2019-2020 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What’s the class size?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone I’m currently placed in my 6th spot for my CHC and was wondering how likely it is to move up a couple of spots for the Mesa CHC. Did anyone end up getting a spot in Arizona? Please let me know! Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted off the waitlist yesterday! I’m wondering, when we rank the CHC we want, when do you find out which one you’re in? I’m looking on the website but can’t find an answer.
Congradulations! So make sure that you pay what ever fees ($2000) first.m to secure your seat. You should have already received a separate email giving you the link for the CHC. From there, you will reach a page that discusses the different sites. There’s a link that says something like “choose my CHC”...you rank all 16. You’ll receive an email that shows all your ranks. Then about 1-2 days later they will send you a confirmation email stating where they placed you officially and a written agreement to sign. Just know that it is not set in stone, if there is room to move you up due to availability they will do so.

Congradulations! So make sure that you pay what ever fees ($2000) first.m to secure your seat. You should have already received a separate email giving you the link for the CHC. From there, you will reach a page that discusses the different sites. There’s a link that says something like “choose my CHC”...you rank all 16. You’ll receive an email that shows all your ranks. Then about 1-2 days later they will send you a confirmation email stating where they placed you officially and a written agreement to sign. Just know that it is not set in stone, if there is room to move you up due to availability they will do so.

thank you much!!

Hi everyone I’m currently placed in my 6th spot for my CHC and was wondering how likely it is to move up a couple of spots for the Mesa CHC. Did anyone end up getting a spot in Arizona? Please let me know! Thanks!
I think they said trading CHC's with classmates was not allowed, so I think what happens as people drop acceptances people start moving up the list. If that is the case I think the closer you get to orientation the lesser the chance you have of moving up.

I am at the mesa CHC, but I got my first pick since I interviewed here early

Has anyone been getting any emails from the school other than the IT ones? I haven’t heard anything about the homework before the semester starts or gotten any communications about the beginning of school and I wanted to be sure I wasn’t missing anything.

Has anyone been getting any emails from the school other than the IT ones? I haven’t heard anything about the homework before the semester starts or gotten any communications about the beginning of school and I wanted to be sure I wasn’t missing anything.

Hey! Please join the FaceBook group and the GroupMe. It will be very helpful with your updates. There are some assignments that they posted before classes begin. For some reason, there is significantly more information in the FB than through the emails they are sending out.

Reactions: 1 users
I
Hey! Please join the FaceBook group and the GroupMe. It will be very helpful with your updates. There are some assignments that they posted before classes begin. For some reason, there is significantly more information in the FB than through the emails they are sending out.

I am part of the Facebook page, but I never saw anything about homework and it isn’t posted on my canvas. So I am worried that I am missing something.
Thank you for the response by the way!

Last edited:
I am part of the Facebook page, but I never saw anything about homework and it isn’t posted on my canvas. So I am worried that I am missing something.
Thank you for the response by the way!

Did you join the GroupMe? Most of the students were discussing the modules that were posted. I've personally not had any time to look at it since I'm still working. Some students were having issues accessing the work and they got help after contacting IT. I saw the HW mentioned under the GroupMe, btw, not the facebook.

Did you join the GroupMe? Most of the students were discussing the modules that were posted. I've personally not had any time to look at it since I'm still working. Some students were having issues accessing the work and they got help after contacting IT. I saw the HW mentioned under the GroupMe, btw, not the facebook.
How do I join the group me?

Members don't see this ad :)
So make sure you download the application onto your phone. Then go onto the facebook page. Someone there added a link to the groupme. Click on it and it should guide you to our group.
Thank you so much. Looks like everyone on the GroupMe is in the dark like me. I appreciate the help!

• Haha
Any accepted students still waiting to hear about WL decisions from other schools?

I got accepted off the alt list but gave it up because I was not comfortable with any of the CHCs left. Good luck hope it goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 2 users
CHCs I was told about was Alton IL and SC all others have a waitlist

Anyone know if there is still movement happening for CHC placement, and likelihood of movement up until start date?

Anyone know if there is still movement happening for CHC placement, and likelihood of movement up until start date?

I was offered movement about 1 week ago....I think it’s unlikely at this point.....but still possible if people drop out.

South Carolina
Yeah. Apparently that site is established with a good schedule but the fact that it rural and secluded with 45-50 minute drives to different clinics makes me not a but fan. Would totally rather go with the newer Scranton which is already a teaching hospital.

I was offered my #2 choice 4 days ago. I was originally at my #11. Moved up 4 times in the span of a week.

I was offered my #2 choice 4 days ago. I was originally at my #11. Moved up 4 times in the span of a week.

That’s promising. I’m trying to get moved up to Portland, and it seems like it’s impossible. I’ll keep hope alive lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got the acceptance call!!!!

interview 1/31
alternate list 2/14
accepted today!

OMG! Congratulations join the FB page and join the GroupMe ASAP... It’ll be very helpful when you do. If you have any questions please feel free to ask ☺️

• Love
Hello!
Does anyone have more information about the Alton, IL rotation site? :)

Just got pulled off the WL recently! Does anyone know which rotation sites are currently available? Also will class be online/ in person? And any important things I should know?

Was just accepted off the waitlist, but turned it down due to just having moved states for another program. Good luck to those still left on the list!

Last edited:
Withdrew my spot today. Loved the program, but being closer to home is something I couldn’t refuse

I just got accepted today!!!!!

Congrats future doc!
Make sure to join the Facebook group and the GroupMe. Orientation started this week so the earlier you can catch up, the less things will pile up.

Accepted over the phone today but turned it down due to an acceptance elsewhere. Best of luck to those still on the waitlist!

Can someone help me with this secondary prompt? - I have not had any gaps >3 months lol

"Describe your activities during any gaps longer than 3 months in your college or postgraduate record."

Can someone help me with this secondary prompt? - I have not had any gaps >3 months lol

"Describe your activities during any gaps longer than 3 months in your college or postgraduate record."
is it mandatory that you have to answer? if not, i would leave it blank as it does not pertain to you.

is it mandatory that you have to answer? if not, i would leave it blank as it does not pertain to you.

mandatory is its middle name.

But do only some people get this prompt? - I am in grad school, so I could see why they might think there might have been a gap?

mandatory is its middle name.

But do only some people get this prompt? - I am in grad school, so I could see why they might think there might have been a gap?
i would email the school and ask, explain to them that you didn't have a gap