2020-2021 Charles R Drew @ UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the post interview acceptance rate for IS applicants, pretty high at this school?

I was planning on sending a letter of intent if I end up being WL'd
When I asked they said that their WL is internal, so applicants won't actually know if they are on the waitlist or just waiting to hear back. I'd say just go for it and send the update, since they do welcome updates :) (just my humble opinion though!) Best of luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
When I asked they said that their WL is internal, so applicants won't actually know if they are on the waitlist or just waiting to hear back. I'd say just go for it and send the update, since they do welcome updates :) (just my humble opinion though!) Best of luck!!
Do you think a grade update is worthy of an update? I only took one class this past semester that wasn't on my primary application.

How would you guys rate your anxiety on a scale from 1 to 10 while waiting lol. I think I'm a constant 8 to 10
Honestly 1. :) the way I view everything is if I get into this school and end up choosing this school, then I'm meant to be here. Of course, I totally understand why some other people would be anxious if this is their only interview. Everybody is different. :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Honestly 1. :) the way I view everything is if I get into this school and end up choosing this school, then I'm meant to be here. Of course, I totally understand why some other people would be anxious if this is their only interview. Everybody is different. :)
Regardless of my other interviews/A's, this was the only school that virtually made me feel like it would be a great fit for me. So it's my top choice and that itself causes me a lot of anxiety since there is always uncertainty of an II turning into an A

• Care
Stoked (but anxious) for next week!!
Same! I’ll take this time to remind myself and everyone else to be kind to yourself during this stressful cycle! Acknowledge that uncertainty and rejection are extremely anxiety-inducing and difficult, but, no matter what, don’t let them consume you! Try to engage in something that you sincerely enjoy, can easily distract you, and/or improves your well-being! You are more than your career 💙

Reactions: 5 users
Do you think a grade update is worthy of an update? I only took one class this past semester that wasn't on my primary application.
I don't think it would hurt at all! They'll add the grade to your file :) But also just my opinion!

Hi first post on SDN! I sent an update letter following the interview but never got a response back. I've called and emailed the office to confirm that they got it but to no avail. Anyone else in this position? Thanks!

Hi first post on SDN! I sent an update letter following the interview but never got a response back. I've called and emailed the office to confirm that they got it but to no avail. Anyone else in this position? Thanks!
Sadly, they are horrible at responding to emails or phone calls.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! Anyone have updates on when we are supposed to hear back? I have seen Feb 1, but I think last year they gave calls out on a friday

Hi all! Any have updates on when we are supposed to hear back? I have seen Feb 1, but last year I think they gave calls out on a friday
From what I have seen on here, people have said Feb 1st. It would be a great surprise if we found out tomorrow though!

Nice! So this means we also get two different white coats?
Yes, in the pre-interview videos they discuss this. 2 graduations, 2 different white coats, etc. You are truly a dually enrolled student

Is the pre-matriculation program mandatory or is it optional? I just re-watched the pre-interview videos and she did not mention if it was mandatory or not. If it is mandatory, does anyone know the dates this would start?

Is tomorrow really when they’re going to release decisions? So nervous!!!

Is tomorrow really when they’re going to release decisions? So nervous!!!
I hope so! They have had a lot of time to make their decisions, so it shouldn't be too far out to expect to see As going out tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 users
I hope so! They have had a lot of time to make their decisions, so it shouldn't be too far out to expect to see As going out tomorrow.
I wonder if they’re release everything tomorrow (A, R, WLs)

tomorrow will either be the best day or the worst day and I’m ready for it hahaha

I wonder if they’re release everything tomorrow (A, R, WLs)

tomorrow will either be the best day or the worst day and I’m ready for it hahaha
In anticipation of tomorrow, the past week or so I have been researching the past 2-3 cycles. They don't seem to give all A's out on the first day (usually, who knows what they will do tomorrow) and somewhere on one of the threads it said that they don't reject anyone interviewed. Anyone who has interviewed is automatically waitlisted if not initially accepted.

I wish that they did a ranked waitlist though.

Reactions: 1 users
In anticipation of tomorrow, the past week or so I have been researching the past 2-3 cycles. They don't seem to give all A's out on the first day (usually, who knows what they will do tomorrow) and somewhere on one of the threads it said that they don't reject anyone interviewed. Anyone who has interviewed is automatically waitlisted if not initially accepted.

I wish that they did a ranked waitlist though.
When you viewed past threads, were As sent out on Feb 1st??

So is Feb 1st not a sure thing?
Well people from the January interview stated that in their interview the Feb 1st date was still dropped (same date drop for my interview in December). So I am hoping that some decisions get made tomorrow :)

Well people from the January interview stated that in their interview the Feb 1st date was still dropped (same date drop for my interview in December). So I am hoping that some decisions get made tomorrow :)
Fingers crossed!

Hoping for some good news today!

EDIT: Just FYI, last year, calls went out on Jan 31st.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Well, I guess they meant the first week of February, not Feb 1st! Unless some people heard back that we don’t know of

I was a part of the last interview group and from what I heard they are aiming to send out decisions in February but she did mention it could possibly be March. Just wanted to throw that out there for those who are anxiously waiting. Hopefully it is sooner than later though!

• Wow
I was a part of the last interview group and from what I heard they are aiming to send out decisions in February but she did mention it could possibly be March. Just wanted to throw that out there for those who are anxiously waiting. Hopefully it is sooner than later though!
March?? i can't 😭

Reactions: 1 users
How I feel
1612576263408.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Really thought we would have heard back this week

• Sad
Rejection - primary complete 10/13 (delayed MCAT).

Last edited: