2020-2021 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II!!!!! Complete July 30, I was rejected from Case like a month ago so wasn't expecting an interview. Super excited!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
7/17. Does anyone know what the post-II acceptance rate is for this program?

No posted post-II acceptance data, but can probably use a rough assumption of 1.5x-2x acceptances per seat. So maybe 50-75 acceptances out of 252 interviews. This would put them on-par with a school like Mayo that hovers around ~20%.
1603484637179.png

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today, complete 7/30 Lizzy M 77, Self-Nominated For Nobel, Makes Excellent Chicken Soup, Hasn't Wet The Bed Since 12 Years Old

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
II today, complete 7/30 Lizzy M 77, Self-Nominated For Nobel, Makes Excellent Chicken Soup, Hasn't Wet The Bed Since 12 Years Old

Hopefully they look past my bed wet of 2014, it was a one time mistake I promise.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully they look past my bed wet of 2014, it was a one time mistake I promise.
I would send an update letter, letting them know the specific steps you took to overcome this challenge and how you grew from the experience. I would also recommend a catchy subject line such as "From Golden Sheets to Golden Applicant."

To people who have already interviewed - were you given the names of interviewers in advance?

Yes, shows up in web interview tab

Thanks for responding. Do you know how many days before the actual interview it was updated? I have mine coming up on Monday but my "Your interview day" tab still doesn't have the zoom link/interviewers posted

Thanks for responding. Do you know how many days before the actual interview it was updated? I have mine coming up on Monday but my "Your interview day" tab still doesn't have the zoom link/interviewers posted
If I remember correctly mine was like a week before but I am sure it is variable as they try to find people who's schedules don't conflict

Mine was only about 2 days before but that have been because I was early in the cycle so they were working through the kinks

Got the II! Submitted the secondary on 8/15

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They actually only accept 32 people! They pull from the waitlist as needed. This is according to their All Access podcast.

Good point. But I think felly was looking for a rough estimate of total acceptances, which could be fair to put at 1.5x the seats.

Reactions: 1 user
Good point. But I think felly was looking for a rough estimate of total acceptances, which could be fair to put at 1.5x the seats.

During the interview day they told us in the past year they've pulled anywhere from 8-18 people from the waitlist. So they have accepted anywhere from 40-50 people total.

Hi all! So I just received an email for a "phone interview" with an adcom to learn more about md before deciding whether or not to invite me to formally interview.

Has this happened to anyone? Not sure what to make of it or what they would ask...

Hi all! So I just received an email for a "phone interview" with an adcom to learn more about md before deciding whether or not to invite me to formally interview.

Has this happened to anyone? Not sure what to make of it or what they would ask...
About md like what a medical degree is or a typo and you meant to say “me”? This is the first I’ve heard of them doing something like that but must mean they’re considering you at the very least!

About md like what a medical degree is or a typo and you meant to say “me”? This is the first I’ve heard of them doing something like that but must mean they’re considering you at the very least!

Sorry, typo I meant "me".

Yeah I have of heard of them doing this either! They provided me with the email of the adcom to schedule a phone interview. I'm glad they are considering me obviously, but not sure what to expect or how prep to secure an actual ii

And I still have note heard back from the university program.

Was complete late August

Sorry, typo I meant "me".

Yeah I have of heard of them doing this either! They provided me with the email of the adcom to schedule a phone interview. I'm glad they are considering me obviously, but not sure what to expect or how prep to secure an actual ii

And I still have note heard back from the university program.

Was complete late August
I'm curious did your portal change at all to show a "web interview" tab? Nevertheless I interviewed last month and they do a great job at making you feel welcomed and valued so I can't imagine your phone interview will be any less than that so congrats! :)

I'm curious did your portal change at all to show a "web interview" tab? Nevertheless I interviewed last month and they do a great job at making you feel welcomed and valued so I can't imagine your phone interview will be any less than that so congrats! :)

No my portal did not change.

I am glad I'm being considered, I just find it odd that I have been unable to find anyone else who has been asked for a phone interview...

II earlier today! LM 80 complete 7/21. Many available dates in January

• Love
For everyone who's gotten IIs, have people generally also been getting university program IIs?

II earlier today as well. Complete early Aug.

Last edited:
Just found an II from last night in my spam! LM 78 OOS complete mid July.

Very surprised, I didn't think I met their standards for research (about ~1000 hours across two labs during uni, but not very productive no posters/pubs/awards)
Congrats! They only “require” 400

Could anyone who has already interviewed tell us whether interviews are open or closed file? I cannot find this info anywhere for some reason

Is there still no one here that has been offered a phone interview prior to an actual II? I will be having a phone interview soon and cannot find any information about it. Am I the only one? Lol

Is there still no one here that has been offered a phone interview prior to an actual II? I will be having a phone interview soon and cannot find any information about it. Am I the only one? Lol
Saw reports of phone interviews last year but the ones I saw turned into R’s unfortunately

Saw reports of phone interviews last year but the ones I saw turned into R’s unfortunately
Ahh, well I guess it's up to me to break that cycle! Lol. Hoping to turn it into a II

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
End of the month to early January. The first ranking meeting was today. Good luck and don't let refreshing SDN ruin your Winter break like I did! ;)
Thank you for sharing that! Could applicants who interviewed in late November be hearing around then as well?

Thank you for sharing that! Could applicants who interviewed in late November be hearing around then as well?
The last committee meeting was the week before Thanksgiving, so I would say if you interviewed after the 19th, you probably were not considered at this meeting. Also, they only send out acceptances for the first 16 spots in this first round, so if you did not hear back that does NOT mean you are waitlisted, you could simply be in the next 16 (depending on how other peoples interviews go of course!).

Submitted late August and still waiting :(

The last committee meeting was the week before Thanksgiving, so I would say if you interviewed after the 19th, you probably were not considered at this meeting. Also, they only send out acceptances for the first 16 spots in this first round, so if you did not hear back that does NOT mean you are waitlisted, you could simply be in the next 16 (depending on how other peoples interviews go of course!).
Thank you so much for telling us about that!

How many meetings do they typically have a cycle? And how many acceptance do they give out to fill the 32 seats?

RIP. Pre-II R. Complete 9/15. At least there's still the UP.

• Care