2020-2021 Charles R Drew @ UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are all these Rs pre-II Rs?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
They out here ruining weekends now huh?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
From last year's thread:

First R (pre-secondary) post - Wed, Dec 18, 2019
First A post - Fri, Jan 31, 2020

In last year's thread, as well, someone posted that they were told they would hear back around late Jan to Feb

I guess it's possible we have a long wait so don't get your hopes up just yet! :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I completed a secondary but haven't received an "R". So, am I crazy to still have hope for a potential, future interview? Just being hopeful... And kinda crazy lol

I completed a secondary but haven't received an "R". So, am I crazy to still have hope for a potential, future interview? Just being hopeful... And kinda crazy lol
someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they are completely done interviewing as of 01/16. I think they interviewed every 16th from September up to January.

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they are completely done interviewing as of 01/16. I think they interviewed every 16th from September up to January.
Yea, but initially they were only interviewing through December and release decisions in January. Never know

lol exactly how I'm feeling! Hope is all we have!

Reactions: 1 user
Who thinks they will start sending out As this upcoming week?? I am so ready to hear back!

i'm sorry but 01/16 is the LAST interview date. I was interviewed and the director of admissions told me that. They extended the interview process to one extra date , which is 01/16.

just got the pre-II R as well at around 9 PM ET. good luck to everyone!

Yea, but initially they were only interviewing through December and release decisions in January. Never know
1612720450235.png

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
i'm sorry but 01/16 is the LAST interview date. I was interviewed and the director of admissions told me that. They extended the interview process to one extra date , which is 01/16.
I have hope until they give me that rejection letter. Lol. From my experience with admissions directors and the actual admissions committee, they aren't necessarily on one accord ijs. Call me a fool, it's cool

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Let us not be delusional lmao. I finished the secondary but no "R" yet. I think they are probably doing it in waves. Pre secondary Rs first and then Rs for those that completed secondaries (post-secondary Rs) next. They usually stop in Dec, but extended things to Jan this year. Plus, they interview hundreds of people for like 28 spots. More than enough people to choose from.

• Haha
Let us not be delusional lmao. I finished the secondary but no "R" yet. I think they are probably doing it in waves. Pre secondary Rs first and then Rs for those that completed secondaries (post-secondary Rs) next. They usually stop in Dec, but extended things to Jan this year. Plus, they interview hundreds of people for like 28 spots. More than enough people to choose from.
1612722261775.png

• Haha
im not crazy big bang theory GIF

Were you able to get through by phone call? Or is that just what they said during the interview?
received similar information. it appears they might still be working on decisions since I believe they are considering MCAT scores taken in January.

received similar information. it appears they might still be working on decisions since I believe they are considering MCAT scores taken in January.
I never received any of this information. During my interview, they said they would let us know about decisions in January

I think it just depends on when you interviewed. I was also told February but it seemed less likely once January MCAT scores were going to be considered (due to turnaround time). Some of these decisions were made by the school along the way and as the pandemic went on. I was given this information by someone who deals with the admission process.

I think it just depends on when you interviewed. I was also told February but it seemed less likely once January MCAT scores were going to be considered (due to turnaround time). Some of these decisions were made by the school along the way and as the pandemic went on. I was given this information by someone who deals with the admission process.
Do they have an exact day on when they will start calling people?

Do they have an exact day on when they will start calling people?
No, that was not provided. However, the person made it seem like the admissions committee is still going to meet this month. A good amount of this new information was also available through the AAMC Virtual Conferences that were held where schools sent their admission representatives. I would just be patient. Hopefully we hear back before the month is over.

I’ve also heard we will find out closer to March.

How great it would be if we got calls today, before the 3 day weekend.

Hope we hear back soon! This is my top choice and my last chance for this cycle, so the stress has x10 recently lol

I hope we hear back soon, this is my top choice!! I feel like I lose hope with each day that passes :(

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I hope we hear back soon, this is my top choice!! I feel like I lose hope with each day that passes :(
I get you. I am on the same boat. I have a feeling they might release the first few acceptances next week. Or at least I hope they do.

• Care
I get you. I am on the same boat. I have a feeling they might release the first few acceptances next week. Or at least I hope they do.
Don’t they release all of their A’s in one day? At least that’s what I gathered from the previous years.

Don’t they release all of their A’s in one day? At least that’s what I gathered from the previous years.
That sounds realistic. There are less than 30 acceptances, right? If that's the case, 30 calls all on the same day sounds doable.

That sounds realistic. There are less than 30 acceptances, right? If that's the case, 30 calls all on the same day sounds doable.
Yeah, I think it's possible to do it all in one day. However, I have heard some people got accepted on different days. Some didn't even get a call just an email. I just know the class fills up pretty quickly once the calls start going out.

Yeah, I think it's possible to do it all in one day. However, I have heard some people got accepted on different days. Some didn't even get a call just an email. I just know the class fills up pretty quickly once the calls start going out.
Hopefully we will hear something this upcoming week

Do we know historically, which day calls usually go out? Or is it different year to year?

Do we know historically, which day calls usually go out? Or is it different year to year?
Not sure. It seems like they might happen on Fridays. However, I don't know about this year since most of the staff is working remotely.

Not sure. It seems like they might happen on Fridays. However, I don't know about this year since most of the staff is working remotely.
Yeah, last cycle was a Friday at the end of January. The cycle before that, the first reported A was on a Wednesday, March 13th. Gosh I hope we don't need to wait until mid March for us to find out.

Yeah, last cycle was a Friday at the end of January. The cycle before that, the first reported A was on a Wednesday, March 13th. Gosh I hope we don't need to wait until mid March for us to find out.
Well, it seems it might end up being in March. I just heard the last meeting was yesterday. Highly unlikely we hear anything this week.

Last edited:
Well, it seems it might end up being in March. I just heard decisions are still being made. Highly unlikely we hear anything this week.
I have tried getting through to admissions but no one ever responds. As have to be sent out next week, right?? Next week is already March.

I have tried getting through to admissions but no one ever responds. As have to be sent out next week, right?? Next week is already March.
Yeah, I would say unlikely this week but more likely next week . Getting ahold of admissions is nearly impossible. My information is coming from someone who works with them. I don't believe the committee will meet again after this week. I believe it has been a little difficult to meet due to the pandemic. If they do the process will get prolonged.

Last edited:
Does UCLA/Prime go through the same decision process as Drew/UCLA? I just saw someone post in that thread that a call for that program went out today

Does UCLA/Prime go through the same decision process as Drew/UCLA? I just saw someone post in that thread that a call for that program went out today
I believe they are different. However, usually the programs are pretty good about releasing acceptances together. It must mean we are pretty close.

I believe they are different. However, usually the programs are pretty good about releasing acceptances together. It must mean we are pretty close.
They are definitely different. We could hear something tomorrow if they are known for releasing decisions together.

FYI
So it appears meetings are still taking place as they are looking at more applicants. I was told any decisions will most likely be released after midweek (maybe March 3rd) next week with no guaranteed date. Take all of this with a grain of salt as things are still not set in stone lol.