2017-2018 Wright State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you! Do you, or does anyone else, know when the white coat ceremony is? My mom is trying to plan around that date

July 8, theres info about it on the website under incoming class tab

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how to do the background check? Also I haven't got my official email address from school but, we submit all the required paperwork through school portal???
you should get an email from certiphi when the school submits the request to do a background check. I am told we will receive our email logins in the mail, and then all of our paperwork for immunizations and stuff is submitted through castle branch. I don't have access to any of that yet though. I did get an email from certiphi, which required me to give consent for the background check. got that email this morning.

So who else is still on the wait list that wants to go to bsom?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+3 lol Do we have any idea how big the tiers are or how many people are left to fill the class?

+3 lol Do we have any idea how big the tiers are or how many people are left to fill the class?

Facebook currently shows 79 in the group. However people accepted in the last few days may not be represented.

Facebook currently shows 79 in the group. However people accepted in the last few days may not be represented.

The facebook group has current med students from previous years so idk how accurate it is.

The facebook group has current med students from previous years so idk how accurate it is.

True but someone said it was like 60 last week. Either way I think you guys have really good chances. You’ll probably hear something soon!

Reactions: 2 users
you should get an email from certiphi when the school submits the request to do a background check. I am told we will receive our email logins in the mail, and then all of our paperwork for immunizations and stuff is submitted through castle branch. I don't have access to any of that yet though. I did get an email from certiphi, which required me to give consent for the background check. got that email this morning.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we supposed to receive an email about our background check, or...? Heard they can take up to a month so just checking.

Just got the call! I've been accepted- bottom tier!

Reactions: 9 users
Who else feels lyk they are at the bottom of the bottom tier?? :(:(

Reactions: 1 users
Who else feels lyk they are at the bottom of the bottom tier?? :(:(
Please don't be too worried! It is still more than two months away from first day of class, so a lot can happen. People can still change their mind on which school they decide to go to.

Please don't be too worried! It is still more than two months away from first day of class, so a lot can happen. People can still change their mind on which school they decide to go to.
Hmmm...Am positive all of us here will make it.... i just wished we had control over our fate...we just have to sit down and hope the next call will be ours..

Feels like I've been rejected twice here, once when I got the third tier letter, and now when they've actually reached the third tier and I haven't gotten a call.

I'm cautiously hopeful at this point... I'm greatful that I might have a chance since the waitlist moved quickly this year.

I went ahead and called admissions. The movement in bottom tier has dropped significantly to 2 per week. If you ask they'll tell you your chances of getting in based on your position, but if you're not in the next 10-20 people it's very unlikely at this point.

I went ahead and called admissions. The movement in bottom tier has dropped significantly to 2 per week. If you ask they'll tell you your chances of getting in based on your position, but if you're not in the next 10-20 people it's very unlikely at this point.

Just curious did you ask where they are at in the bottom tier? Or how many people are in each tier?

Last edited:
Just curious did you ask where they are at in the bottom tier? Or how many people are in each tier?

I asked my chances to get in based on my position and I asked for a comment on the current movement rate. They'll give you a hint if you ask...

Did the people who were accepted off of the waitlist get anything in the mail later, after the call?

I just received an acceptance from an IS school and will be withdrawing from Wright State. Please don't give up hope! this process is crazy

So I am about to go out of the country for a few weeks and am on the WL should I notify them of this? I will have access to email and my home phone number will have someone there so I can get notified by them relaying the message but I am just not sure how to handle the situation. Any suggestions?

So I am about to go out of the country for a few weeks and am on the WL should I notify them of this? I will have access to email and my home phone number will have someone there so I can get notified by them relaying the message but I am just not sure how to handle the situation. Any suggestions?

You could notify them and use that as an opportunity to see if they think that they might reach you on the WL

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Received the acceptance call yesterday. However, I gave up my spot. Hopefully it goes to one of you. Best of luck!

Got acceptance call few days ago. I will be taking it. Goodluck to the rest of u waiting.

Hey do you guys know if they actually give helpful feedback on your past app if you call them?

Hey do you guys know if they actually give helpful feedback on your past app if you call them?

If you talk to the assistant dean of admissions, they should be able to. And I called and they said they officially done with the cycle on July 8th just in case anyone was wondering.

If you talk to the assistant dean of admissions, they should be able to. And I called and they said they officially done with the cycle on July 8th just in case anyone was wondering.
Thanks, they told me to email them and they'd give me feedback. I'm just not sure how helpful it'll be, because some schools give you feedback but don't really read your app.