2020-2021 Missouri, Kansas City

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Cool. If anyone knows for sure they dont want their acceptance when they get one please please please let the school now asap so maybe waitlist people can have a chance :) tehehe

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone else been checking their email like every 10 minutes too??

also, if accepted, does anyone know if we get to have like a choice in what campus (kansas city or st. joseph) we’d like to study at? just curious on how thats gonna work for potentially accepted peeps..

Reactions: 1 users
just got the email- there are no more interview spots. i was on the WL. im sad

Members don't see this ad :)
I cannot STOP checking my email. Does anyone know how many spots are available and how many people interviewed?

Reactions: 1 user
I believe they interviewed about 120 people for 40 spots (assuming they got approved for the new campus).

Was waitlisted, then rejected.
T10 Undergrad school - Engineering + Business/Statistics. 519 MCAT. 3.60 c, 3.70 science. ORM, OOS.

• Sad
Was waitlisted, then rejected.
T10 Undergrad school - Engineering + Business/Statistics. 519 MCAT. 3.60 c, 3.70 science. ORM, OOS.
TBH you are "overqualified" for UMKC and they didn't think you would attend if accepted. It's a dance between applying to schools you look good to but also not too good. There's a difference between safety schools and school you are too far above their means

Just got an email that says they are approved for BOTH campuses and to fill out a form to express my interest in one or both campuses. No acceptance yet, though.

Just got an email that says they are approved for BOTH campuses and to fill out a form to express my interest in one or both campuses. No acceptance yet, though.
Doesn't that mean we are technically accepted but they are just placing us into specific campuses?

Doesn't that mean we are technically accepted but they are just placing us into specific campuses?
I also got this email, but I am curious if everyone who interviewed got this email as well. If not, then I'd be leaning towards saying it is an acceptance? The waiting game continues o_O

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the same message. I think it's saying that they will decide who they accept based on our responses. Either way, the email was incredibly vague and gave us hardly any information.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how long we have to officially accept an offer to matriculate? I know they said 14 days, but for other schools, don't you also have 14 days to submit a payment to reserve your seat, and then have until April to make your official selection? When is the official selection deadline for UMKC?

Man - two rejections from my alma mater in one day! Lucky me...

i just got an email saying there was a typo in the reject letter they sent me yesterday, and the updated letter is the same rejection letter. so. idk what is going on

i just got an email saying there was a typo in the reject letter they sent me yesterday, and the updated letter is the same rejection letter. so. idk what is going on

The first one said “physician assistant” instead of “physician” at the end of the first paragraph.

Yall think admissions decisions will be sent out sometime this week??

Really hoping to hear something soon!

I'm sorry-I'm sure you are an awesome candidate and will get in somewhere soon!!
haha thank you so much for your kindness! you too! i hope everyone here gets accepted somewhere. i just really want my state school to look at me (im from IL) . so ya :)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard anything yet? Or do anyone have any predictions on when we will hear anything? Lol I’m grasping at straws here

Has anyone heard anything yet? Or do anyone have any predictions on when we will hear anything? Lol I’m grasping at straws here
Same here. I was really hoping today would be the day. Now, I just hope we will hear back by the end of the week.

Nope, haven't heard anything yet.

nothing yet :( they might be delayed because of COVID stuff?

nothing yet :( they might be delayed because of COVID stuff?
Probably. Also, could be because they just received approval for 20 more seats, and the deadline for applicants to submit their campus selection was this Monday. Understandably, that is a lot to process and a lot of applicants to review. Hoping for some good news!

guys, UMKC has been sending emails at the end of the day. around 5 or 6 pm. so hold tight

guys, UMKC has been sending emails at the end of the day. around 5 or 6 pm. so hold tight
Oh really? That is reassuring. Would you mind sharing how you know this information?
I tried to look for the time stamps in previous years' threads and there were none. Only found one person in 2014 thread saying they got an email around 1:45pm, and another person in 2017 thread saying they got an email around 12:20pm.

Oh really? That is reassuring. Would you mind sharing how you know this information?
I tried to look for the time stamps in previous years' threads and there were none. Only found one person in 2014 thread saying they got an email around 1:45pm, and another person in 2017 thread saying they got an email around 12:20pm.
no i dont know this as a fact. but from getting admission updates from UMKC they usually send them in the evening. im just suggesting an idea

Just to give some perspective, I received my acceptance email from UMKC the evening of Oct 30th the year I was accepted (also wasn't wait-listed or anything). But who knows what time of day they will come! This year has been quite the rollercoaster.

• Care
Waitlisted as well. Does anyone know how often people get off the waitlist?

• Care
Lol, waitlist squad!

• Care
Accepted! From those who got accepted, which campus did you get in? Anyone going to St. Joseph?

I don't know how often, but from the previous threads on UMKC that I saw, I saw that quite a few people did get acceptances from the waitlist. Best of luck to everyone!

A lot of schools say usually the top 1/3 get off, the middle 1/3 is up in the air, and the bottom 1/3 usually don’t. But schools don’t disclose their waitlist ranking, so it’s impossible to tell.

Waitlisted. Congrats to those who got the A, tho!!

• Care