2020-2021 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Great idea @Kitkatkitty! Did you make one yet? I feel like FB would probably be easiest. I can also make one if you would like someone else to help!

EDIT: actually GroupMe seems more common and we can perhaps save the FB group for the official one

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
has anyone gotten a Post-II R?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
In my opinion it would be very helpful since all the informational material and tours we were given were prerecorded and were watched prior to interview day. I know I would like to get some more personal interaction
I'll see what I can do out school is still interviewing late into the cycle so a 2nd look isn't likely. I do not think we ever had one before. I'm in the middle of dedicated so i haven't really been checking things lately. Maybe I can join the Discord Server and do some kind of hangout there for everyone,

What's the interview format at this school? Interviewing in a few weeks

will be withdrawing my acceptance here. hope it goes to one of you!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Has anyone been able to find info on the total cost of attendance? I can only find the tuition for the 2021-2022 year

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been able to find info on the total cost of attendance? I can only find the tuition for the 2021-2022 year
Financial aid sent it to me it should be $87,370

For those on the waitlist, have y’all sent updates at all or LOI indicating your continued interest?

Got my acceptance email today!! :D Interviewed 3/26 WL 2 weeks ago

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Anyone know if their WL is ranked?
I called and they said its not ranked , that its in chronological order of who was waitlisted first supposedly. Dont know whether thats the truth though, sounds odd and considering the previous posts of people accepted who were WL late sounds like it was a lie.

• Hmm
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Just got off the waitlist! Interviewed 2/26, waitlisted 3/19. So excited!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone else from 3/26 interview waiting to hear back? Interesting they’re already accepting people from the waitlist!! Does that mean it’s a soft R?

Anyone else from 3/26 interview waiting to hear back? Interesting they’re already accepting people from the waitlist!! Does that mean it’s a soft R?
+1

Still waiting from 3/12. Feels like it. Looks like last years thread had a large wave of R’s on May 5th

Reactions: 1 users
02/12 interviewee here, radio silent since my interview... Not sure what this means but will see!

02/12 interviewee here, radio silent since my interview... Not sure what this means but will see!
Welcome to the club? You will find people with radio silence post interview since October. Has anyone had radio silence for longer than that?

I haven't heard anything from this school except for an email saying that they received my secondary a very long time ago... are they still interviewing or is it over?

I haven't heard of anyone with an interview date past April, but I could be wrong.

I haven't heard anything from this school except for an email saying that they received my secondary a very long time ago... are they still interviewing or is it over?
I have my interview on 4/30 but I received the II almost a month ago. I haven't seen anyone post a later interview date.

I have my interview on 4/30 but I received the II almost a month ago. I haven't seen anyone post a later interview date.
I recently called the Admissions office and was told 4/30 would be the last interview date.

Yeah, I asked and they said it was confidential and WL is on a rolling basis and holistic
Fashoo. It's weird they keep saying waitlist is on a rolling basis but there are people who were waitlisted recently who've been accepted and no one waitlisted early has posted an acceptance

• Hmm
Just got waitlisted :/. Interviewed 4/9
Do they accept LOIs?

• Care
Fashoo. It's weird they keep saying waitlist is on a rolling basis but there are people who were waitlisted recently who've been accepted and no one waitlisted early has posted an acceptance
Yeah I think what they mean is when they have seats opening up, they will look at the WL and will accept the people they ranked higher holistically. So even if someone was WL recently, they might be ranked higher on the holistic WL because their profile just might be similar to the person who withdrew their acceptance or maybe the school likes them a little bit more. At least that's what I thought the guy from admissions was implying lol. I definitely don't think the WL is based on chronological order

Yeah I think what they mean is when they have seats opening up, they will look at the WL and will accept the people they ranked higher holistically. So even if someone was WL recently, they might be ranked higher on the holistic WL because their profile just might be similar to the person who withdrew their acceptance or maybe the school likes them a little bit more. At least that's what I thought the guy from admissions was implying lol. I definitely don't think the WL is based on chronological order
ah ok cuz i asked the admissions guy like five times if it was ranked in any way and he said no. and i kept trying to clarify ( legit spent like 10 min clarifying this) and he insisted there is no kind of rank its just based on who was waitlisted first and i legit said "so in chronological order, like the first waitlisted get the first seats opened up before those waitlisted later" and he said " correct but i cant tell you how many were waitlisted before you thought thats confidential" but it sounded odd to me. Maybe i just misunderstood.

ah ok cuz i asked the admissions guy like five times if it was ranked in any way and he said no. and i kept trying to clarify ( legit spent like 10 min clarifying this) and he insisted there is no kind of rank its just based on who was waitlisted first and i legit said "so in chronological order, like the first waitlisted get the first seats opened up before those waitlisted later" and he said " correct but i cant tell you how many were waitlisted before you thought thats confidential" but it sounded odd to me. Maybe i just misunderstood.
Ahhh yeah that's weird. I asked if they are able to tell us the ranking and he said no because it's confidential to the committee and that they look at everyone holistically. Maybe they have some sort of rough ranking but jump around the WL based on who they think has the most similar profile to the person who just turned down the acceptance so that the class still looks the same? Idk honestly lol I'm just guessing. I think the people answering the phone might not have a ton of info so that's why we're getting different responses

Last edited:
for those that got waitlisted, did you guys at least send an email back saying thank you and you accept the waitlist, or is that not necessary?

Does anyone know when the post-april 30th movement will begin at this school?