2018-2019 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I recently was moved from WL to full acceptance here. I am pretty excited, but they told me that the only CHC available is in southern Illinois. I have nothing against the Midwest, but would not have ranked the site highly. Is it worthwhile to put a deposit down in hope of moving up in the ranked list? Or is it pretty likely we'll get low choices at this point in the cycle? 3 years is quite an investment to not have a preference.

My friend declined his acceptance on Thursday! haha, congrats on your acceptance!

Members don't see this ad.

Any of you guys currently placed in Scranton PA? Also, which one is better Alton IL or Scranton PA? I have never been in any of these places, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Midwest or Northeast. Decide which one is more convenient for your life. nearby cities, nearby friends/family, nearby activities, nearest airport - convenience to getting back home for breaks/holidays. Most residencies are regionally-biased, so do you want to have more ties to the Midwest or the Northeast?

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you. Yea, all my family and friends are in California, so I'm really hoping to get into a CHC there, but I'm currently on the waitlist. Anyways, if I have no options, I will go anywhere.
Midwest or Northeast. Decide which one is more convenient for your life. nearby cities, nearby friends/family, nearby activities, nearest airport - convenience to getting back home for breaks/holidays. Most residencies are regionally-biased, so do you want to have more ties to the Midwest or the Northeast?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my acceptance. Good luck everyone!

Hey guys I just got a II. I was wondering if it would be worth it for me to go or at I just interviewing for a waitlist spot at this point?

Hey guys I just got a II. I was wondering if it would be worth it for me to go or at I just interviewing for a waitlist spot at this point?
At this point, you are interviewing for a WL spot, If you have no other acceptances then it's worth it to go.

Just got a II which I declined. Good luck y'all.

Got placed on alternate list. How is this different than wait list? And aren't all students at this point basically waitlisted?

Accepted pending an open seat = waitlist, means that as soon as someone withdraws from the school, you're next to get in. It is ranked so you can be in the middle of the pack or the next person in line, and it's not based off the interview date.

Alternate list = when they finish accepting everyone from the waitlist, then it's your turn. High chance of not being able to gain an acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Like Six months later and I still have not moved on my CHC waitlist lol.

Reactions: 2 users

oh wow. how far down are you? Also maybe your top choice selections are the ones that don't move much!

I would go. Seems like the waitlist has a lot of movement. Interviewed back in January and was waitlisted for about 2-3 weeks before a seat opened up.

Interesting...I’ve been offered Scranton and a site in Texas. I think I will stick with Ohio for now. What are your top sites?

This is SOMA's match list. It was posted by @odee in another thread.

SOMA

59 matches into FM/IM/Peds
10 EM
6 OB
4 Psych
3 gas
3 gen surg
3 PMR
2 diagnostic radiology
1 urology
1 ortho
1 ENT head neck surgery
1 path
1 neuro
1 child neuro

Reactions: 3 users
I’ve luckily moved quite a bit on the CHC rankings. Since mid March I’ve moved from my #11 to my #4. Ive just recently got placed at the CHC in Chicago, which I am extremely excited for but of course I would like to stay in AZ all four years if I can (especially since my boyfriend will be moving here with me and has a job in place there now). Mesa/ Phoenix and Tucson are my #1 and #2 choices. Does anyone know if swapping CHC locations with other students is an option? If so, would anyone be interested?

I’ve luckily moved quite a bit on the CHC rankings. Since mid March I’ve moved from my #11 to my #4. Ive just recently got placed at the CHC in Chicago, which I am extremely excited for but of course I would like to stay in AZ all four years if I can (especially since my boyfriend will be moving here with me and has a job in place there now). Mesa/ Phoenix and Tucson are my #1 and #2 choices. Does anyone know if swapping CHC locations with other students is an option? If so, would anyone be interested?

I’m not 100% sure, but my hunch is that its not an option. It wouldn’t be fair to the other people you would jump on the waitlist. Wouldn’t hurt to ask though!

A current fourth year told me that it was possible to switch with classmates during his first year, but he's not sure if that's still an option.

For my class, you could not switch with others from different CHC. I think there was only 1 switch. That might change next year as rules always change depending on the situation, especially with the bigger class size.

Officially withdrew my acceptance here. I’ve been sitting on my top CHC, so I hope it goes to one of you!

• Wow
Officially withdrew my acceptance here. I’ve been sitting on my top CHC, so I hope it goes to one of you!

oh nice. get into a different school? congrats if so.

oh nice. get into a different school? congrats if so.

Yeah. I’ve been accepted here and two other DOs since September/October. I really couldn’t decide between this and another.. lol

Yeah. I’ve been accepted here and two other DOs since September/October. I really couldn’t decide between this and another.. lol

what was your top CHC just curious since you're not going here anymore?

I got moved up to my top choice, wonder if I took your slot! If so thanks haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew this morning. I was at the Portland CHC. Hope the seat and/or site goes to one of you fine folks! See you guys on the residency trail!

Withdrew this morning. I was at the Portland CHC. Hope the seat and/or site goes to one of you fine folks! See you guys on the residency trail!

Where did you end up going?
I feel like I saw you around during interviews! Haha

Probably after the deposit that is due tomorrow. Hopefully some CHC movement after that too!

Does anyone know where we pay the deposit at? Totally forgot it was due but they sent me a text LOL!

You got a link to where you login for that? I cant seem to find it. Thanks!
It's the application portal, not the atsu.edu student login. Do you remember the page that has the checklist of tasks to complete after you submitted the first deposit? If you're having trouble finding it, you may want to call enrollment services.

It's the application portal, not the atsu.edu student login. Do you remember the page that has the checklist of tasks to complete after you submitted the first deposit? If you're having trouble finding it, you may want to call enrollment services.
I dug through my old emails and found it. I was trying to go to the student portal not the admissions ones!

They want immunization records by tomorrow! I gotta get on that!

Just withdrew from here today, was placed in the Visalia CHC. Best of luck to all of you!

did anyone get offered a telecom interview next week?

Withdrew acceptance.

Good luck to all.

Tucson was CHC

Last edited:
Got an acceptance pending open seat, interviewed April 26

Anyone else gotten such news as of late? Or a direct acceptance with a seat?

Should I feel secure with this so late in the game?

Got an acceptance pending open seat, interviewed April 26

Anyone else gotten such news as of late? Or a direct acceptance with a seat?

Should I feel secure with this so late in the game?
what does acceptance pending open seat mean? they're offering telecom interviews next week so im not sure what that means

I also received an acceptance pending an open seat, and am in the same boat wondering how likely a seat will open up this late in the game. I sent them an email asking where I’m at on the waitlist and haven’t heard back, but that info should be telling if they’re willing to share. Just happy I have an acceptance elsewhere to fall back on, but it is kind of anxiety inducing to not know even which state I’ll be living in two months from now.

As far as what it means, it’s just a fancy way of saying “waitlist”. They like you but they’ve already offered spots to 160 students, so every seat is spoken for unless someone declines their offer.

I also received an acceptance pending an open seat, and am in the same boat wondering how likely a seat will open up this late in the game. I sent them an email asking where I’m at on the waitlist and haven’t heard back, but that info should be telling if they’re willing to share. Just happy I have an acceptance elsewhere to fall back on, but it is kind of anxiety inducing to not know even which state I’ll be living in two months from now.

As far as what it means, it’s just a fancy way of saying “waitlist”. They like you but they’ve already offered spots to 160 students, so every seat is spoken for unless someone declines their offer.

hmmm, I checked last year's thread and people were getting their seats up until like the week before school started. I also called and they told me my position in the list but couldn't tell me the number or how many people were on it. They also said that historically they're always able to offer seats to everyone they accept because of how much movement there ends up being but idk. I guess we shall just wait and hope for the best, is AT still your top choice?

what does acceptance pending open seat mean? they're offering telecom interviews next week so im not sure what that means

It's the only thing available now. All the official seats are taken but they expanded their class size and are probably expecting more people to drop which is why I think they offered you that. Given the amount of people and coordination required for a full interview they probably can't host another one like that but still want to give you a chance, so blow it out of the water :) best of luck