2020-2021 Missouri - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I will literally pay you every week
No need. Baking is like my #1 calming activity. I love cake decorating too. Can't wait to share goodies with the PBL group!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I can't provide any detail due to the confidentiality agreement, but I would review over your primary and secondary applications, reflect on yourself on why you want to pursue medicine, why you may have had dips in GPA or MCAT, and study our current healthcare system (plus any flaws).
Also, I saw that you applied again this year. Did you change your secondaries or ask for different recommendations from professors? I'm trying to prepare for this cycle. it's my second cycle.....

Reactions: 1 users
Also, I saw that you applied again this year. Did you change your secondaries or ask for different recommendations from professors? I'm trying to prepare for this cycle. it's my second cycle.....
I retook my MCAT, started scribing, continued to volunteer and another volunteer at abroad. I also rewrote my personal statement as well as secondary essays. On the interview, you may want to have an idea of how you improved your application and yourself!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I will literally pay you every week

If accepted I will bring my dad's baking which can be anything, from: coconut cream pie, turtle cheesecake with an oreo crust, any kind of cheesecake, lava cakes, apple or zucchini pie, pecan pie, or even vegetables from our garden! yay maybe we can start up a little trading post ahaha

• Love
If accepted I will bring my dad's baking which can be anything, from: coconut cream pie, turtle cheesecake with an oreo crust, any kind of cheesecake, lava cakes, apple or zucchini pie, pecan pie, or even vegetables from our garden! yay maybe we can start up a little trading post ahaha
If accepted, I will eat those better than anyone. You can expect to make FAT STACK every week lmao

I retook my MCAT, started scribing, continued to volunteer and another volunteer at abroad. I also rewrote my personal statement as well as secondary essays. On the interview, you may want to have an idea of how you improved your application and yourself!
I'm not a re-applicant, but I agree with this advice about knowing how you improved. Overall, my interviews really seemed to care more about my narrative and getting to know me as a person, rather than grilling me on specific questions. So if you know yourself, your motivation behind wanting to pursue medicine, what you learned from your experiences and how they shaped who you are today, then you can pretty much answer anything they ask. It's very conversational.

Do you mind if I ask, did you improve your MCAT score? and if so, by how many points since the first cycle.... I'm weighing if it's worth it to retake. Best of luck to you!! Thanks for your help. Also, are you IS or OOS? Did you apply to UMKC as well? Do you have any advice on UMKC admissions/what they look for?

Im a reapplicant too and did all of these things. I’m glad I did because my whole interview was centered around why I didn’t get accepted last year and how I improved myself for this cycle.

II just now. OOS no ties, complete end of Sept. Will decline invite, hope it goes to one of you!

• Care
Good news: I have a friend interviewing today. They were told they will hear back by Friday, as January acceptances have not been completed yet. Best of luck, friends! See you in MS1 😁

• Love
Do you mind if I ask, did you improve your MCAT score? and if so, by how many points since the first cycle.... I'm weighing if it's worth it to retake. Best of luck to you!! Thanks for your help. Also, are you IS or OOS? Did you apply to UMKC as well? Do you have any advice on UMKC admissions/what they look for?
I did improve my MCAT by 4 points. As long as you can show that you can improve your score, then it proves that you can withstand the hard works. I am IS and I also interviewed last year which did not result in acceptance. They were kind enough to offer me an interview this year again. I unfortunately don't have enough info on UMKC, but I know they require cell bio as one of their pre-reqs.

Also, for those of you wanting to get on the goodie train, hmu and I'll add accepted students to a group snap. In contact with a couple others and were hoping for good news tomorrow!

Collaboration and friendship are super important going in. So if you're all about the sweet treats & good vibes, let's connect!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
We are all about to gain SO much weight if people here all get in. I volunteer to wear the Santa costume in 2021.

• Haha
If accepted, I will eat those better than anyone. You can expect to make FAT STACK every week lmao
I hope you realize if you're all accepted, we're gonna find ourselves sitting criss cross applesauce somewhere, slowly lulling ourselves into a sugar coma. And as long as it's on our free week, I am GAME

Anyone know when the application for scholarships comes out? I asked the financial aid office, and they just said "soon" with a deadline of April 1st? Do they make scholarship decisions (and/or present your financial aid package) in time for you to make a school decision by April 30th?

Anyone know when the application for scholarships comes out? I asked the financial aid office, and they just said "soon" with a deadline of April 1st? Do they make scholarship decisions (and/or present your financial aid package) in time for you to make a school decision by April 30th?
I was given the impression during my interview that those decisions would be made before that April 30th deadline

I hope you realize if you're all accepted, we're gonna find ourselves sitting criss cross applesauce somewhere, slowly lulling ourselves into a sugar coma. And as long as it's on our free week, I am GAME

Y'all are funny. I mean eating is probably my favorite hobby so.... I am SO GAME

• Haha
Y'all are funny. I mean eating is probably my favorite hobby so.... I am SO GAME
Youre gonna meet your match. COVID has only made me snack ever harder. I've never been proud of that until this convo lol

• Haha
Actual footage of me sitting at my desk today hitting refresh on my email 😬

1611851303544.png

• Haha
  • Love
That hasn't stopped me from turning my phone's notification volume on high at 6 AM
lmaooo I came into work at 6 AM today and had my email and SDN on since then
Best of luck to all of us!

• Care
Don’t they call you if you get accepted? And only email if u are on standby?
Yeah. Got my A this month before the wave. They called at 1015 but since i missed it, they emailed a between 12 and 1. That being said, since I wasn't in the wave, it may not be the typical experience.

Anyone who gets an A and wants to be in a cohort snap, hit me up. Forming as soon as someone else I know gets their A.

Best of luck to you all. Please update us!

Yeah. Got my A this month before the wave. They called at 1015 but since i missed it, they emailed a between 12 and 1. That being said, since I wasn't in the wave, it may not be the typical experience.
i wanna ride the wave so bad

I'm serious guys. I will host a zoom session for anyone who wants to celebrate (or needs a pick me up) tonight lol

• Care
I'm prepared as well.

Pink moscato for an A. Bud light for a W. Vodka for an R.
By the way, are you a Dallas Cowboys fan? Because if you are and are from Missouri, A or not let's go to the Chiefs game next year!

By the way, are you a Dallas Cowboys fan? Because if you are and are from Missouri, A or not let's go to the Chiefs game next year!
The signed Mahomes jersey hanging above my desk speaks for itself haha. I’m also heading back to Missouri (currently physically in Texas) just for the Super Bowl because my family are such big KC fans.

• Love
The signed Mahomes jersey hanging above my desk speaks for itself haha. I’m also heading back to Missouri (currently physically in Texas) just for the Super Bowl because my family are such big KC fans.

Wow! That is big time. Hope you get to go to Mizzou, you'd be 2 hours from HOME games. Super cool dude

• Love
you have good taste. a cabernet sauvignon or a nice Missouri Norton for me!
Huge fan of cabs, lagers, whiskeys, and soju. Ill introduce everyone to my home collection lmaooo

• Love
Huge fan of cabs, lagers, whiskeys, and soju. Ill introduce everyone to my home collection lmaooo
I'm glad we're all being so communal with consumable items lol. I will have a house and host social gatherings, usually with stuff on the higher content % level though 😅

• Love