2019-2020 Nova Southeastern (Allopathic)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone email Jamie and know how corona is gonna affect or delay Novas interviews/decisions this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone email Jamie and know how corona is gonna affect or delay Novas interviews/decisions this cycle?
They said they might have some delays for making decisions since they’re trying to transition to a remote system! I’m not sure about interviews tho.

Thanks! I wonder if theyre gonna do the interviews online or just cancel them...

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed back in January and secretly hope they cancel the rest so i have a better shot of coming off the waitlist.

Im all seriousness Im intrigued to see how they address this and hope everyone gets a fair shot! If anyone has any info please let us know!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey my interview date is probably going to be shifted online or postponed due to coronavirus. Any idea how an online MMI will work?
I haven't interviewed at this school, but another school of mine is also now doing a virtual MMI. What they're supposed to do is give each interviewee [there are 12 in my group] an individual WebEx link. Instead of us getting up and rotating to the next station, they said that the assessors will rotate. So it sounds like, on their end, they will have a different computer set up for each interviewee, each in a different room. Let's say there are 8 MMI stations. The 8 sets of actors/interviewers will each visit each of those 12 rooms in order to simulate the "stations." For us, that means that we stay in the same WebEx conference room, and we'll have people coming on screen/leaving our screen every ten minutes or so. I haven't had the interview yet, but it sounds like they had minor difficulties with the first group they tried it on today. Hoping they can work out the bugs soon enough. In theory, it sounds like it would work pretty well.

Thanks! I wonder if theyre gonna do the interviews online or just cancel them...

I have an interview tentatively scheduled for April 3rd so I can speak to this a little. The current plan is to move to virtual interviews and they are in the process of figuring out the logistics of how to do so.

Praying all you and your families are doing good.
How do you think this will affect people on the waitlist?

has anyone been brave enough to email admissions and ask how covid19 is going to delay the admissions process?

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone been brave enough to email admissions and ask how covid19 is going to delay the admissions process?
I called them and was told that they're trying to figure it out and all they said was I will hear from them by April 30 (for admission decisions).

I called them and was told that they're trying to figure it out and all they said was I will hear from them by April 30 (for admission decisions).

Hey thanks for the update. Are you on waitlist? Are they referring to all waitlist candidates? Thanks.

Hey thanks for the update. Are you on waitlist? Are they referring to all waitlist candidates? Thanks.
Actually I haven't heard from them since my interview day! I was hoping to hear this week but doubt it...

I feel as though everyone is getting WL'd lol

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my application (was waitlisted, interviewed 12/13). I got accepted elsewhere. Hope this makes the process easier for all of you!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
There is nothing that we have to do to accept our waitlist position right? Some schools require you to officially accept your place on the waitlist so I just wanted to be sure. Thanks!

You are correct. As of now, if you were notified that you are on the WL then you are on there. No need to accept.

I know it is a ranked/tiered waitlist here... anyone know if they will let people know where they're at on the list?

has there been any waitlist movement this cycle?
I believe I saw earlier one person got off about 2 weeks after being placed on WL. Besides that I haven't seen any other movement.... hopefully soon!

Can any of the M1's or M2's comment on how their classes have transitioned to remote learning during this time considering the next matriculating class may also be affected?

Also, does anyone know if they did end up doing virtual interviews?

Any new information about the school would be appreciated thanks :)

Last edited:
Just received a scholarship! Didn’t submit anything for it.

Edit: it was the Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine Scholarship Award for 25,000 a year if anyone is wondering

Edit 2: I’ve gotten plenty of private messages with lots of questions so I thought I’d edit this post to answer some of them.

LM: 72, URM, EFC=0 , strong emphasis on volunteering, T10 UG. There was no separate application; I did not submit anything besides my initial application (no letter of interest, intent, etc). I interviewed in November and was accepted in November. Received the scholarship in OOS. Hope that answered most of the questions! Feel free to pm.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just received a scholarship! Didn’t submit anything for it.

Edit: it was the Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine Scholarship Award for 25,000 a year if anyone is wondering

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I’m so happy for you!

• Love
The latest MSAR says they accepted 125 people off the WL last cycle. Anyone know if that's accurate? Although given that last cycle they had to "un-reject" people back onto the WL, I would assume so. That's an insane amount of WL accepts given their class size of 50.

The latest MSAR says they accepted 125 people off the WL last cycle. Anyone know if that's accurate? Although given that last cycle they had to "un-reject" people back onto the WL, I would assume so. That's an insane amount of WL accepts given their class size of 50.
I’m assuming it’s accurate. They are a new school, so they have a lot of waitlist movement. Some people don’t want to take the risk on a new school, and sort of treat them like a backup. I’m assuming their waitlist is super deep this year to prevent that from happening again. I however, am on the waitlist and really want to go here so hopefully there is lots of movement again this year!

I’m assuming it’s accurate. They are a new school, so they have a lot of waitlist movement. Some people don’t want to take the risk on a new school, and sort of treat them like a backup. I’m assuming their waitlist is super deep this year to prevent that from happening again. I however, am on the waitlist and really want to go here so hopefully there is lots of movement again this year!
Not to mention the insane cost.. lol

Has anyone recently came off the waitlist and gotten accepted?

Reactions: 4 users
II today for 5/1. Crazy they’re interviewing after April 30! I will likely withdraw but I guess there’s hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
II today for 5/1. Crazy they’re interviewing after April 30! I will likely withdraw but I guess there’s hope.

What are your stats, if you don't mind me asking? And when was your application complete?

Are they doing virtual interviews?

Does anyone know if the timeline is being pushed back/when should we expect to see significant waitlist movement?

Does anyone know if the timeline is being pushed back/when should we expect to see significant waitlist movement?
No but if they move the April 30th deadline I will literally cry...I need to plan for life. My husband and I just got laid off. I need a little good news, Nova! +pity+

• Sad
Reactions: 10 users
I know someone who got off the waitlist a couple of days ago. Guess they’re starting to make decisions!

Reactions: 9 users
Are they gonna email us if we get moved off the waitlist? Do they reject anyone post-interview and if so how many?

Last edited: