2017-2018 Wright State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does this school reject pre-II? Sorry if its already been asked.

I don't think the school does (?). They just reject you in March if you don't hear anything.

Members don't see this ad.

Yay
JUST got my secondary haha thought it would never come (was verified Aug 10)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how in depth is their pre-secondary screen?

Reactions: 1 user
ACCEPTED! So excited! Came in the mail today. Interviewed mid-September

Reactions: 7 users
I just received an acceptance packet in the mail! This is my first acceptance, so it feels very special. I interviewed September 20th.

Reactions: 3 users
I just received an acceptance packet in the mail! This is my first acceptance, so it feels very special. I interviewed September 20th.
I got my acceptance in the mail as well! First one ever. So pumped.

Reactions: 6 users
I interviewed mid-September and still haven't heard back from them or received anything in the mail. Anybody else in this boat?

I interviewed mid-September and still haven't heard back from them or received anything in the mail. Anybody else in this boat?
Yep, I keep waiting for something in the mail, but nothing today either

That there was a computer glitch that sent out secondaries to people who weren't supposed to get them last night- when I got mine lmao.

I am so sorry, that is kind of cruel.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh, I just want to hear something at this point.

Reactions: 2 users
Well I finally heard back...just not what I wanted to hear. Waitlisted :/

Rejected. IS 512 MCAT 3.65 GPA. Good luck to everyone else!

yes, came in the mail today
I'm sorry :( you have great stats! Do you think anything in your interview day was a reason why? I keep going through mine in my head, and realizing it could have been much better than it was.

To those who received their admissions decision after their interviews.. how long did it approximately take for you to hear back? A month? Shorter? Longer?

Interviewed 9/26 Waitlisted good luck to you all!

Interviewed 9/17 and waiting to hear my decision! A little worried because I felt like one of my interviewers was grilling me with hard questions but I think I answered them well. So we will see.. sounds like it is taking most people about a month to hear back? My first interviewer said it would be 2 weeks or a month

The admissions department here is small, but they are all extremely nice. You will likely just get a letter, as they say they email, but I never got one last year. If you are waitlisted do not lose hope, as many people tend to treat WSU as a safety school, so tons of waitlist movement. If I recall, my letter came around 3 weeks after I interviewed. Word of advice from someone who has been through the process and stressed the entirety of senior year, relax. You can go two months with no II, and get 4 in one week. It is a pretty random process. Also, a few students aid in the interview process, and other than them, nobody has a clue about timelines for II, acceptances, etc. Just relax and pass senior year.

Reactions: 1 users
Complete since the end of August and still sitting in silence. Anyone else in this boat/what are the chances you think I'll be granted an interview?

Last edited:
Complete since the end of August and still sitting in silence. Anyone else in this boat/what are the chances you think I'll be granted an interview?

3.75 507 IS

complete end of July and still silence so I feel your pain.

3.65 510 OOS

3.75 507 IS

In very similar situation. We should keep each other updated if we hear anything.

Reactions: 1 users

3.75 507 IS
Right there with all of you. ~3.75 (s and c)GPA, 510 MCAT (got dunked on CARS, however), and complete since early-mid August. This whole process is a gamble, but don't give up hope!

3.75 507 IS

Complete since mid-August with a 3.86/508 OOS so I feel you. We’re all in this together!!

3.75 507 IS
Did you emphasize the importance of community service/community efforts in your app? The admissions woman who spoke with my interview group informed us that they were primarily interested in selecting students that they felt connected with/exhibited traits of their mission (servicing the community). If you emphasized this in your app, I wouldn't worry! It's still relatively early in the process and you have great stats/scores. It's just a long and randomized process :/

Did you emphasize the importance of community service/community efforts in your app? The admissions woman who spoke with my interview group informed us that they were primarily interested in selecting students that they felt connected with/exhibited traits of their mission (servicing the community). If you emphasized this in your app, I wouldn't worry! It's still relatively early in the process and you have great stats/scores. It's just a long and randomized process :/

Yes I did! I will keep waiting :)

Just realized I put the wrong date in my previous post... I meant I interviewed on 10/17, not 9/17