2018-2019 Vanderbilt University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So...I sent them an update letter late last week, and they sent me a personalized response congratulating on my update (it was a published abstract) and stated that my application is currently under review. They specifically wrote : "The review process is ongoing from August through December and we hope to have more information regarding your status in the coming weeks." Personally, I'm not super hopeful, but let's not lose hope!!

Thanks for the update! also, how did you guys send an update? You just emailed the admissions?

Also curious about this! And congrats on the abstract!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So...I sent them an update letter late last week, and they sent me a personalized response congratulating on my update (it was a published abstract) and stated that my application is currently under review. They specifically wrote : "The review process is ongoing from August through December and we hope to have more information regarding your status in the coming weeks." Personally, I'm not super hopeful, but let's not lose hope!!

At least we have an expiration date on the II hope. New Fears Eve.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when people who interviewed earlier this cycle can expect to hear back? I was told mid-December, but I'm not sure what exactly that means.

Does anyone know when people who interviewed earlier this cycle can expect to hear back? I was told mid-December, but I'm not sure what exactly that means.
Usually the week of Christmas according to old threads. So probably next week or 2 weeks from now.

Finna find a fat WL in my Christmas stocking--fantastic

My notes said we'd hear back in december or february. Apparently they rarely reject anyone post interview so we'll probably get an acceptance or a waitlist sometime soon.

So.... Looking back on this thread 2 years ago, seems like some interviews were extended around this time and that was it for the cycle. However last year's thread had no interviews extended from December on. Just wondering what people's thoughts are of the likelihood of any more interviews being extended.

Maybe we will get some good news next week! Seems like their first round of acceptances is usually the week before Christmas. :)

Did anyone here interview early November and recall whether they said we would hear back in December or February?

So.... Looking back on this thread 2 years ago, seems like some interviews were extended around this time and that was it for the cycle. However last year's thread had no interviews extended from December on. Just wondering what people's thoughts are of the likelihood of any more interviews being extended.
Nobody interested in opining?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nobody interested in opining?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think it's just no one really knows. They might send out some still if people withdraw from their interview which could open up some spots. Since a decent amount of schools respond throughout December this could happen with people who get into their top choice and no longer want to interview here. Just some possibilities...

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent an update a month ago and just got an II now!

Do we think they'll start calling with decisions Friday?

If they don't then that might mean we'll have to wait until after the new years (I hope not) since I doubt they'll call over the weekend or on Christmas eve

These campus news updates from schools are killing me...

But, the email said their office is closed from Dec 21st to Jan 2nd. So hopefully some good news this week

Vandy giving me a heart attack with that fall happenings email... Thought it was another rejection/waitlist.

Reactions: 3 users
These campus news updates from schools are killing me...

But, the email said their office is closed from Dec 21st to Jan 2nd. So hopefully some good news this week

Should mean we get decisions today or tomorrow right?

Should mean we get decisions today or tomorrow right?
The email said the office will be closing at 12 pm on Friday, so it could also be on Friday before noon :p

For those who got IIs, what interview dates are still available? I am just trying to see if I have any chance left with them. :(

For those who got IIs, what interview dates are still available? I am just trying to see if I have any chance left with them. :(

The Director of Admissions told me that they met this past week to send out their final wave of II’s, which they did this past Monday. Sorry fam best of luck everywhere keep though

The Director of Admissions told me that they met this past week to send out their final wave of II’s, which they did this past Monday. Sorry fam best of luck everywhere keep though
why didn't they just reject me a while ago like they did others lol

Just got a call of acceptance! Acceptances have begun yall! Good luck to everybody :)

Reactions: 5 users
also accepted with scholarship!!! so happy, this is my top choice! interviewed mid-september

Reactions: 4 users
To the people who have been accepted so far—does your portal still say "under review" or is the "decision" tab now available?

I just got accepted with a full tuition scholarship!!! I AM SHAKING!!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
I just got accepted with a full tuition scholarship!!! I AM SHAKING!!!!!

Congrats! That's amazing!

Did you just get the call or did you get it earlier today with everyone else? Trying to see if i should hold out hope for a call still :rolleyes:

Congrats! That's amazing!

Did you just get the call or did you get it earlier today with everyone else? Trying to see if i should hold out hope for a call still :rolleyes:
Got the call about half an hour ago :)

Got the call about half an hour ago :)

I don't know why i do this to myself, now I'm going to be jumping at every notification/ring on my phone :p

Although i interviewed the last date in October so idk if this is in order or anything.

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed in late September, for what it’s worth!
Can’t wait to see you guys at second look :)

Congrats to everyone getting all these full scholarships! Y'all must've been amazing!