blair called me so glad I got that embarrassing rite of passage out of the way

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
when did you interview? Same for me....
Mid-November!

Also I have not heard from any school I have interviewed at since September. Literally nothing. Maybe just a big wave of R's is coming my way in March

• Wow
Haven't spoken to anyone except Brooke with an update. Sans email, the wave can't be officially complete as of now. It's possible they're really being thoughtful about this last wave. I know it's probably grueling, but i believe in you guys!!

Well it's 5 PM and I assume staff is on their way out of the office for the day. Still no update email. I'm hoping we hear something tomorrow!

• Care
Another day boyz
I promised myself yesterday I was going to get Cheesecake Factory for dinner to celebrate/depression eat, no matter how the decision went. No decision meant no cheesecake.

I want cheesecake today, y'all.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
The way I recall Blair explaining it is that the list is fluid and constantly changing, so when you interviewed is not very important. So let's say you interviewed in October and based on your interviews and apps, you were put at rank #30 on the list, a list which includes everyone who interviewed with you AND before you. Then November interviewees come along and let's say one of them was amazing so they got ranked #1. You are now rank #31 (assuming none of the other interviewees got ranked 2-30). Then they admit 10 people at the end of November, those ranked #1-#10. They also send out some rejections for people ranked in the bottom 10-15. Now, you're rank #21. Repeat with December's interviewees and so on. The list is never static and you're grouped with everyone, not just people you interviewed with or in the same month as. In March, they'll total seats available (128) minus current # of acceptances (~50) and admit that many people starting with rank #1. So probably ~70 or so people get admitted in March.
I didn't realize they sent out rejections during these waves now I'm even more anxious lol. I botched one of my interviews so haven't been expecting anything til March but hoping I make it til then! Mizzou would be a dream, congrats to those that have been accepted so far!

I didn't realize they sent out rejections during these waves now I'm even more anxious lol. I botched one of my interviews so haven't been expecting anything til March but hoping I make it til then! Mizzou would be a dream, congrats to those that have been accepted so far!
I'm pretty sure Blair said they did send out a small number of rejections each month too, but I could totally be making that up or mixing it up with another school I applied at.

I'm pretty sure Blair said they did send out a small number of rejections each month too, but I could totally be making that up or mixing it up with another school I applied at.
Well whatever happens nothing I can do about it now but wait! I'll be baking the stress away in the meantime lol

• Care
I’m pretty sure I heard that no one gets rejected until the end of the cycle. Once they fill the class and the waitlist the remaining are rejected and since the list is dynamic they can’t really reject someone prematurely (unless they were being a jerk or something lol)

Unchanged 😔 hoping for the best but dreading to get that R in march
Let's not worry too much! We could be a classmate at another school if we get the R from Mizzou ;)

but let's seriously hope for the A!

• Care