2020-2021 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any idea why ghosting post interview is a thing? Are ghosted people just on an invisible wait-list and if so why not just put them on the wait list? Interviewed here a few months back and nothing back.
I feel you. I interviewed almost three months ago and nothing. I called a few weeks back to ask and they just told me to be patient. But I have a gut feeling that I've been waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If that's the case why not just tell us that? There have been others wait-listed and told so. I feel like we are the wait-listed back up, but even then why not put us at the bottom of the wait-list? Very confusing and puts any potential plans on hold as well as reflects badly on the school imo.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel you. I interviewed almost three months ago and nothing. I called a few weeks back to ask and they just told me to be patient. But I have a gut feeling that I've been waitlisted.
I took the time to look at last year's thread for CUSM and it appears that silence results in a rejection. Things may be different this cycle...I am in the same boat as you. I interviewed at the end of October and have not heard anything back. They informed me that the ADCOM would reach out to me via email and that they do NOT letters of any sort

• Angry
If that's the case why not just tell us that? There have been others wait-listed and told so. I feel like we are the wait-listed back up, but even then why not put us at the bottom of the wait-list? Very confusing and puts any potential plans on hold as well as reflects badly on the school imo.
Every school has their way of doing things. However, I really wish they would send out a rejection notification to help stop the bleeding, know what I mean

Omg just got an acceptance email trying so hard not to cry since it's my first A interviewed on 2/12

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anybody get completely ghosted from CUSM? I am OOS but I expected at least a secondary from them back in July/August so they could have more of my money.

Did anybody get completely ghosted from CUSM? I am OOS but I expected at least a secondary from them back in July/August so they could have more of my money.
Some of us got ghosted after the interview

Ads for their MBS program seem like a subtle rejection at this point :/

I think it's just being sent to their full distribution list. I've been receiving them too and I have an interview next week. Don't worry :)
Lol my worry is I didnt get it, making me nervous that something is wrong with my email lol. I already interviewed here a few weeks ago

Lol my worry is I didnt get it, making me nervous that something is wrong with my email lol. I already interviewed here a few weeks ago
I didn't get it either and I interviewed back in December

Anyone having issue with the paypal link on the docusigns? I know people earlier on said that they used their credit cards but I'm not sure how to do that.

Anyone having issue with the paypal link on the docusigns? I know people earlier on said that they used their credit cards but I'm not sure how to do that.
The link didn’t pop up for me until I finished signing everything else on the form

I’m considering the MBS program. The only thing I don’t like is that there’s no guaranteed or conditional acceptance. I understand this is the norm and is part of the gamble. At the same time, there are other programs, like Drexel’s DPMS, that offer a conditional acceptance if certain requirements are met

Anyone else interviewing 3/12? Still don't have any information

Have any OOS students gotten a secondary? It has been silence for me for over 6 months...

Does anyone know if there is a class Facebook page or group chat out yet?

me sitting here after having interviewed early October, wish they would just tell me if its a rejection

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
me sitting here after having interviewed early October, wish they would just tell me if its a rejection
I feel you man. Out of 25 schools I applied to this is the only one I haven't gotten a final decision from. Really weird and confusing what limbo position we are in. It hurts people who don't have acceptances and those trying to leverage acceptances for funding.

I agree! I interviewed the first week of December and haven't heard a single thing. I called a few times to inquire and they just kept saying "wait" - as someone who is currently studying to take the MCAT once again (sigh) and preparing financially for another cycle, I really wish they would be more communicative. It reflects badly on the school in my opinion.

Reactions: 2 users
I agree! I interviewed the first week of December and haven't heard a single thing. I called a few times to inquire and they just kept saying "wait" - as someone who is currently studying to take the MCAT once again (sigh) and preparing financially for another cycle, I really wish they would be more communicative. It reflects badly on the school in my opinion.
The school ADCOM seems to operate in a weird manner to say the least. They were giving out interviews to applicants who didn't even submit a secondary, which is somewhat a red flag to me.

Reactions: 3 users
The school ADCOM seems to operate in a weird manner to say the least. They were giving out interviews to applicants who didn't even submit a secondary, which is somewhat a red flag to me.
?!!?!?! Whoa...! For real? How did you know about that??

?!!?!?! Whoa...! For real? How did you know about that??
This user isn’t lying lol. Look back in this thread, people were getting interviews before submitting their secondary responses!

• Wow
Did anyone get a response today? Been almost 2 weeks since the last batch

Does anyone know if using parts of secondary essays for scholarships is frowned upon?
So I emailed the financial aid office since I had the same question. It seems like they don't have access to our primary and secondary apps so I think it should be okay.

Attachments

• 160997954_1332452437131304_1952162470408382660_n.jpg
    160997954_1332452437131304_1952162470408382660_n.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 111
So I emailed the financial aid office since I had the same question. It seems like they don't have access to our primary and secondary apps so I think it should be okay.
Thanks so much for emailing !! I appreciate you

Hello student ambassador here. We do have a Facebook Group but the school wants us to hold off on filling it up until they have a more "finalized" list. Right now the student ambassadors have no way to know who's actually been accepted at this point.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello! Just curious but has anyone from the waiting list been accepted yet?
I have not and I would guess that nobody else has either since accepted students do not need to narrow down to 3 schools until April 15 and don't need to narrow down to 1 school for a while after that date. My guess is waitlist movement in general MIGHT start in late April and could continue all the way until early July (according to past trends and the AAMC traffic rules)

Hello! Just curious but has anyone from the waiting list been accepted yet?

I have not and I would guess that nobody else has either since accepted students do not need to narrow down to 3 schools until April 15 and don't need to narrow down to 1 school for a while after that date. My guess is waitlist movement in general MIGHT start in late April and could continue all the way until early July (according to past trends and the AAMC traffic rules)
Hey team! Long post incoming. I emailed admissions yesterday and wanted to confirm that waitlist movement will start no earlier than April 30th. Students who have multiple acceptances have to commit to one choice by April 30th, which will in turn create opportunities for those on the waitlist. They also mentioned that waitlist movement is a rolling process and will continue up until the day before classes begin.

I also wanted to mention that per Dr. Eveland it seems as though they do not utilize a ranking system for their waitlisted applicants. After I found out I was waitlisted back in December I asked if they ranked their waitlisted applicants. He could only confirm that they took many of their current students off the waitlist last cycle. So the light at the end of the tunnel is that there seems to be a lot of waitlist movement for CUSM, but on the downside it will still be potentially months before waitlisted applicants hear anything again. Hope this provides some useful insight to those of us hoping for a later acceptance!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey team! Long post incoming. I emailed admissions yesterday and wanted to confirm that waitlist movement will start no earlier than April 30th. Students who have multiple acceptances have to commit to one choice by April 30th, which will in turn create opportunities for those on the waitlist. They also mentioned that waitlist movement is a rolling process and will continue up until the day before classes begin.

I also wanted to mention that per Dr. Eveland it seems as though they do not utilize a ranking system for their waitlisted applicants. After I found out I was waitlisted back in December I asked if they ranked their waitlisted applicants. He could only confirm that they took many of their current students off the waitlist last cycle. So the light at the end of the tunnel is that there seems to be a lot of waitlist movement for CUSM, but on the downside it will still be potentially months before waitlisted applicants hear anything again. Hope this provides some useful insight to those of us hoping for a later acceptance!
Thank you for looking into it!