2017-2018 Wright State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Secondary submitted! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What is the acronym for this school's name? BSOM? WSUBSOM?

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the difference between taking time off between graduation and applying and being non-trad? They have a separate box/question or whatever for each of these

What is the difference between taking time off between graduation and applying and being non-trad? They have a separate box/question or whatever for each of these
Im struggling with this one too. I took a full year off to work before applications and will have two years in between graduating college and matriculation as a result. Does this make me a non trad?

Non-traditional usually means individuals who have worked in another career field and have decided to apply several years from their undergrad, from my understanding.

Members don't see this ad :)
Been a couple weeks and still waiting on a secondary... anyone else in the same boat?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone received a complete email?

You mean this?

Dear BurntFlower,

We have received your Secondary Application to Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine. Your application is now complete.

AMCAS will inform you when your letters of recommendation have been processed and released to your schools. As soon as they do, we will automatically have them as part of your electronic file. We will not check the status for your letters because AMCAS will inform you of their status. Please remember that we do not accept mailed or emailed updates to applications including transcripts, publications or recent activities. If you are invited for an interview you may bring any updates at that time.

Since you have completed your Secondary Application to WSU BSOM, you are in our review status. Your status will not change unless you are invited for an interview. Interview invitations are extended from September through February. No final decisions will be made until the end of the process in late March.

You mean this?

Dear BurntFlower,

We have received your Secondary Application to Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine. Your application is now complete.

AMCAS will inform you when your letters of recommendation have been processed and released to your schools. As soon as they do, we will automatically have them as part of your electronic file. We will not check the status for your letters because AMCAS will inform you of their status. Please remember that we do not accept mailed or emailed updates to applications including transcripts, publications or recent activities. If you are invited for an interview you may bring any updates at that time.

Since you have completed your Secondary Application to WSU BSOM, you are in our review status. Your status will not change unless you are invited for an interview. Interview invitations are extended from September through February. No final decisions will be made until the end of the process in late March.

Yes, thank you! I was just worried because the survey and payment pages were separated and there is not a website to track your status.

Did anyone send more than 3 letters here? I did not see a max on their website, so wanted to know if it would be weird if I sent more.

Did anyone send more than 3 letters here? I did not see a max on their website, so wanted to know if it would be weird if I sent more.
I sent 5!:D But I'm thinking anything more than 6 max may be viewed negatively.

Still waiting on the secondary :/ submitted 8/3

Still waiting on the secondary :/ submitted 8/3

Hmm... Hopefully, you get it soon. In the meantime, it'd be a plus to prewrite the short answers if you haven't already.

Just got a II!

Sent via email this morning. They are scheduling interviews for Tuesdays and Wednesdays in September.

I submitted on July 17th, and got a complete email on July 24th.

Reactions: 5 users
II sent via email 8/22, in state, would love to go here, one of my top choices!

II sent via email 8/22, in state, would love to go here, one of my top choices!

For you (and the other people that have gotten IIs), has the date you asked for been confirmed by Ms. Rickey? I got an II on 8/22 and haven't heard back. I want to schedule flights ASAP.

For you (and the other people that have gotten IIs), has the date you asked for been confirmed by Ms. Rickey? I got an II on 8/22 and haven't heard back. I want to schedule flights ASAP.
My date has not been confirmed yet, I'm assuming it will be by Monday though.

Also not yet confirmed.

Sent a primary in on Friday, just waiting for a secondary :whistle::whistle:

How long did it take others to receive secondary after submitting primary?

It took a month before I got the secondary. I received it only a few days ago. However I was late on the General application process. Don't give up hope! They are likely going through applications in batches.

I submitted my secondary but never received a conformation email saying that my secondary was received. However, I received a conformation email for the $70 fee. Is anyone else in the same boat? And there is no way to check my status online. I am scared my secondary didn't go through. I submitted on July 28th. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Yes, thank you! I was just worried because the survey and payment pages were separated and there is not a website to track your status.

I submitted my secondary but never received a conformation email saying that my secondary was received. However, I received a conformation email for the $70 fee. Is anyone else in the same boat? And there is no way to check my status online. I am scared my secondary didn't go through. I submitted on July 28th. Any help is greatly appreciated!

It takes a while for them to send you the complete email. I just got mine yesterday and I had everything submitted for I think 3 weeks

I did receive a "Secondary Application Completed" email. Perhaps you should send a quick email?

Reactions: 1 users
To all of the IS people that had complete secondaries before 8/1,

Are you all still getting silence? Or have IIs gone out to a significant amount of IS applicant?

Are you all still getting silence? Or have IIs gone out to a significant amount of IS applicant?

IS complete 7/21, still silent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IS, primary verified 8/27 but no word from the school :(
Stats: MCAT 513, uGPA 3.68 (foreign), gGPA 3.86

I am IS, complete mid-July, received an II mid-August. I'm starting to get really excited/nervous since this is my first scheduled interview and it is coming up soon!

Reactions: 2 users
I am new to SDN, but here's my info:
Primary was verified 8/14, secondary invite received 8/18, submitted secondary 8/19, confirmation email received 8/24, and no interview invite received yet. I am out of state with ties to the BSOM and the Miamisburg area.