2018-2019 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone have an idea of the WL spots for CA?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't suppose there's a convenient way to see the wait-list for CHC placements? Think it would be rather annoying for them to have all currently accepted students calling in individually to find out where they stand...

Reactions: 1 users
Don't suppose there's a convenient way to see the wait-list for CHC placements? Think it would be rather annoying for them to have all currently accepted students calling in individually to find out where they stand...
I just emailed them, like I know I am first on the list for my number one placement. No one has moved off it on months though lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if some things happened to the Brooklyn site? When I hit the FAQ link it directs me to the CHC presentation. I remember there used to be a FAQ sheet. I also remember being able to find the name of the hospital rotations were done at there, but not anymore.

Does anyone know if some things happened to the Brooklyn site? When I hit the FAQ link it directs me to the CHC presentation. I remember there used to be a FAQ sheet. I also remember being able to find the name of the hospital rotations were done at there, but not anymore.
There are two Brooklyn sites now. The original FAQ sheet is correctly attached to the link at the Brooklyn, NY Silver tab.

Ok so when you rank Brooklyn, they’ll automatically consider you for both sites?
Hmm, not sure. In my case, I had ranked the sites before they added Brooklyn Blue, so I was offered a spot as soon as they opened it up. You should reach out to Dolores and ask!

Only about four more months! Whoop whoop! I’m too excited for classes to start hahaha

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any information on whether or not the class is currently full? Has there been any "pending an open seat" movement or "alternate list" movement recently?

Does anyone have any information on whether or not the class is currently full? Has there been any "pending an open seat" movement or "alternate list" movement recently?
For what it’s worth I am on the top of the waitlist for my preferred CHC and have been there since October. So there as not been all that much movement I would guess.

Does this school do scholarships?

For what it’s worth I am on the top of the waitlist for my preferred CHC and have been there since October. So there as not been all that much movement I would guess.

Oof. That's...discouraging. Paid my deposit mid-Jan, found out a week or so ago that I was second on the list for my #1 & #2 CHC spot (both are NY). Thought that meant I had a decent chance of getting bumped, but if movement is that minimal, maybe I better start mentally preparing for staying where I am...

Oof. That's...discouraging. Paid my deposit mid-Jan, found out a week or so ago that I was second on the list for my #1 & #2 CHC spot (both are NY). Thought that meant I had a decent chance of getting bumped, but if movement is that minimal, maybe I better start mentally preparing for staying where I am...
Dalores told me that there will be more movement once we get into April and May.

Where are you at now?

Dalores told me that there will be more movement once we get into April and May.

Good to know. Heh, every step of the way, I'm reminded over and over that patience is truly a necessary virtue while going through this dog and pony show :rolleyes:

Where are you at now?

Currently assigned to Scranton, PA, which is #11 on my list.

Good to know. Heh, every step of the way, I'm reminded over and over that patience is truly a necessary virtue while going through this dog and pony show :rolleyes:

I bet there will be a lot of movement next month and more in May when the last deposit is due! Keeping my fingers crossed that you get the center you want!

Reactions: 2 users

Oh yes, its all about patience lol. It's truly a year-long deal.

I am in the same boat (going to Scranton, PA). Hoping for movement soon too!!

I am starting ATSU-SOMA this July and I had a couple of questions about attendance and grading:

1.) Is attendance mandatory for first year lectures? I generally don't grasp a lot during lectures.
2.) Are first year lectures webcasted/recorded?
3.) Does the school utilize letter grading or Honors/High Pass/Pass/Fail during the first year? How about years II-IV?

I am starting ATSU-SOMA this July and I had a couple of questions about attendance and grading:

1.) Is attendance mandatory for first year lectures? I generally don't grasp a lot during lectures.
2.) Are first year lectures webcasted/recorded?
3.) Does the school utilize letter grading or Honors/High Pass/Pass/Fail during the first year? How about years II-IV?

1) attendance isn't mandatory for lectures. Only mandatory activities are the anatomy lab and OPP/Med skills.

2) Every lecture including OPP is video recorded using Echo360, you can have access to it anytime. It is usually uploaded few hours after the live lecture.

3) it's Fail/Pass/Honor pass system throughout the years.

Thanks for the reply!

Also, does anyone have the calendar for 2019-2020? I'm trying to figure out all the dates for orientation, white coat ceremony, etc. Also, a course schedule would be nice as well.

Thank you!

Thanks for the reply!

Also, does anyone have the calendar for 2019-2020? I'm trying to figure out all the dates for orientation, white coat ceremony, etc. Also, a course schedule would be nice as well.

Thank you!

Orientation week is July 8th. White coat ceremony is on Friday July 12th! Classes start Monday July 18th I believe.

Put on alternate list today. Interviewed 02/22

Orientation week is July 8th. White coat ceremony is on Friday July 12th! Classes start Monday July 18th I believe.

Thanks! Did you mean Monday July 15th, cause the 18th is a Thursday ;)

Do you know where we can get the course/weekly schedules?

Thanks! Did you mean Monday July 15th, cause the 18th is a Thursday ;)

Do you know where we can get the course/weekly schedules?

Hahaha yes, Monday July 15th. The course schedule I am not sure of! If you find out, let me know please!

Hi Everyone,
I interviewed on 02/22 and I was put on the pending seat yesterday. I see some people say that they are put on the alternate list, and I was wondering if it means the same thing as the pending seat. This was my only interview this cycle, and I am really hoping to get into this school.

Hi Everyone,
I interviewed on 02/22 and I was put on the pending seat yesterday. I see some people say that they are put on the alternate list, and I was wondering if it means the same thing as the pending seat. This was my only interview this cycle, and I am really hoping to get into this school.
Hey I dont think they are the same thing. It appears from past threads that ATSU-SOMA takes students of the "pending an open seat" list first and then if they move through that entire list they will move onto the alternate list. So I think you're actually in better shape than the students on the alternate list. Do you happen to know what other interview dates were available? I wonder what month they stop interviews.

Hey I dont think they are the same thing. It appears from past threads that ATSU-SOMA takes students of the "pending an open seat" list first and then if they move through that entire list they will move onto the alternate list. So I think you're actually in better shape than the students on the alternate list. Do you happen to know what other interview dates were available? I wonder what month they stop interviews.

Hey, thank you for the reply. I don't remember the exact day, but it was in April

Accepted pending open seat! This is my first choice. Can't wait for more movement to happen on the wait list!

3/22 and 4/26

Do people on the pending open seat stand a good chance at a full acceptance at this point? Admissions told me that there's a good amount of movement right now and possibility is high but I am not sure if I should continue to accept any further interview invites.

Do people on the pending open seat stand a good chance at a full acceptance at this point? Admissions told me that there's a good amount of movement right now and possibility is high but I am not sure if I should continue to accept any further interview invites.
If you have an acceptance somewhere where you will be happy and it's a good school, I wouldn't interview anymore. But if you are still not accepted anywhere, and you're on a bunch of waitlists, or you have a deposit at a "low tier" school, then I'd continue interviewing.

Edit: There will be a good amount of movement by end of April and beginning of May. Also, this year's class is larger than the previous years so they will accept more students from the pending list.

*phew*

Got bumped up to my #1 CHC choice which is Brooklyn! So nice to have that last bit of stress out of the way! Now I can really relax and enjoy life until things get started come summer.

I also requested to take myself off the waitlist for NY-Silver, and obviously gave up the temporary spot I held in Portland by accepting NY-Blue, so congrats to whoever grabs those spots next!

Reactions: 3 users
*phew*

Got bumped up to my #1 CHC choice which is Brooklyn! So nice to have that last bit of stress out of the way! Now I can really relax and enjoy life until things get started come summer.

I also requested to take myself off the waitlist for NY-Silver, and obviously gave up the temporary spot I held in Portland by accepting NY-Blue, so congrats to whoever grabs those spots next!

Ahh that is AWESOME! Congrats! :)

Question... I was offered the contract for the Scranton CHC site, however, that is my #11 rank. I still sign it right and I can still get moved to one of my top CHCs if there is more movement?

Question... I was offered the contract for the Scranton CHC site, however, that is my #11 rank. I still sign it right and I can still get moved to one of my top CHCs if there is more movement?

Yep! That is correct. I asked Dolores that same question hahah

I know they are expanding their class this year. Does anyone know how many students will be in this coming class and how many total CHCs there are?

I know they are expanding their class this year. Does anyone know how many students will be in this coming class and how many total CHCs there are?

I do know there are 15 CHC's and for class size... I think it is 150 max? Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I remember hearing this stat.

I do know there are 15 CHC's and for class size... I think it is 150 max? Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I remember hearing this stat.

Yep! I recall them saying they wanted to increase it to 150-160.

there are 16 CHCs. New York counts as 2 separate CHC's, Silver-track and Blue-track.

So I'm assuming 160 students.

Damn #11... that's rough. Were they pretty positive that you'd move up, maybe even up to one of your top 3?

------------------------------------

So... I wonder how many people get stuck in CHC's that aren't in their top 3? Can any current students speak to this?

I'm currently in my 2nd choice CHC, moved up from my 6th choice (where I was put when I put my deposit down in December); however, I have a friend who recently got an accepted pending open seat, and they were curious as to what their chances would realistically be to get into one of their top 3 CHC's this late into the cycle? Can any current students speak to this?

Damn #11... that's rough. Were they pretty positive that you'd move up, maybe even up to one of your top 3?

------------------------------------

So... I wonder how many people get stuck in CHC's that aren't in their top 3? Can any current students speak to this?

I'm currently in my 2nd choice CHC, moved up from my 6th choice (where I was put when I put my deposit down in December); however, I have a friend who recently got an accepted pending open seat, and they were curious as to what their chances would realistically be to get into one of their top 3 CHC's this late into the cycle? Can any current students speak to this?
Not current student but I think it partially depends on the CHC. If it’s the Mesa CHC doubtful.