2019-2020 Quinnipiac (Netter)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted today!! Interviewed on 12/2. Was expecting the decision to come out later since they told me mid-January, but pleasantly surprised nonetheless!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 11/15, accepted on Wednesday.

Reactions: 4 users
Yep, interviewed on the 21st! Were you a lawyer previously? Think you might've been in my interview group.
Did you ever hear back? It’s been close to a month since my interview. Wondering if it means anything ...

Did you ever hear back? It’s been close to a month since my interview. Wondering if it means anything ...
Mine was a little over 6 weeks, so I bit the bullet called. They let me know in an email within 4 hours of that call. Seemed like there was something in their system causing they hold up because there was a deluge of As right when I got my email too

Reactions: 1 user
Mine was a little over 6 weeks, so I bit the bullet called. They let me know in an email within 4 hours of that call. Seemed like there was something in their system causing they hold up because there was a deluge of As right when I got my email too
Ohhh but you got in??

Members don't see this ad :)
Will they send out more information on the background check and how to do it? Or is it something that they run through on their end?

For those of you that have been accepted, there is an accepted students Facebook page called “Frank H. Netter School of Medicine Class of 2024”

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hi all! Two current QUSOM students here with an air mattress to spare. We wanted to offer our home to any applicants needing a place to stay for their interview! Shoot me a message and we'll coordinate :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!

Reactions: 8 users
Quick FAFSA question. Can anyone confirm if Netter has an age limit on the requirement for independent students to supply parental info for the FAFSA? I seem to remember a brief mention during the interview day financial aid presentation that students >30ish didn't need parental info, but can't find it anywhere in writing and I don't have my notes available.

I've emailed the financial aid office to confirm, but I don't expect a response during the holidays, and really don't want to dig up that info needlessly.

I read most of the info on the QU finaid page but there's no mention of an exception, which worries me that it might just be wishful thinking. Thanks all

PSA: don't forget to apply for FAFSA :)

Quick FAFSA question. Can anyone confirm if Netter has an age limit on the requirement for independent students to supply parental info for the FAFSA? I seem to remember a brief mention during the interview day financial aid presentation that students >30ish didn't need parental info, but can't find it anywhere in writing and I don't have my notes available.

I've emailed the financial aid office to confirm, but I don't expect a response during the holidays, and really don't want to dig up that info needlessly.

I read most of the info on the QU finaid page but there's no mention of an exception, which worries me that it might just be wishful thinking. Thanks all

It was either 32 or 33 where you don't need parents info. That being said, other schools require parents information regardless of age, so if you get an acceptance elsewhere you may need to provide it - not sure if it can be added later. Quinnipiac did say that if you do provide it, that they ignore parental info if you are over the age limit.

• Love
It was either 32 or 33 where you don't need parents info. That being said, other schools require parents information regardless of age, so if you get an acceptance elsewhere you may need to provide it - not sure if it can be added later. Quinnipiac did say that if you do provide it, that they ignore parental info if you are over the age limit.
Thank you for helping my Christmas Wish come true!

Reactions: 1 users
I sent an email today to cancel my interview, but the office is closed until January 6th.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Just lurking here, never interviewed with Netter but FWIW the FAFSA site doesn't make you supply parental info if you're 24 or older. I'm 24 and didn't have to (and didn't) and I wasn't aware that some schools ask that you do supply info on parents if you're older than that. 30 seems a bit old to still need to give that info imho:whistle:

Just lurking here, never interviewed with Netter but FWIW the FAFSA site doesn't make you supply parental info if you're 24 or older. I'm 24 and didn't have to (and didn't) and I wasn't aware that some schools ask that you do supply info on parents if you're older than that. 30 seems a bit old to still need to give that info imho:whistle:
Netter specifically told us to include our parents information

No one needs to supply parental information to FAFSA for a graduate degree. It will not affect the loans/financials you get from the government. Many schools require the information in order to get school-specific scholarships and funds, which is where Quinnipiac falls into with their $25k scholarships. I agree some schools use a rather high age cutoff though, but it does seem like they are trying to level the playing field with costs.

Anybody know what the interview timeline is here? I've gotten silence since September.

Planning to send an update/interest letter here, but deciding if I should do it now or wait to send it once I hear back from a journal I submitted a research article to (article submitted in early November, but could take weeks to be published depending on revisions).

Worth it to send update now or wait for article to come through (for context I have an internship and new clinical job I could update on as well)?

Anybody know what the interview timeline is here? I've gotten silence since September.

Planning to send an update/interest letter here, but deciding if I should do it now or wait to send it once I hear back from a journal I submitted a research article to (article submitted in early November, but could take weeks to be published depending on revisions).

Worth it to send update now or wait for article to come through (for context I have an internship and new clinical job I could update on as well)?
Do not worry lol I was complete late August and haven’t heard back yet. Honestly I would send an update now with the internship and new clinical job. I’ve heard in the past that publications can be sent as a separate update because it’s considered a substantial update.

FWIW everyone I spoke to in admissions is incredibly friendly and welcoming, I don't imagine it could hurt. Maybe hold off a bit if you weren't complete till Sep?

Just looked at my portal and saw that all of my references were received on 1/7 when I submitted three of them in July and one in December. Not sure if someone had something similar happen to them or maybe it’s just a glitch in the system.

Just looked at my portal and saw that all of my references were received on 1/7 when I submitted three of them in July and one in December. Not sure if someone had something similar happen to them or maybe it’s just a glitch in the system.

The dates on my portal have remained the same.

I used Interfolio, and due to an error with Interfolio sending LORs at the beginning of the cycle, mine changed once. However, it went from late July to late August, nothing as substantial as yours. It did not seem to affect me in any way, as long as you were marked complete prior, you are probably fine. Admissions is delightful, so you can always call/email and ask if there was any issue.

Edit: This issue happened at most schools I applied to, with some even saying I had duplicate LORs - I emailed those schools to clarify the situation (would have put me over the limit of LOR) and they said there was no issue.

I used Interfolio, and due to an error with Interfolio sending LORs at the beginning of the cycle, mine changed once. However, it went from late July to late August, nothing as substantial as yours. It did not seem to affect me in any way, as long as you were marked complete prior, you are probably fine. Admissions is delightful, so you can always call/email and ask if there was any issue.

Edit: This issue happened at most schools I applied to, with some even saying I had duplicate LORs - I emailed those schools to clarify the situation (would have put me over the limit of LOR) and they said there was no issue.
Thank you! I didn't use interfolio, each recommender sent their respected letter. But I will definitely reach out to them!

Also accepted on friday! Well worth the wait!

Reactions: 3 users
Any chance they are still going to send out IIs? I haven't heard since I submitted in August.

Reactions: 10 users
ii today, early afternoon! secondary submitted 8/5.

Accepted! First A so this is a load off my mind :D