2020-2021 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A today at 9am pst!! Interviewed 2/12

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard if they will be doing a second look day?

Hey team! Long post incoming. I emailed admissions yesterday and wanted to confirm that waitlist movement will start no earlier than April 30th. Students who have multiple acceptances have to commit to one choice by April 30th, which will in turn create opportunities for those on the waitlist. They also mentioned that waitlist movement is a rolling process and will continue up until the day before classes begin.

I also wanted to mention that per Dr. Eveland it seems as though they do not utilize a ranking system for their waitlisted applicants. After I found out I was waitlisted back in December I asked if they ranked their waitlisted applicants. He could only confirm that they took many of their current students off the waitlist last cycle. So the light at the end of the tunnel is that there seems to be a lot of waitlist movement for CUSM, but on the downside it will still be potentially months before waitlisted applicants hear anything again. Hope this provides some useful insight to those of us hoping for a later acceptance!
Thank you!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I need some help here - I have my interview here this Friday. At this point, is it an automatic WL or R? Has anyone else had an interview lately? I'm OOS. Is this also a well-known school in CA or is it super new still? They haven't graduated a class yet, right?

Hey guys I need some help here - I have my interview here this Friday. At this point, is it an automatic WL or R? Has anyone else had an interview lately? I'm OOS. Is this also a well-known school in CA or is it super new still? They haven't graduated a class yet, right?
I believe the inaugural class is entering M4 this Fall, and this year they’ll be offering federal loans. So it’s still relatively young

has anyone had success with rescheduling an interview?
Yes I have. Was originally scheduled for 2/26, but changed to 3/12. When I emailed admissions about changing my interview date, they were very accommodating. However, I'm not sure how many interview dates they have left so it might be more difficult now.

When I had my interview on 3/12, my interviewer stated that half of the people’s he’s interviewed have not been reviewed yet.. so I’m guessing responses may take quite a while

Seems like decisions come at random, i’ve seen people have a post II decision as soon as 2 weeks, most around 1 month, some nothing at all. Only consistency i’ve noticed is decisions seem to be released on Fridays.

looks like Fridays will become my anxiety days for a while!
Based on this thread and last year's thread, they seem to release decisions every 3 weeks on (usually) Fridays. That's why they typically say 3-4 weeks for a response. So if you happen to interview 1 week before they release a decision, they probably won't get to your app for that release date and you'll have to wait 3 weeks after that for the next release date=around 4 weeks waiting time for this example.

I’m curious about this as well. I don’t think last year’s thread mentioned anything about a second look. Perhaps a student ambassador could help? :) @iqq2much
I don't think there has even been a 2nd look at CUSM from what I know. Would that be helpful for accepted applicants?

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think there has even been a 2nd look at CUSM from what I know. Would that be helpful for accepted applicants?
In my opinion it would be very helpful since all the informational material and tours we were given were prerecorded and were watched prior to interview day. I know I would like to get some more personal interaction

Reactions: 2 users
I just got an interview for April 9th so who knows how long they're planning on interviewing people!

Reactions: 3 users
In my opinion it would be very helpful since all the informational material and tours we were given were prerecorded and were watched prior to interview day. I know I would like to get some more personal interaction
I agree

does anyone know if I interviewed back 10/23 and haven't heard anything back yet, am i just waiting to get the R or maybe WL at this point? Is it worth emailing the admissions office

does anyone know if I interviewed back 10/23 and haven't heard anything back yet, am i just waiting to get the R or maybe WL at this point? Is it worth emailing the admissions office
No clue about the WL/R part of your question but I'm in a similar boat as I interviewed on 12/04 and also haven't heard anything back. I called admissions a month ago and spoke to April and she asked me for my AMCAS ID, confirmed my identity, and then told me that a decision hasn't been posted on my application yet and to be patient. It really sucks not knowing and I feel like I'm just waiting for an R at this point (even though I felt confident about my interview).

No clue about the WL/R part of your question but I'm in a similar boat as I interviewed on 12/04 and also haven't heard anything back. I called admissions a month ago and spoke to April and she asked me for my AMCAS ID, confirmed my identity, and then told me that a decision hasn't been posted on my application yet and to be patient. It really sucks not knowing and I feel like I'm just waiting for an R at this point (even though I felt confident about my interview).
Any advice on what to say if I also call admissions?

Does this school accept letters of interest? Who would I send it to?

I’m wondering the same thing about whether interviewing at this point would just be for a waitlist spot?

I’m wondering the same thing about whether interviewing at this point would just be for a waitlist spot?

It may or may not be the case that you're more likely to be waitlisted now, I can't say. However, this school does have more waitlist movement than average with it being a newer school so being on the WL is by no means an R.

And no, the most senior class is a 3rd year class so the school is still new and not super well know yet, at least by my limited view. There have been some minor collaborations with nearby schools and I'm sure they probably want to keep getting their name out there by expanding research, etc. but I don't know any details.

I interviewed on 10/23. I haven’t heard anything at since then. I’ve tried to send in letters of interest/update but they do not accept them. When I called to ask about their decision on my application I was informed that no decision had been made. I guess we are just in limbo OR this is their version of rejecting

I interviewed on 10/23. I haven’t heard anything at since then. I’ve tried to send in letters of interest/update but they do not accept them. When I called to ask about their decision on my application I was informed that no decision had been made. I guess we are just in limbo OR this is their version of rejecting
But they have reject people so that doesn't really make sense as to why they would randomly choose to silently reject some.
Someone above mentioned that their interviewer said that they haven't reviewed half of the people he interviewed. Which if true leads me to ask wtf are they doing still giving out interviews in April when they haven't reviewed everyone. So bizzar and again this is the only school that has done this to me. Everyone else has replied. Leads me to believe that their interview day might have been a bit of a charade. Either they are this disorganized or they are stringing people along for the hell of it or to show that they didn't reject a specific group right away to chase some stats. Who knows... We need someone on the inside to shed some light on their behavior, otherwise I am inclined to assume the worst considering how abnormal the situation is.

Reactions: 2 users
I've heard theyre nearing the end of the cycle and the class is almostfull. They go over each applicant 2-3 weeks after their interview day, 3 if theyre behind. From then its just a matter of when they send those As out, which is hard to give a time frame on but its a week for most applicants. A lot of students are holding As to this school without committing and since theyre nearing a full class size theyre pretty much waiting to see who denies/accepts their offers. Thats most likely why a lot of people arent hearing back in time. They never have more than 130-140 acceptances out at a time so theyre still interviewing prolly to play it safe.
In short, dont lose hope and pray people turn down their offers. If youre getting an interview this late, it still has a chance of turning into an A :).
I see what you are saying and I appreciate your optimism. However, the flaw in that argument is the fact that wait-lists exist for this reason. We also know that CUSM has placed people on a wait-list this cycle. So the rest that are ignored and lost in the ether are there why? Still looking for a logical answer.

Got an II only date open is April 23rd...Crazy late! I thought it was a mistake tbh

• Wow
I just checked my portal and it let me schedule an interview for 4/30 even though I haven’t gotten any emails about an II?? confused lol

• Wow
I just checked my portal and it let me schedule an interview for 4/30 even though I haven’t gotten any emails about an II?? confused lol
Did your applicant gateway change, as compared to before? Just wondering as to where it gave you an option to schedule an interview, because all I see is just a " Thank you for completing you*(LoL) Supplemental Application!".

It had a separate section at the top allowing me to pick a time to schedule an interview. I didn't get their email when they first sent me a secondary so I think my communication with this school is just messed up somehow. Wonder how long that II has been sitting there...

• Wow
Is there an accepted students facebook page? GroupMe? Discord? Should we start one? I really wanna get to know people lol

Reactions: 3 users
Is there an accepted students facebook page? GroupMe? Discord? Should we start one? I really wanna get to know people lol
Yesss same! We should definitely start one because I need to find a roommate lol

Yesss same! We should definitely start one because I need to find a roommate lol
Agreed! I've been looking around and not many people in the area are looking for roommates at the moment. Sure a class of 2025 group would change that.

Agreed! I've been looking around and not many people in the area are looking for roommates at the moment. Sure a class of 2025 group would change that.

Ok Any preference as to which platform

Just got a II, totally unexpected! Was complete in all the way back in September.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users