2018-2019 Creighton University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted, LM = 74, interviewed on 9/22

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
9/22 seems like an auspicious day because that was my date as well.

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone accepted so far! Anyone who interviewed on 9/21 hear back yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey friends, check your online portals! I didn't receive an email at all, but checked the portal this morning and it said I received an acceptance. After calling to confirm, they said that their IT was having some issues with some gmail accounts. Hope this helps some people out!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey friends, check your online portals! I didn't receive an email at all, but checked the portal this morning and it said I received an acceptance! After calling to confirm, they said that their IT was having some issues with some gmail accounts. Hope this helps some people out!
When did you interview?

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Hey friends, check your online portals! I didn't receive an email at all, but checked the portal this morning and it said I received an acceptance! After calling to confirm, they said that their IT was having some issues with some gmail accounts. Hope this helps some people out!
Okay great, I got an acceptance on the portal as well but no email. We're also supposed to be getting an acceptance packet in the mail it seems like.

Accepted on the 15th. Interviewed 9/21.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish anyone knew when they will start reviewing apps completed in September

Withdrew my Acceptance
Absolutely love Creighton and Omaha, but after more reflection: I decided my career goals fit better with another uni.

Good luck to yall!

Edit: Got accepted with conditions. Have to shadow doctors before the official acceptance. Shadowed an Orthopedic surgeon and volunteered in the ED for a year and a half, but I guess I didn't do a lot of shadowing. Just assumed I got accepted without conditions since the email said nothing about it, but the mailed packet had further instructions.

Anyone who interviewed in early October hear back yet?

Edit: Got accepted with conditions. Have to shadow doctors before the official acceptance. Shadowed an Orthopedic surgeon and volunteered in the ED for a year and a half, but I guess I didn't do a lot of shadowing. Just assumed I got accepted without conditions since the email said nothing about it, but the mailed packet had further instructions.
I have like 500 hours shadowing neurosurgeons and heme/oncs and during my interview, the interviewer commented on me not having any PCP shadowing experience... hoping I don't end up with conditions if blessed with an acceptance.

Anyone who interviewed in early October hear back yet?
Interviewed October 19. We were told our files were going to the full committee on Nov. 8 and we'd likely here the next Monday.

Interviewed October 19. We were told our files were going to the full committee on Nov. 8 and we'd likely here the next Monday.
Thanks for the time response!

I had under 100 hours of shadowing across 10 specialties with primary care making up the bulk. I believe they value primary care shadowing along with some experience in different specialties.

I had under 100 hours of shadowing across 10 specialties with primary care making up the bulk. I believe they value primary care shadowing along with some experience in different specialties.

I'm going to agree with you. Primary care is huge because at the end of the day the vast majority of docs at all med schools will at least preliminarily enter a primary care residency (FM, Peds, IM, Obgyn/psych depending on who you ask). Plus primary care you get to see disease pathologies of several different systems (hypertension, back pain, diabetes, etc.)
Conditions of acceptance with shadowing hours may seem like a pointless hoop to jump through however the reason for wanting a certain amount of shadowing time is so you can commit to med school with knowledge about what a doctor actually does. Think about it this way, do you think its wise to spend 300k + the next 7+ years of your life studying to become something you may have seen in practice for only a few hours in a specialty that comprises like 1% of docs?

Furthermore, diversity of medical experiences is important because chances are your going to go into a field you haven't seen before. Addressing Troyzle case from a student perspective, Ortho is pretty awesome, but if you've never been exposed to primary care or even non-surgical specialties you have no clue what 99% of doctors really do. I shadowed a ton of different specialties during undergrad and still never would've thought about fields like IR, pain medicine, PMR, neonatology, etc before starting med school.

Conditional acceptances may seem silly, but there are reasons for them.
Try to look at it as a blessing, not a curse. On a positive note, Your in, just gotta learn more about the profession you want to spend your life in.
Congrats!

Hi! I am new to this thread. For those of you that have already interviewed here what is the "Dutch Dinner" like? Also, is the interview day pretty standard? Powerpoints and then 30 min interview with faculty and student?

Thanks!

Hi! I am new to this thread. For those of you that have already interviewed here what is the "Dutch Dinner" like? Also, is the interview day pretty standard? Powerpoints and then 30 min interview with faculty and student?

Thanks!
The dinner is pretty laid back, there were a bunch of M1s and M2s. Everyone was eager and willing to talk and hang out. The conversation was about more than med school but students were willing to answer any questions. It's not paid for, so you have to pay for whatever you get. It has no bearing on admission decision but it was an awesome opportunity to meet students and I'm glad I went.

Yeah interview is standard. School presentation, financial aid presentation, interviews, catered lunch with M2s, admissions presentation/wrap-up tours, peace out.

The dinner is pretty laid back, there were a bunch of M1s and M2s. Everyone was eager and willing to talk and hang out. The conversation was about more than med school but students were willing to answer any questions. It's not paid for, so you have to pay for whatever you get. It has no bearing on admission decision but it was an awesome opportunity to meet students and I'm glad I went.

Yeah interview is standard. School presentation, financial aid presentation, interviews, catered lunch with M2s, admissions presentation/wrap-up tours, peace out.

Thanks! That is really helpful. Approximately how long was the tutor? Was it a lot of walking outside? My interview is in November so I'm trying to figure out what would be the most sensible thing to wear. Thanks for your help!

Anyone else complete July/Aug and not hear anything yet?

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks! That is really helpful. Approximately how long was the tutor? Was it a lot of walking outside? My interview is in November so I'm trying to figure out what would be the most sensible thing to wear. Thanks for your help!
It was like an hour and fifteen I think. You shuttle to the sim center which is all inside and then your Criss, the medical education building. It’s all inside too. We did walk outside to tour some of the campus but they did mention if weather sucks they usually skip the outside part.

Could someone clarify where information about the Dutch Dinner can be found? I can't seem to find it in my email. Thank you!

Could someone clarify where information about the Dutch Dinner can be found? I can't seem to find it in my email. Thank you!

Are you talking about in general or today specifically?

In general

The medical student admission's committee organizes a dinner every Friday night before/after an interview day (After if you interview on a Friday, before if you interview on a Saturday).
Dinner's are optional and you pay for yourself. Its literally just a get together of M0s and current med students at a local restaurant with the restaurant changes every week. No faculty or administration.
You can talk with current students about med school or whatever else you feel like talking about. It's crazy informal and will not contribute whatsoever on your admissions decision unless you do something particularly egregious like getting plastered and yelling slurs or something. Half the time I'll go as a med student because local omaha restaurants usually have good food and reasonably priced beer and its fun to talk to applicants.

High-Yield: optional chance to eat at a local restaurant with med students. No stress, come in your PJ's if you want.

The medical student admission's committee organizes a dinner every Friday night before/after an interview day (After if you interview on a Friday, before if you interview on a Saturday).
Dinner's are optional and you pay for yourself. Its literally just a get together of M0s and current med students at a local restaurant with the restaurant changes every week. No faculty or administration.
You can talk with current students about med school or whatever else you feel like talking about. It's crazy informal and will not contribute whatsoever on your admissions decision unless you do something particularly egregious like getting plastered and yelling slurs or something. Half the time I'll go as a med student because local omaha restaurants usually have good food and reasonably priced beer and its fun to talk to applicants.

High-Yield: optional chance to eat at a local restaurant with med students. No stress, come in your PJ's if you want.
Thank you for the information!!

Accepted via email this morning! Interviewed late September

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted via portal! No email yet but I interviewed September 28th.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
II today, OOS, LM79, complete in mid sept

I applied late and was complete 9/1 has anyone complete around this time received an interview?

Pretty sure the committee meets on Thursdays and Decisions are handed out on Mondays. 10/5 and 10/6 should hear next Monday because we were told that 10/19 and 10/20 would hear Monday, November 12.
Thanks for this info! Looking forwards to Monday

LM 68-69, non traditional, married, 2 kids. I ended up declining the II.
I wish you all the best in the rest of the cycle! Being a mom while doing this is amazing