2017-2018 Wright State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not stressful at all, it's actually a very relaxing day. Neither the students nor the faculty were anxiety producing. Both interviews are conversational, my only advice is to make sure you know your application, as anything is fair game and open for discussion
Did they ask about any current problems in medicine, or stuff like that? Or was it solely based on your app?

Members don't see this ad.

Did they ask about any current problems in medicine, or stuff like that? Or was it solely based on your app?[/

It is really super low stress. Just seems like a normal conversation with questions arising based on your app and secondary for the most part. So take a good look at them.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Did they ask about any current problems in medicine, or stuff like that? Or was it solely based on your app?
No, at least not for me. It was more based on your app and your family. I actually received a lot of questions about my family. One question that caught me off-guard and that I wasn't ready for was "how are you most like your mother?" A completely innocent question, but I just wasn't ready and had to pause and think because I didn't prepare answers to those kind of questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, at least not for me. It was more based on your app and your family. I actually received a lot of questions about my family. One question that caught me off-guard and that I wasn't ready for was "how are you most like your mother?" A completely innocent question, but I just wasn't ready and had to pause and think because I didn't prepare answers to those kind of questions.
Thank you! If you don't mind me asking, how did you go about preparing for the interview? My first interview is in December, but I have no idea hot to be ready for it. low key freaking out

Thank you! If you don't mind me asking, how did you go about preparing for the interview? My first interview is in December, but I have no idea hot to be ready for it. low key freaking out
I just reviewed my application and made sure I could speak to everything on it. Other than that, make sure to know your common question answers such as "why medicine?" and "why wright?" I wasn't asked those specific questions, but they're always good to have just in case.

I honestly don't think there's one way to prepare.. it's a nerve-wracking experience going in, and everyone including the interviewers know this, but I thought Wright did a good job at calming those nerves. By the time of your interview, you will have met and spoke with students and faculty that you'll realize are normal and down-to-earth people, not necessarily jumping to judge. You'll talk with different people throughout the day - just use those small conversation tactics in your interview, and I think you'll be fine. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users

I was accepted last month and I got some really weird interview questions. "If you could have a chat with anyone living or dead from the last 2000 years who would it be?" "What are you reading right now?"- I googled the top 100 medical school questions and found a huge list. My husband asked me the questions and I answered them for practice and I had him give me an honest critique. I found it helpful because the weird questions I got asked happened to be on the list! But like everyone said before the interview day is pretty relaxed. Know your app inside and out but also remember that if you were genuine and honest in your app there is nothing to memorize!

Hi guys, do we know how much of the class is filled by the end of the year? I'm an Ohio resident with lower stats desperately hoping for an II...
I don't have the greatest stats but received an interview and thought the interviews went really well. I interviewed on November 7th so I am just playing the waiting game now. Don't lose hope!

The interview is mostly about your app and your life. Just be confident in why you want to be an MD and why Wright State. Every once in a while you get a question about leadership, volunteer experience, or some question about stressful situations. Just know your app and be confident in the reasons you want to be a doctor. I look at interviews as if you have a seat with your name on it and it is yours to lose. Go out there and take that seat!

Reactions: 2 users
I don't have the greatest stats but received an interview and thought the interviews went really well. I interviewed on November 7th so I am just playing the waiting game now. Don't lose hope!

Do you remember when we should expect to hear a decision? I interviewed that week as well.

Do you remember when we should expect to hear a decision? I interviewed that week as well.

Not to butt in since I did not interview with you but it took me almost a month to find out. Like 3.5 weeks.

Not to butt in since I did not interview with you but it took me almost a month to find out. Like 3.5 weeks.
Most schools meet every 2 weeks so it typically takes 2-4 weeks for a response.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone interviewed on the week of November 7th heard back?

Anyone know when the committee meets/ when II invites go out? IS student complete in Early Sept. still waiting.

ACCEPTED! Interviewed the week of 11/13

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted just now !!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Awesome! Would love to go here! Anyone accepted this round willing to share their stats?

Last edited:
Accepted! OOS interviewed 11/8. LM ~71. Letter dated December 5th but took 4 days to make it to the West Coast.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
It was a packet! Addressed for the 5th so took 3 days

Did you receive a physical "packet" in the mail? Or do both acceptances and denials come in a letter envelope. Sorry for the specific question!

Did you receive a physical "packet" in the mail? Or do both acceptances and denials come in a letter envelope. Sorry for the specific question!
It was a large envelope. Not sure about denials but when I saw the packet I was pretty sure it was an acceptance.

I have read it somewhere but want to confirm this: the committee meets every other week, doesn't it?

all waitlist and rejections come as a normal business letter and all acceptances as a giant packet!

Did anyone from the November 28th or 29th interviews happen to ask when we should expect to hear back about decisions? Wondering if it will be after the holidays.

Did anyone from the November 28th or 29th interviews happen to ask when we should expect to hear back about decisions? Wondering if it will be after the holidays.

According to the trend, I predict that interviewees from the week of 21st and 28th should hear back next week.