2020-2021 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted 2 days ago and withdraw my acceptance today, hope it goes to one of you lovely peeps!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I also received an email saying today is the deadline to COMMIT to CUSM. I clarified that it was commit and not just a plan to enroll.

So basically, CUSM threatened to rescind all admitted students' acceptances because we haven't clicked "CTE" today. Mind you, the CTE option opened TODAY...

So basically, CUSM threatened to rescind all admitted students' acceptances because we haven't clicked "CTE" today. Mind you, the CTE option opened TODAY...
Yea it seems shady. Like we're not allowed the chance to get off of waitlists..

Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew my application. Good luck, everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
yup this is painful lol. For those wondering, accepted students read the CTE deadline was June 1st through the website, but then an email came in today saying you must commit to enroll today (April 30th, a whole month off) or else you get rescinded rip

• Wow
Yeah, there has been a lot of discussion and freaking out about this in the admitted students Discord. Despite the website and scholarship applications saying the CTE deadline was June 1, they're now saying we have to CTE today. We've all been calling and emailing the dean/admissions office but so far it doesn't look like they're going to budge. Pretty bummed since I am on 3 waitlists...

• Wow
Yeah, there has been a lot of discussion and freaking out about this in the admitted students Discord. Despite the website and scholarship applications saying the CTE deadline was June 1, they're now saying we have to CTE today. We've all been calling and emailing the dean/admissions office but so far it doesn't look like they're going to budge. Pretty bummed since I am on 3 waitlists...
How does one get access to the accepted student discord?

Same...at least wanted to wait out a couple waitlists as well. Seems unfair they randomly decide to make the CTE today despite all other sources saying June 1st....really frustrated

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on 5 WLs and idk what to do now 😭

D4A60617-8894-4075-9A19-11BE7BBBC041.png

For anyone curious about the exact wording. I find the language to be very accusatory and scary. @Goro @gonnif @LizzyM The students at CUSM are currently having a small crisis since we received this email with no prior mention of a deadline! We would love to hear your opinion and any advice you may have!
Their email also conflicts with communication from them earlier, as seen in this scholarship email:

Attachments

• 7DD6C928-B842-47A2-A45D-F810CDDD07B5.png
    7DD6C928-B842-47A2-A45D-F810CDDD07B5.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
View attachment 335952
For anyone curious about the exact wording. I find the language to be very accusatory and scary. @Goro @gonnif @LizzyM The students at CUSM are currently having a small crisis since we received this email with no prior mention of a deadline! We would love to hear your opinion and any advice you may have!
Their email also conflicts with commutation from them earlier, as seen in this scholarship email:
If this is your only accept, then you'd better commit to enroll.

Reactions: 1 users
How is this allowed????
So they’re technically allowed to do this, and AMCAS has no safe guards for this. They just “recommend” to schools to have it at least 2 weeks out (so like May 15th). But the school can choose whatever day they want, even if it’s a 24 hour window. And apparently in this case, even if they give you the wrong date beforehand (June 1st).

• Wow
So they’re technically allowed to do this, and AMCAS has no safe guards for this. They just “recommend” to schools to have it at least 2 weeks out (so like May 15th). But the school can choose whatever day they want, even if it’s a 24 hour window. And apparently in this case, even if they give you the wrong date beforehand (June 1st).
That's really disappointing as a school that they'd trap students like that :( it's not like those spots would go unfilled because cusm also has a full wiatlist

That's really disappointing as a school that they'd trap students like that :( it's not like those spots would go unfilled because cusm also has a full wiatlist
Just a way for them to see who really wants to attend the school. But the sudden change of the CTE date is messed up lol

damn.. anyone know what this would mean for waitlisted people.. how long do they give people who get off the waitlist until they have to commit?

Last edited:
damn.. anyone know what this would mean for waitlisted people.. how long do they give people who get off the waitlist until they have to commit?
Also wondering this. Might be day of at this rate 😅

Really hoping this was a mistake because when I think about it a sudden and earlier CTE is detrimental to both applicants with A and WL. And correct me if im wrong but their cte was not this early in previous cycles.

Last edited:
I tried calling numerous times and was sent to voicemail....no one picked up. This is ridiculous...

• Sad
So that's it? They're really gonna ignore all our emails and calls? Super disappointed. Discouraging that the beginning of experiences with this med school is already horrible. Makes me fear for the next four years...

• Angry
So that's it? They're really gonna ignore all our emails and calls? Super disappointed. Discouraging that the beginning of experiences with this med school is already horrible. Makes me fear for the next four years...
I mean, they actually have been responding to people if the discord updates are anything to go by. Are you in the group yet?

Not officially, but thru the grapevine apparently they'll be lenient until May 10. Again, not an official assurance :/
This leaves a ton of uncertainty about the likelihood of WL movement or not 🙃 any idea from the chat if anyone is holding out or did everyone get scared and drop their WLs?

Anyone else hear from interview on 4/23?

This leaves a ton of uncertainty about the likelihood of WL movement or not 🙃 any idea from the chat if anyone is holding out or did everyone get scared and drop their WLs?
I think it’s a mix of holding out but people also committed Friday. They gave people different answers throughout the day, so some CTE’d. But now it seems they are extending it to May 10th, if you ask. But the official deadline atm is still April 30th since they haven’t told everyone about possible extensions. They might send something today so we’ll see…

Reactions: 2 users
I think it’s a mix of holding out but people also committed Friday. They gave people different answers throughout the day, so some CTE’d. But now it seems they are extending it to May 10th, if you ask. But the official deadline atm is still April 30th since they haven’t told everyone about possible extensions. They might send something today so we’ll see…
Wow what a mess, ty for sharing! If any more info comes out in the GC that may give an idea of WL movement/timing it would be awesome if ya'll could share it here too :)

Reactions: 5 users
Wow what a mess, ty for sharing! If any more info comes out in the GC that may give an idea of WL movement/timing it would be awesome if ya'll could share it here too :)
Yeah I think if May 10th is the final final CTE date, then they would know what their class currently looks like and possibly start accepting off the WL. This is just my speculation though

• Love
no way congrats :lol:!! when did you get waitlisted?
Thank you so much! I got waitlisted on 3/19 and was literally just working on my PS right now for the upcoming cycle. I'm in disbelief lol, still can't comprehend that I got the email

• Love
just got off WL! interviewed 4/9, waitlisted 4/26

• Love
Thank you so much! I got waitlisted on 3/19 and was literally just working on my PS right now for the upcoming cycle. I'm in disbelief lol, still can't comprehend that I got the email
bro meee tooo im so excited ahhhhhh

• Love
Reactions: 3 users