2019-2020 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi Guys! So I was accepted and offered a seat - and I was wondering how I can pay the deposit. I got the email to rank the CHCs, but before I fill that out, I was wondering if I would have to pay the deposit after submitting it, or is there a separate email with instructions? I called, but the office is closed. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Guys! So I was accepted and offered a seat - and I was wondering how I can pay the deposit. I got the email to rank the CHCs, but before I fill that out, I was wondering if I would have to pay the deposit after submitting it, or is there a separate email with instructions? I called, but the office is closed. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

You interviewed 2/14, right? Congrats on your seat. What time did you get an email or phone call today?

Hey, congrats!
I paid my acceptance fee (the first $1000) and submitted my CHC ranking the following day. I think you can submit your ranking and pay the acceptance fee on the same day, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, congrats!
I paid my acceptance fee (the first $1000) and submitted my CHC ranking the following day. I think you can submit your ranking and pay the acceptance fee on the same day, though.

Did you get a separate email to pay the acceptance fee? I didn't get an email to pay the fee, only one with the CHC ranking.

Hey, congrats!
Were you seat pending from the 2/14 interview?

Did you get a separate email to pay the acceptance fee? I didn't get an email to pay the fee, only one with the CHC ranking.
You get a link once you are offered a seat (via email link, and you pay through the portal). I think it's fine for you to submit your CHC ranking just so that they know what you prefer. Let me know if you have any questions!

Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews this cycle? I wish these schools would just reject people. It is not that hard to set up an automated system especially with digital applications :(. This is in regard to both SOMA and Kirksville.
There are additional interview dates coming up, or at least one towards the end of April I believe. I do not know if they are still extending out invites, however. Sorry.

You get a link once you are offered a seat (via email link, and you pay through the portal). I think it's fine for you to submit your CHC ranking just so that they know what you prefer. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you! I was able to pay the deposit and submit my ranking. Do you know anything about waitlist movement for CHCs? I really don’t like the one I’m assigned now (choice 9 out of all of them), but I’m hoping that I get one of my highs choices

Last edited:
Thank you! I was able to pay the deposit and submit my ranking. Do you know anything about waitlist movement for CHCs? I really don’t like the one I’m assigned now (choice 9 out of all of them), but I’m hoping that I get one of my highs choices
I asked this question to admissions and they gave a general response of...we tend to see CHC movement at the end of April and through the summer.

On last year’s thread there are students that received acceptance in March that moved from their 11th to 4th choice. Of course each cycle varies, but I found that encouraging.
Which CHC did you get assigned to?

Members don't see this ad :)
If there are anything current students on here that can provide insight on this...
Just received an email from IT services saying that since most exam softwares are incompatible with MacOs, Macs are not preferred. Any students with experiences with this?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Would anybody care to share any anecdotes regarding the chances of being pulled from the alternate list?

For those who are accepted and already assigned a CHC: is the CHC site assignment contract binding? Still waiting to hear back from other schools and the CHC site contract must be signed in a week.....

For those who are accepted and already assigned a CHC: is the CHC site assignment contract binding? Still waiting to hear back from other schools and the CHC site contract must be signed in a week.....
I’m pretty sure it can change up until the first day of school, I would call and ask to double check. They’re super open and friendly!

Hey guys! Just got an II this afternoon and I’m OOS!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my acceptance today, good luck to you all and I hope one of you gets my seat soon!

Anyone know when deposits are due for the last batch of acceptances?

Is it still technically possible to withdraw after paying one or both the deposits?

For the people interviewing in March, were your interviews postponed or switched to online video format? I’m interviewing in April and am curious how ATSU-SOMA will respond to COVID

Last edited:
I had an original interview date for 03/27. They switched to an online video format through Zoom. Anyone have any idea what to expect? Not sure how to prepare since they haven't released information on how it will work especially since SOMA's normal interview day has a ton of activities.

I had an original interview date for 03/27. They switched to an online video format through Zoom. Anyone have any idea what to expect? Not sure how to prepare since they haven't released information on how it will work especially since SOMA's normal interview day has a ton of activities.

Yeah, I just got an email today from their admissions office about my 04/24 being cancelled for a video interview sometime between 03/30-04/03. Kinda bummed out, but I hope they give us some advice on what to expect out of it.

Yeah, I just got an email today from their admissions office about my 04/24 being cancelled for a video interview sometime between 03/30-04/03. Kinda bummed out, but I hope they give us some advice on what to expect out of it.

Hey! congrats on getting an interview! I was interviewed super late last year in May and it was done through Zoom as well. I can give you my experience, although I'm not sure if it will be the same for you since things may have changed. I had 3 interviewers interview me, each 20 minutes. They asked me general questions like where I was from, why do I want to be a DO, any research, etc. I didn't have an MMIs though unlike some of my peers. Let me know if you have any questions!

Hey! congrats on getting an interview! I was interviewed super late last year in May and it was done through Zoom as well. I can give you my experience, although I'm not sure if it will be the same for you since things may have changed. I had 3 interviewers interview me, each 20 minutes. They asked me general questions like where I was from, why do I want to be a DO, any research, etc. I didn't have an MMIs though unlike some of my peers. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you so much for your help! Was it a panel or were they 3 separate 1-on-1’s? I’m very well versed and used to in-person interviews but have never done a video one. Any tips on the differences? Or should I try and treat it as close to in-person interview as possible?

could you PM me? I have my interview coming up Wednesday.

If there are anything current students on here that can provide insight on this...
Just received an email from IT services saying that since most exam softwares are incompatible with MacOs, Macs are not preferred. Any students with experiences with this?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
You can use a Mac or a PC, it doesn't matter much at all. I actually switched from PC to Mac and have had zero issues so far! They advise PC because our school emphasizes using OneNote and other Microsoft softwares that work better (supposedly) on PC, but I have never had any issues!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone moved from “accepted, seat pending” to “full acceptance” recently?

Does anyone know if there is a specific type of teal required for students scrubs?
Caribbean blue. You need them to be embroidered with the logo as well, but I got mine done once I moved to mesa.

Just out of curiosity- any current students know how SOMA is handling the covid crisis for their students? I just saw from the Midwestern AZ thread that they're planning on sending their M4s in to local EDs in Phoenix

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Anyone know how long the accepted pending seat list is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the 2020 match list for AT SOMA?

Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews this cycle? I wish these schools would just reject people. It is not that hard to set up an automated system especially with digital applications :(. This is in regard to both SOMA and Kirksville.

I just received an email saying that my interview is scheduled for 4/13 on the SOMA campus. It opened with "thank you for scheduling your interview" though I hadn't scheduled anything with them. Also unsure if I want to travel all the way out to AZ (I'm from VA) with all this uncertainty on COVID. I was accepted to another school and am paying that deposit tomorrow, so I have more leeway to not want to travel during this time.

I just received an email saying that my interview is scheduled for 4/13 on the SOMA campus. It opened with "thank you for scheduling your interview" though I hadn't scheduled anything with them. Also unsure if I want to travel all the way out to AZ (I'm from VA) with all this uncertainty on COVID. I was accepted to another school and am paying that deposit tomorrow, so I have more leeway to not want to travel during this time.
They sent a second email stating the interview will take place through Zoom. I thought their class was already full though. Is this just a chance to interview for the waitlist?

They sent a second email stating the interview will take place through Zoom. I thought their class was already full though. Is this just a chance to interview for the waitlist?

I believe at this point any acceptances extended will be “accepted, seat pending” or alternate (AKA waitlist).

Anyone interview late March hear back yet?

Reactions: 1 users
Received a full acceptance today.

Interviewed 2/14
Accepted Seat Pending 3/9
Full Acceptance 4/8

Hope that's helpful. Good luck everyone and thanks for your input!

Received a full acceptance today.

Interviewed 2/14
Accepted Seat Pending 3/9
Full Acceptance 4/8

Hope that's helpful. Good luck everyone and thanks for your input!

Congrats! What time did you get the call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk