2019-2020 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was accepted today as well :)!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations everybody!! Is there any way we can get confirmation when/if all of the first 16 have been called? @adcom101 @D.Y.

Last edited:
Congratulations everybody!! Is there any way we can get confirmation when/if all of the first 16 have been called? @adcom101 @D.Y.
lol fam I'm on winter vacation right now I have no idea. sorry I couldn't be of more help!

For those who have been accepted, do you remember the dates we were given for the second look day?

For those of you who have already interviewed, did you sign up for the special meeting with students after the wrap-up? would you recommend it?

For those of you who have already interviewed, did you sign up for the special meeting with students after the wrap-up? would you recommend it?

I didn’t - i felt like all my questions had already been answered throughout the day

Reactions: 1 user
congrats all! just waiting for my R/WL, do we think it'll come before the new year?
I'm in the same boat still. Has anyone gotten a post II R or WL yet? Also has anyone's portal been updated?

I'm in the same boat still. Has anyone gotten a post II R or WL yet? Also has anyone's portal been updated?

From my understanding of the process, they rank all interviewees and accept them in order. They accepted 16 people so far and then will accept another 16 around march for the class of 32. Then, when one person decides to commit somewhere other than CCLCM, they go to #33 on the list and so on. For that reason I dont think you'll hear a decision until the spring...i could be wrong though.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any tips for the interview here, is it harder compared to other schools? As in well they dissect your research since they are such a research intensive program?

Anyone have any tips for the interview here, is it harder compared to other schools? As in well they dissect your research since they are such a research intensive program?

Be prepared for a few behavioral questions - the answer you give is not as important as your reasoning and the way you respond!
Know your research well, they do not necessarily grill you.
Show your personality and how you thrive in groups (this is important).
Be comfortable talking about your weaknesses and how you've addressed them.
Be nice to everyone.
During the group session, do NOT try to outshine others. Have a nice conversation.

Reactions: 3 users
Anybody have an idea around how many kids they interview for the 32 spots, like what kind of post-II acceptance rate can we expect

Anybody have an idea around how many kids they interview for the 32 spots, like what kind of post-II acceptance rate can we expect

This is the data from 2018, but still gives a general idea about what you are asking! Fingers crossed everybody!

for those of you who've been accepted, did you send an update letter or a letter of intent after your interview? Would you recommend it?

for those of you who've been accepted, did you send an update letter or a letter of intent after your interview? Would you recommend it?

Sent an update letter post-interview including a publication. I'm not sure if it helped though!

Hello! Just wanted to ask, is there any other reason a PI is called other than for acceptance? It seems like all of the posts by @adcom101 refer to PIs being called if the applicant is accepted, but I wasn't sure if that was the case or not. Thanks for the input and best of luck everyone :)

Hello! Just wanted to ask, is there any other reason a PI is called other than for acceptance? It seems like all of the posts by @adcom101 refer to PIs being called if the applicant is accepted, but I wasn't sure if that was the case or not. Thanks for the input and best of luck everyone :)

From a direct message with @adcom101 :

"PIs are called to assess a candidate’s level of involvement in the lab that is not related to forthcoming acceptance call from Dr. Warren."

Anyone have an idea of how many they accept for the 32 spots? I would imagine they have a pretty high yield, but could also see kids choosing other top schools over CCLCM often

Anyone have an idea of how many they accept for the 32 spots? I would imagine they have a pretty high yield, but could also see kids choosing other top schools over CCLCM often

Likely 50-60 students. I don't believe the school has provided exact numbers on this point.

high 40s , low 50s .. there was one year that 90% everyone accepted but they had sent out acceptances to more than 32 so that's why they no longer send more than 32

Do thank you letters or a letter or interest make a difference for admissions at this school post-interview?
I know Mayo has a smaller class and encourages LOIs

Do thank you letters or a letter or interest make a difference for admissions at this school post-interview?
I know Mayo has a smaller class and encourages LOIs

I submitted one, but it contained a substantial update!

anyone know when the next ranking meeting is? they mentioned February but not sure if it would be the beginning or end of the month??

• Hmm
anyone know when the next ranking meeting is? they mentioned February but not sure if it would be the beginning or end of the month??
Unfortunately, I think it's at the very end of the month :/ But anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!!

Anyone else receive the post-interview survey this morning?

Yeah, I also would like to know when the next ranking meeting is! The past two years it has been at the end of February, but the year before that it was in early February. Anyone know how far into February the interviews go?

Yeah, I also would like to know when the next ranking meeting is! The past two years it has been at the end of February, but the year before that it was in early February. Anyone know how far into February the interviews go?

1/27 was the last interview date for CCLCM.

From a direct message with @adcom101 :

"PIs are called to assess a candidate’s level of involvement in the lab that is not related to forthcoming acceptance call from Dr. Warren."
Just to add to that - do they call everyone’s PI who interviewed? Or is it just candidates they’re interested in?

also would now be a good time to send a LOI/update letter ?

edit: sorry meant to say “do they call everyone’s PI who they’re really interested in after interviewing”

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just to add to that - do they call everyone’s PI who interviewed? Or is it just candidates they’re interested in?

also would now be a good time to send a LOI/update letter ?

edit: sorry meant to say “do they call everyone’s PI who they’re really interested in after interviewing”

I think the calls go to everyone who is highly ranked in their list of prospective acceptees. In terms of sending in a letter, I would first recommend finding out whether or not the final committee meeting has been held yet. If it has already been held, your decision has already been made and sending them a letter will likely not make much of a difference (they would probably have to reconvene the committee which is not a likely possibility). Otherwise, you can just wait for the March (?) decisions before sending in the update!

Has anyone on here reported a PI being called without ultimately being accepted?

M1 here, if anyone has any questions about the school while making their decisions feel free to pm me.

Reactions: 5 users
Thanks for this info! @adcom101 would you possibly be able to share the date of the February ranking meeting?

2/4 was second ranking meeting so second round of acceptances should be receiving calls soon. Please post if your the second 16 accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
M1 here, if anyone has any questions about the school while making their decisions feel free to pm me.
I am classmates with freedoctor17 and would be willing to answer any questions as well :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got the call from Dr. Warren!! So excited!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Me too!!! I couldn't be more excited :) I can't wait to meet my new classmates!!!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

I am classmates with freedoctor17 and would be willing to answer any questions as well :)

I'll just pose my question here since it's more general.

With the USMLE Step 1 moving towards P/F, how do you think that'll affect the curriculum? For example, one aspect of this school that I found really attractive was the non-graded clinical rotations. Do you think CCLCM will shift back towards an H/HP/P/F clinicals in order to add an extra element of differentiation for applicants? Will this change the timing of when we take the exams since more emphasis will obviously be placed on Step 2CK?

Thanks! I look forward to meeting you both on SL :happy:

Also, congrats to all accepted!!

They don't make all 16 calls in one day. For the first wave, it was done over the course of about a week
Have they called all the PIs for the second 16 acceptances? Congrats to all that got accepteddd