2021-2022 Missouri, Kansas City

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the R. Rip

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
II! IS, GPA 3. 76, MCAT 522

Members don't see this ad :)
IS II just now! So excited. I am a second time applicant and got a rejection without interview last time. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
INTERVIEW WL.

3.9X 515 URM OOS (not that weird OOS but surrounding area OOS), was def expecting R. domestic partner is Missouri resident.

INTERVIEW WL.

3.9X 515 URM OOS (not that weird OOS but surrounding area OOS), was def expecting R. domestic partner is Missouri resident.
literally got the interview tdoday. Florida resident so wish me luck homies ....

Reactions: 1 users
Interview WL, OOS.

@JHon1 is interview waitlist movement substantial?
It can vary substantially. I will say that my year did not see any.. but there have been many changes since the MD-only class size was increased with the Saint Joseph campus. Part of the issue is that so many candidates need to decide on UMKC before they hear back from other schools. This is due to the January start date and it works against II waitlists.

Good luck to everyone with interviews this week! Post updates pls

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
@JHon1 Do students in the MD program graduate in the spring (i.e. in 3.5 years)?

It is four years, and you will graduate in December. So you will be with the rest of the students who applied this cycle for the match but will start 6 months earlier and end 6 months earlier. This is pretty nice actually. You have an extra six months over other students on aways and you have six months off to move and such at the end before residency.

You could choose to graduate in Summer with the others and drop leaves of absence for six months through the blocks if you wish. Most do not, as it includes an additional semester of loans, but it is an option to take a vacation or have more time for electives.

Last edited:
I was actually waitlisted after the interview and received my acceptance about 1 month after interviewing. I received my waitlist 13 days after the interview.

Students will typically be given 2 weeks max to decide whether to attend and withdraw all other applications. So you generally see a large amount of waitlist movement in this time, at least a large percentage fo the waitlist movement that there will be.

I don't let it bother me ever. Catch me skating along with whatever I get, as long as it is passing.

I have not matched yet, so take it with a grain of salt, but I just do not care anymore. My goal is to make it through with my mental health intact. That means family time, time with my SO, and time not studying. All three are mandatory for me.

Grades are glanced at, but I don't think it will make the difference very often with match programs. STEP 2 scores, rotation scores, letters of rec, volunteering, research. These are the things that stand out in most fields.

The bottom line is an A at one school does not translate into an A at another school and PDs do not usually know what to do with that.

Do I wish it was P/F???? YES. If I had another acceptance with P/F would I have gone there?? Would have depended on cost. UMKC is much cheaper for in state than most other schools. That was more important than P/F to me.

My one caveat to that is you do need a 2.8 minimum to promote each year. That means you usually need a B average with a few Cs, whereas at P/F schools it is actually fine to get that 70 in every class. Any other questions on how the P/F feels or works??

When is everyone's interview scheduled?? Any day now right?

Congrats to everyone here on getting through interviews! Hope you guys crushed them!

Also, for anyone else anxiously waiting, previous years' decision dates (based on old SDN threads):

2020/21: 11/06
2019/20: 10/30
2018/19: 10/31
2017/18: 11/03

Reactions: 3 users
@JHon1 Any insider info on when admissions decisions might be released?
Generally it’s two weeks after interviewing! I’d expect it end of this week or next week.

The die has been cast at this point. Everything you could do, you have now done. Good luck and don’t super stress.

• Care
WL as well. Not really sure how much waitlist movement happens from previous threads, we'll see!

WL as well. Not really sure how much waitlist movement happens from previous threads, we'll see!
hey y’all!! i’m a student at the st. joseph campus and quite a few of us matriculated from WL (at least 4 that i know of, myself included).

Reactions: 4 users
To accept the waitlist position, do we reply to the message on the portal or is there something else?

To accept the waitlist position, do we reply to the message on the portal or is there something else?
Also wondering this. I will call this morning when the Office of Admissions opens.

Tried calling a minute ago and they went straight to voicemail. Must not be answering phone calls rn. I replied to the message in the student portal and will let you guys know if they tell me anything else!

Email update (think everyone got this one): there was an issue with the portal that they're currently trying to fix. Currently, they're assuming that everyone with a WL offer has accepted unless otherwise noted.

Received an acceptance yesterday! Is anyone part of the groupme yet?

Congrats to all the A's in the thread!

• Care
Accepted from the WL this morning!

Accepted from WL last night, accepted offer this morning!