2019-2020 Wright State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As of April 30th 4:04 pm: total of 118 students on the portal.
As of May1st 10:25 am: total of 110 students on the portal
As of May 4th 4:00 pm: total of 110 students on the portal (no one added to portal since March 31st, only deleted)
As of May 5th 5:00 pm: total of 120 students on the portal (10 people from waitlist added)
As of May7th 10:25 am: total of 108 students on the portal (not sure how so many people dropped)
As of May8th 1:22 pm: total of 108 students on the portal
As of May10th 3:30 pm: total of 113 students on the portal
As of May16th 10:55 am: total of 113 students on the portal (noone added since May 10th)
As of May19th 12:00 pm: total of 114 students on the portal
As of May21st 11:30 am: total of 113 students on the portal (2 dropped and 1 added since last time)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm in middle 1/3 so I forgot to ask how far they are along. I emailed them and they responded within the hour so I'm sure they would be happy to answer any additional questions you have. Please let us know if they give any more info!
Do you mind sharing who you emailed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just updating those in the waitlist of current curriculum changes that the school is planning, hopefully this helps for travel planning for those in the waitlist who will eventually get an acceptance.

Prematriculation program will be virtual (June 2nd-26th)
Orientation will be virtual (July 6th-10th)
Recommended to be in area by July 13th for classes (14 day quarantine rule does not apply anymore for those coming from out of state, unsure if the same applies for those coming from out of country. Also "recommended" but not "required" was the exact wording)
White coat ceremony: TBD, likely going to be virtual with a possibility of an in person event sometime in the near future.
Class format: "Classes are scheduled to be in a small group format using appropriate social distancing protocols" (Tbh their description is so vague because you can still do a small group format virtually. I am assuming this is the case, since "social distancing protocols" imply we need to be 6 feet away from our team members when we talk, which seems silly and not effective)
Immunizations: Due to COVID, you can wait until you get there and do it there. Case-by-case.

These are just the most urgent ones right now, for a complete update you can check their website.

Just updating those in the waitlist of current curriculum changes that the school is planning, hopefully this helps for travel planning for those in the waitlist who will eventually get an acceptance.

Prematriculation program will be virtual (June 2nd-26th)
Orientation will be virtual (July 6th-10th)
Recommended to be in area by July 13th for classes (14 day quarantine rule does not apply anymore for those coming from out of state, unsure if the same applies for those coming from out of country. Also "recommended" but not "required" was the exact wording)
White coat ceremony: TBD, likely going to be virtual with a possibility of an in person event sometime in the near future.
Class format: "Classes are scheduled to be in a small group format using appropriate social distancing protocols" (Tbh their description is so vague because you can still do a small group format virtually. I am assuming this is the case, since "social distancing protocols" imply we need to be 6 feet away from our team members when we talk, which seems silly and not effective)
Immunizations: Due to COVID, you can wait until you get there and do it there. Case-by-case.

These are just the most urgent ones right now, for a complete update you can check their website.
Thank you so much for this. I am out of state, and much of what you shared is a huge relief to me as I wait for (hopefully) an acceptance.

Reactions: 3 users
once again, looking to move out of an appartment to attend a medical school, any last minute acceptances pls contact about immediate move in. 599/month, 5 minutes from campus 1 br, 1 parking spot

As of May 4th 4:00 pm: total of 110 students on the portal (no one added to portal since March 31st, only deleted)
As of May 5th 5:00 pm: total of 120 students on the portal (10 people from waitlist added)
As of May7th 10:25 am: total of 108 students on the portal (not sure how so many people dropped)
As of May16th 10:55 am: total of 113 students on the portal (noone added since May 10th)
As of May21st 11:30 am: total of 113 students on the portal (2 dropped and 1 added since last time)
As of May26th 10:30 pm: total of 115 students on the portal

Just got an acceptance email this morning. Don't have the contract yet to sign, but I can't wait! This concludes a long 2-year journey. Hoping for the best to those of you still awaiting news!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As of June 1st 3:35 pm: total of 115 students on the portal (noone added since May 26th)

What is the best way to rescind an acceptance offer at this school? Does anyone know what the process is like, how long it will take for them to process it, and how long of a notice I need to provide? Also, if we rescind an acceptance, is that a final decision?

What is the best way to rescind an acceptance offer at this school? Does anyone know what the process is like, how long it will take for them to process it, and how long of a notice I need to provide? Also, if we rescind an acceptance, is that a final decision?

you could probably just contact admissions and ask.

withdrawing my acceptance today. I hope one of you gets it!

How did you do it? just emailed them?

To rescind my acceptance I just sent an email to admissions and they responded back within a day! I'm not certain but I think once you rescind it, it's "final" because they'll start accepting waitlist applicants to "take the spot" you had in the class.

Reactions: 1 user
email

let us know if you rescind your seat will likely go to someone in here.

As of June 1st 3:35 pm: total of 115 students on the portal (noone added since May 26th)
As of June 3st 2:10 pm: total of 116 students on the portal (one person added this morning)

As of June 3st 2:10 pm: total of 116 students on the portal (one person added this morning)
As of June6th 11:35 am: total of 115 students on the portal (one person has dropped)

Reactions: 4 users
Hey just checking back on everyone Have you all seen any movement yet?

Has anyone received any updates from admissions about the waiting list?
I emailed on June 6, I think, and admissions explained that they anticipate more movement around June 15, which is the CYMS deadline for commit to enroll.

I got the call this morning around 10:30 CST! Top 1/3rd! I haven't received an email or been added to the portal yet.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone ! haven't heard anything yet , top 3rd.

As of June6th 11:35 am: total of 115 students on the portal (one person has dropped)
As of June10th 3:15 pm: total of 117 students on the portal (should be 116 since one of the school administrator is added as a "student" rather than "administrator")"

Withdrawing my A here, hope it goes out to someone here!

• Love
Not looking great for those of us on the bottom third if they're on the top in mid-June ...

Not looking great for those of us on the bottom third if they're on the top in mid-June ...

thats what im thinking.. not even looking great for those in the middle third.

Hey everyone! I've been keeping up with this forum but I just created an account. I'm also WL here. I hope they're almost done with the top third bc I'm WL middle third. Praying for more WL movement!

Just got accepted. Top third (probably at bottom of top third). Good luck to everyone else in top third or middle third!

Hey everyone, I’ve been keeping up with this forum but never had an account so I just made one to let you all know I’ve been accepted today!!

Top-third

Genuinely wishing everyone the best of luck on the WL!

Last edited:
Just got accepted. Top third (probably at bottom of top third). Good luck to everyone else in top third or middle third!
Hey everyone, I’ve been keeping up with this forum but never had an account so I just made one to let you all know I’ve been accepted today!!

Top-third

Truly wishing everyone the best of luck on the WL!

Congratulations!!

Top-third

Genuinely wishing everyone the best of luck on the WL!
Congratulations!

Emailed admissions office today:

"Thank you for your continued interest in Boonshoft School of Medicine. This year has been unique with the Covid-19 pandemic and the second year for Choose Your Medical School Tool, which implemented new deadlines for accepted applicants. Offers are still being made from the top third of the waitlist but there has been far less movement than in years passed."

• Sad
Emailed admissions office today:

"Thank you for your continued interest in Boonshoft School of Medicine. This year has been unique with the Covid-19 pandemic and the second year for Choose Your Medical School Tool, which implemented new deadlines for accepted applicants. Offers are still being made from the top third of the waitlist but there has been far less movement than in years passed."
Thanks for sending the email and sharing here! Last year's forum suggests it took until June 26 to get through the top third. If there's significantly less movement this year, maybe they don't ever get through the top :/

As of June10th 3:15 pm: total of 117 students on the portal (should be 116 since one of the school administrator is added as a "student" rather than "administrator")"
As of June16th 10:00 pm: total of 118 students on the portal (2 dropped and 3 added since last time)

Hi Everyone,

I've been following this thread for a while and it has basically kept me sane throughout the waiting! So, thank you so much for all of your research, perspective sharing, etc. because it has definitely made all the difference.

Just wanted to let you know I was accepted this afternoon (top-third) and committed to enroll! Looking forward to hopefully seeing you in class and best of luck with the continued waiting!

Hi All, just wanted to add that I was on the top third and got an acceptance two days ago. I have declined the offer so hopefully it goes to one of you! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users