2020-2021 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone know how long we have until we accept the offer when getting off the waitlist?
I'm on 2 other waitlists so im too nervous to accept right away just in case more movement this week

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know how long we have until we accept the offer when getting off the waitlist?
I'm on 2 other waitlists so im too nervous to accept right away just in case more movement this week
I think it said a few days

Also just accepted off the waitlist! Interviewed mid-November and was waitlisted early December. IS
3.31gpa, 3.78 SMP gpa, 514 MCAT. Incredibly blessed and thankful!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted off the WL today as well! But I was not given any date for commit to enroll. I'm on 4 other waitlists and really want to wait those out. Have there been any updates from the admissions office on the commit to enroll deadline?

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off the waitlist! It feels unreal... out of all my waitlists this was my top choice. I already did the CTE on amcas, and I guess I have to wait for them to send me something on docusign. Is there anything else I have to do to fully accept? Im really high on happiness so im just paranoid I might be missing.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted off the WL today as well! But I was not given any date for commit to enroll. I'm on 4 other waitlists and really want to wait those out. Have there been any updates from the admissions office on the commit to enroll deadline?
in the same exact boat.. I don't want to lose this acceptance but also don't wanna lose the WL at other schools, especially this week... is it okay to leave the decision on amcas unanswered for now until they give us more details... I have no idea how this works

in the same exact boat.. I don't want to lose this acceptance but also don't wanna lose the WL at other schools, especially this week... is it okay to leave the decision on amcas unanswered for now until they give us more details... I have no idea how this works
Same exact situation here...I'm definitely going to leave the decision on AMCAS unanswered for now, since they didn't give us any information at all in the email about the commit to enroll deadline. I don't really know how this works either so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone think there will be more WL movement soon? Wasn't a part of the fortunate flurry of people accepted yesterday 😕

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
for those that got accepted from WL recently, the email says we have 14 days to confirm acceptance, so does this mean we don't have to sign the document/ pay deposit/ or CTE until then?

for those that got accepted from WL recently, the email says we have 14 days to confirm acceptance, so does this mean we don't have to sign the document/ pay deposit/ or CTE until then?
I would email admissions, best thing is to directly ask them when it comes to deadlines 😂

I called them today and they said applicants accepted off the WL have 14 days from the date of that email to CTE on AMCAS. Forgot to ask specifically about the deadlines to pay the deposit/sign the document but I would think these would be due at the same time. Definitely double-check that with the admissions office though.

• Love
Anyone still not hear anything back? Lol

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone still not hear anything back? Lol
You mean post interview? Then yes, a few people here are still getting the silent treatment. Maybe we did something to offend them in the interview to not even bless us with any decision. I have heard back from all med schools and multiple jobs at this point so it's not us it's them?

You mean post interview? Then yes, a few people here are still getting the silent treatment. Maybe we did something to offend them in the interview to not even bless us with any decision. I have heard back from all med schools and multiple jobs at this point so it's not us it's them?
this is my number one choice school, radio silent since my interview. Not even a waitlist. I hope I get better news soon since i’m waiting and waiting for them!

for my fellow accepted off the waitlist students, when you fill out the DocuSign do you see the Paypal link? Mine just says pay but there is no link visible on the document

How do I get on the discord? Any current students at the school wanna chat?

for my fellow accepted off the waitlist students, when you fill out the DocuSign do you see the Paypal link? Mine just says pay but there is no link visible on the document
Yeah, it's not on the actual DocuSign. When you hit submit, the PayPal link will pop-up.

Same for me, the link didn't become available until after I signed and went to submit the document. Before it submited it then asked for payment.

Just declined by acceptance offer due to A at another school
I hope it goes to one of you guys!! Good luck!! Best wishes

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Placed on waitlist just now, interviewed 4/30

• Care
Does this school give out accepted student's swag (shirts, accepted banner etc)?

Placed on waitlist just now, interviewed 4/30
It seems like they haven't handed out direct acceptances for a while now. Has anyone who interviewed in March or April gotten accepted without getting waitlisted first?

Post-II R just now. Interviewed back in December and was ghosted since.

• Care
Just found out I did not make the cut either. If anyone from the school is reading these posts I would like to add that if you have someone interview for an opportunity to attend your school the person should try and focus on asking the candidate questions about the interviewee. I spent most of my interview hearing about the interviewers accomplishments. They also ended by saying I look forward to seeing you in the fall. I thought they must have thought the interview went well since people love to talk about themselves. Good luck to the class of 2025.

Reactions: 5 users
It’s definitely them, not you. Just received my delayed R like everyone else. This school is laughably unprofessional. Consider it a dodged bullet for you and anyone in the same position. Every other school has handled their decisions professionally. Hope everyone in this position makes the cut somewhere better, shouldn’t be hard! 😉

Reactions: 3 users
Just found out I did not make the cut either. If anyone from the school is reading these posts I would like to add that if you have someone interview for an opportunity to attend your school the person should try and focus on asking the candidate questions about the interviewee. I spent most of my interview hearing about the interviewers accomplishments. They also ended by saying I look forward to seeing you in the fall. I thought they must have thought the interview went well since people love to talk about themselves. Good luck to the class of 2025.
OMG YES SAME. I had no questions asked about me or my application. It was a good 30 mins of them talking about their accomplishments and I tried to chime my expertise into the conversation. My interviewer also talked about the bad stuff about their school which was something new but like they definitely weren't trying to sell me to go there.

But dont let this discourage anyone, especially any future candidates that see this. I definitely had a different experience and while this isn't the school for me, one staff member does not define the school

Last edited:
  • Wow
OMG YES SAME. I had no questions asked about me or my application. It was a good 30 mins of them talking about their accomplishments and I tried to chime my expertise into the conversation. My interviewer also talked about the bad stuff about their school which was something new but like they definitely weren't trying to sell me to go there.

But dont let this discourage anyone, especially any future candidates that see this. I definitely had a different experience and while this isn't the school for me, one staff member does not define the school
Wow, that sucks about the interview. What can they even say to the admissions committee if they didn't even get to know the applicant? Luckily I didn't get that interviewer and had someone nice who asked me the basic questions about why medicine, why the school, etc.

Wow, that sucks about the interview. What can they even say to the admissions committee if they didn't even get to know the applicant? Luckily I didn't get that interviewer and had someone nice who asked me the basic questions about why medicine, why the school, etc.
yeah dont want to discourage anyone. Everyone has different experiences. If anything it just shows that we should prepare for any type of interviewer.

Accepted just now! Posted about my WL 5/10 so quick turnaround. Could someone post the discord link again please?

Decided to compile all the unprofessional or disorganized things this school has done into one post, for future reference and to encourage others to share their experiences.
  1. Sent interview invites to applicants who had not submitted secondaries / were not complete.
  2. Gave students no notice of their CTE policy, forcing students to commit on April 30th. Was never communicated during interview day, through email, etc. Many students on waitlists were blindsided by this and they unofficially seemed to have extended it by a week.
Personal negatives:
  1. They do not send any financial aid info until after PTE/CTE.
  2. Interview experience was horrible. Proctored personality tests, cluttered emails, no feedback asked of until after the cycle was over so they were not looking for improvement here for the current cycle. Reports of disinterested faculty.
  3. Ghosting interviewees for months, with many being rejected together a few days ago.
Edit: Deleted personal commentary.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is weird but did anyone submit a secondary here and have radio silence ever since? no interview invite and no rejection.... just nothing

For those who were blindsided by the CTE deadline, did they give an extension to the deadline? I'm on the waitlist and trying to judge if/when there will be some more movement.

this is weird but did anyone submit a secondary here and have radio silence ever since? no interview invite and no rejection.... just nothing
Same thing happened to me for this school. No communication after submitting the secondary, no rejection. I think this is what people call “ghosting”? I’m pretty sure they’re done with their cycle though.

• Sad
For those who were blindsided by the CTE deadline, did they give an extension to the deadline? I'm on the waitlist and trying to judge if/when there will be some more movement.
They gave some students an extension to May 10

Same thing happened to me for this school. No communication after submitting the secondary, no rejection. I think this is what people call “ghosting”? I’m pretty sure they’re done with their cycle though.
Its the most unprofessional practice I've come across in the application process. Ghosting not only applies to the hundreds of applicants who never heard back post secondary but also to the dozens of applicants that interviewed at the beginning of the cycle only to have no communication until a rejection in mid May. With less than two weeks until the new cycle this is very frustrating!

To any future applicants at CUSM, If you do not hear back within 2 months of your interview.....make no hesitation you will be rejected at the end of the cycle.

Its the most unprofessional practice I've come across in the application process. Ghosting not only applies to the hundreds of applicants who never heard back post secondary but also to the dozens of applicants that interviewed at the beginning of the cycle only to have no communication until a rejection in mid May. With less than two weeks until the new cycle this is very frustrating!

To any future applicants at CUSM, If you do not hear back within 2 months of your interview.....make no hesitation you will be rejected at the end of the cycle.
A lot of schools unfortunately do this, so it’s not unique to CUSM sadly. I wish AMCAS could put safeguards in place for things like this, it’s kinda sad to just be left in the dust for months on end.

Has anyone heard anything recently from them regarding waitlist movement?

• Hmm
Has anyone heard anything recently from them regarding waitlist movement?
I am in the same position, interviewed in November and received a waitlist. No updates or anything since then. Genuinely getting frustrated with how I am being stung along.

I am in the same position, interviewed in November and received a waitlist. No updates or anything since then. Genuinely getting frustrated with how I am being stung along.
I feel you. This is my top choice school, but I just signed a lease and started getting things in order for my other acceptance that starts early July. Really hoping that we hear something back before then.

Accepted off WL earlier today at 11 am, but just now seeing the email! Interview 12/4 , waitlisted 1/15. IS.

Accepted off WL today. Interviewed 4/30 waitlisted 5/10.